Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 23, 2013
(Sorry - not-so-great movie reference but the title fits)

I don't usually post on these forums but I saw something yesterday I have never seen at Busch Gardens...and I have been visiting the park for over thirty years. First off, it was hot - very very hot. Just venturing outside for a few minutes felt like some kind of extreme sauna experiment gone wrong. Nevertheless, I wanted to start off my vacation at my favorite 'escapia'. I boarded the Mach Tower sometime after 6:00pm. As the ride slowly spun up towards the top of the tower, we could start to see a good portion of the park once we got past the tree line. Moments later, a gentleman who was sitting next to me pointed towards the bridge connecting Germany to Italy and stated "There's someone in the water". To my surprise, I did see a lady in the Rhine River, just to the right of the pillars of the bridge. It appeared to be a lady aged anywhere from her late teens to her fifties. It was hard to tell as we were nearly 200 feet up by that time. As Mach Tower continued to rise, we could clearly see this lady swimming towards the shore line opposite of Verbolten. Normally, I would have reacted in shock thinking that she must have either fallen or jumped in to the river. However, she appeared to be swimming casually and did not seem to be in any distress. She looked to be AHHHHHHHH!!!..and just like that, we dropped. As I was saying, she looked like she was using a typical breath stroke swimming style. Upon review, I do not think she jumped or fell from the bridge, because I doubt the water is deep enough for anyone to survive. I also do not think that she jumped from a Rhine River Cruise boat either, because I did get a chance to quickly glance at the loading boat platform while at the top of the tower. There did not seem to be any commotion as one might expect if someone were to jump off from the boat or platform. Following exiting the ride, I immediately darted for the bridge to see if there was any aftermath. I admit, I was expecting to see security/staff having a talk with a lady drying herself off. However, no "water" lady was to be found. After looking for several minutes from the bridge, I did not see any lady still swimming in the water or climbing up the hill. I saw and overheard other visitors (who must have also witnessed this event) talking with a growing number of staff/security on the bridge. After a few minutes, it was evident that there was probably not going to be a solid conclusion to this story and that the lady in the water would most likely remain a mystery...So I left. Again, the lady did not appear to be in any distress.My guess is that she simply did some 'off road' hiking down the hill and jumped in the water for a quick swim to cool off. Maybe she just got fed up with heat. She could have done this on a dare. She might have had a little too much wine to drink during the Food and Wine festival...Perhaps it was a little bit of all three. Anyway, it provided a little surprise and unexpected entertainment on a very hot but very fun day!

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
bgbackdoor said:
it was a man, he was caught, he did jump from the bridge

ppl have done it before and survived

Omg, really? I am petrified of heights and always feel dizzy just looking over the edge of that bridge. People actually *jump* from it? Voluntarily? My god. Not even on my drunkest day in the park would I even consider such a feat. At least tell me this guy got banned or something.

Nov 23, 2013
"Dude looks like a lady..<brass section>..Dude looks like a lady"

Alas, the mystery may have been solved...Yet one mystery may never be revealed...

"Avast ye pirates and black-hearted sea dogs -
Many a man has been summoned by the lore of the deep...
And many a man has met his death beneath the dark waters of the endless abyss. For the sea is a cruel mistress and what she claims she holds on to forever...

Mariners tell tale of a phantom creature who's stalked many a captain and crew who dared to wander the Rhine in search of the great beast.

Other tales tell of this sea-monster - a serpent who's name spells of fear, mystery, and dread...one who's thought to protect a vast array of sunken treasure buried beneath the murky depths.

But these are merely stories, and the truth may never be told.
For such secrets are known only to the phantoms of the high seas
And dead men tell no tales..."

Long live Nessie! ...and anyone brave/drunk/stupid enough to jump off that bridge...

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Jul 20, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_m61ifhz91i1qhy6c9o3_400.jpg
    tumblr_m61ifhz91i1qhy6c9o3_400.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 155
Apr 30, 2015
demanufacture said:
"Avast ye pirates and black-hearted sea dogs -
Many a man has been summoned by the lore of the deep...
And many a man has met his death beneath the dark waters of the endless abyss. For the sea is a cruel mistress and what she claims she holds on to forever...
But these are merely stories, and the truth may never be told.
For such secrets are known only to the phantoms of the high seas
And dead men tell no tales..."

Awesome nox arcana reference lol(not sure if its from anywhere else) :)

Reactions: demanufacture
Nov 23, 2013
Thanks! I changed it up a little of course in honor of Nessie. I always enjoy hearing that track on the Rhine River bridge during Howl O Scream...so much that I bought the album. It's still my favorite album from Nox Arcana.

Reactions: Peej1212
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad