Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Ok I am filing this as a rumor cause I don't have any hard evidence just what I was told by a reliable source.  But work is under way for the return of Le Mans and it appears that it will be some time THIS YEAR!  They apparently clearing space across from the wild reserve area and working hard on the project at the moment  This appears to explain both the disappearing map from the website and the the brief shot of the car in the latest video.  My source did not know the time table of the announcement or opening but he told me they were clearing tree rapidly for this project and the he had been told it was for the cars.

RE: Le Mans returs

You may want to change your Title, it says Le Man's "returs".

Also, I can't see this happening. I've been wrong before, and I'm sure your source is credible, but I just don't see what the park would gain financially from doing this.

TrevorBondi said:
You may want to change your Title, it says Le Man's "returs".

Also, I can't see this happening. I've been wrong before, and I'm sure your source is credible, but I just don't see what the park would gain financially from doing this.

Thanks it's fixed I miss stuff some times when I use my phone to post. I was shocked at the news and would be doubting it coming from just about any other source.

James said:
Aren't we starting the April Fools jokes a little early this year?
It's possible my leg is being pulled but I don't think so. You have my promise that I belief what I am being told it could be wrong.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
If this was true there would be permits filed months ago.

Not to mention if the park was doing this then why would they not market an original attraction returning? We are a month away from opening day.

Reactions: Zachary and Thomas
There have actually been digging tickets for the tree removal in the stated area by Horsesboy. But it seems more like clearing for the colonial pipeline, which the park is required to keep hardwood trees from growing over. Who knows though....

Reactions: horsesboy
I'm 99% sure that they at least narrowed their selection, but I know some have been sold. I just don't know how many remain. I was told however, that only one was retrofitted with an electric engine (the one in the video, also used for other things).

If they made a return, I don't see why they would have to be the originals. Just use molds. In fact, it might be easier at this point to create a more feasible ride system.

I would not bank on it for this year, but at some point would sound nice.

CastleOSullivan said:
I'm 99% sure that they at least narrowed their selection, but I know some have been sold. I just don't know how many remain. I was told however, that only one was retrofitted with an electric engine (the one in the video, also used for other things).

If they made a return, I don't see why they would have to be the originals. Just use molds. In fact, it might be easier at this point to create a more feasible ride system.

I would not bank on it for this year, but at some point would sound nice.
To be clear I don't have a time table on completion and opening of it. My source said they thought it would be this year based on the current speed that the site was being worked on. He did mention the July opening of the Three Musketeers as being a possible date.

I have the feeling that this isn't quite true. Looking how brutally open the park has been with Project 2017, I doubt they would be hiding the return of a classic this well known in such a short amount of time.

Then again, there was a LeMans car in the latest video, so who knows...

Reactions: Jrbgwfan06
The pipeline goes down the hill across from first aid and then dog legs to the right to go under Loch Ness, up hill by Loch Ness crossing then on to Italy. From Google Maps it is pretty obvious

bgbackdoor said:
tree clearing is pipeline work only - no le mans
Bgbackdoor is normally spot on with his info so it looKS like my info is bad. Which as I said before was possible which was why it was posted as rumor not news.

Reactions: GeoUSA and Nicole
As much as I would love to see Les Mans returned to Busch Gardens, I think the reasons for it's removal was reasonable, the Griffon was a better choice and it helped make Aquitaine become a popular and alive area.

Reactions: Unagi
VAman93 said:
As much as I would love to see Les Mans returned to Busch Gardens, I think the  reasons for it's removal was reasonable, the Griffon was a better choice and it helped make Aquitaine become a popular and alive area.

Don't let Zachary hear you...

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
I geuss this is just another landscaping project. But then again, landscaping projects jave turned into something else before.

VAman93 said:
As much as I would love to see Les Mans returned to Busch Gardens, I think the  reasons for it's removal was reasonable, the Griffon was a better choice and it helped make Aquitaine become a popular and alive area.

Agreed!

Le Mans was way past its prime. That area of the park was completely dead and during Le Mans' final years the attraction had very low ridership.

Reactions: Zimmy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad