Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Thanks Swiftman for the Attractions thread area... nice way to organize thoughts/comments behind BG attractions. Rode this ride this past weekend and noticed the entire ride received a fresh coat of red this winter. The big however, HOWEVER, is that the paint on the cars is already marred and nicked in only the second weekend in operation. Needed some quality control in application since it cost big $$$ to paint.

Reactions: Zachary
In looking at the '89 brochure for completely different reasons, I just noticed The Catapult was in Festa in between it's stays in Hastings and Oktoberfest. Had no idea.

Haberdasher1973 said:
In looking at the '89 brochure for completely different reasons, I just noticed The Catapult was in Festa in between it's stays in Hastings and Oktoberfest. Had no idea.

That would explain why I couldn't find it at all yesterday when I was looking at the Spring 1987 map! I noticed DerWerble Wind was still in its original place and that the show Enchanted Laboratory was already in Hastings. I assumed it was in storage that year. Haberdasher1973 does it look like it was under one of those "tent" structures in Festa?

Shane said:
Haberdasher1973 does it look like it was under one of those "tent" structures in Festa?

Nope; I believe that spot is now the path to Apollo... maybe?

EDIT: I believe the tent over Sea Dragon is the one that's been used for games in recent years...

gallery_4_542_179630.jpg

Haberdasher1973 said:
Shane said:
Haberdasher1973 does it look like it was under one of those "tent" structures in Festa?

Nope; I believe that spot is now the path to Apollo... maybe?

EDIT: I believe the tent over Sea Dragon is the one that's been used for games in recent years...

gallery_4_542_179630.jpg

If I am misreading your post i apologize but to me I believe where The Catapult was then is where the ballon upcharge attraction and Food/Game building is now.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=37.234692,-76.641911&hl=en&sll=37.234666,-76.641937&sspn=0.000832,0.001737&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=20&z=20

Peter R. said:
If I am misreading your post i apologize but to me I believe where The Catapult was then is where the ballon upcharge attraction and Food/Game building is now.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=37.234692,-76.641911&hl=en&sll=37.234666,-76.641937&sspn=0.000832,0.001737&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=20&z=20

I'll be honest - I was just typing what was being told to me over my shoulder regarding the Catapult (hence my "maybe?"). The time I spend in Festa is a fraction of the time I spend in any other part of the park. I just know that when I do pass the ride-enclosure-turned-games-tent, I ask,

"Now what was that again?"

"The Sea Dragon."

"Isn't that a swinging ship?"

"Usually, yes. This had a track like a Music Express but they were individual boats that turned."

But after seeing that satellite image, I think you may be right ....I really have no idea. I always take park maps with more than a grain of salt... as well as the person who talked to me over my shoulder LOL

EDIT: Is it Splashus Maximus that you're referring to? That looks about right...

Haberdasher1973 said:
EDIT: Is it Splashus Maximus that you're referring to? That looks about right...

Yes I am refering to Splashus Maximus.

Yeah next to the water wars game is the games tent turned storage tent. It was built specifically for the games. The ride may have been there, but they probably moved it and then built the tent and games.

Haberdasher1973 said:

You know, I've heard several times that Catapult was in "Italy" before moving to Oktoberfest. I always assume "Italy" is San Marco. I never saw that on any maps so assumed it was false. But did find it odd that I heard it from several different people. Mystery solved. :cool:

I knew it was in Festa, but I always wondered where. So did we determine it was where that game tent is that they dont use anymore. Was it in that building, or was that building built after Catapult moved to Germany?

From what I was told that tent was built specifically or the games. I would say it was built after Catapult moved.

Just to be clear, the tent covering the switchbacks for Apollo is in fact the same tent that was over the SeaDragon. Pegasus gifts is where Gladiator's Gautlet was.

I think Catapult has to be the most relocated ride in the park.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
I don't know if anyone of you guys rode Katapult in Hastings (Ireland), but my family has been going to BGW for quite a while, and my Aunt Caye remembers it in Hastings. For those people who don't know where it was located it was an indoor ride where "eating with Elmo" is now. When it was inside the building there were decorations on the wall like axes, chains etc. Anyway when you rode it when you were flung at the wall it looked like those things were coming right at you. This was my Aunt's first ride at BGW, and she said when it was inside it was a lot more fun, because of the way it was themed..

I posted a photo JuniorBGWfan that you can actually see the Catapult sign in the background. I think you may like it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150002205153300&set=a.150002108486643.35212.149401725213348&type=3&theater

Reactions: EnchantedLab
Nora said:
I posted a photo JuniorBGWfan that you can actually see the Catapult sign in the background. I think you may like it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150002205153300&set=a.150002108486643.35212.149401725213348&type=3&theater

Thanks Nora I do see the sign! And I just wanted to point out how bear the castle wall looks, this picture must have been before they decorated it.

Reactions: Nora
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
I don't know if anyone of you guys rode Katapult in Hastings (Ireland), but my family has been going to BGW for quite a while, and my Aunt Caye remembers it in Hastings. For those people who don't know where it was located it was an indoor ride where "eating with Elmo" is now. When it was inside the building there were decorations on the wall like axes, chains etc. Anyway when you rode it when you were flung at the wall it looked like those things were coming right at you. This was my Aunt's first ride at BGW, and she said when it was inside it was a lot more fun, because of the way it was themed..

That's more like it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad