Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'm guessing they're running it slower than it would normally run based on first run, temperature, no rider weight and maybe something else.

What was interesting was the noise as it was coming off the lift.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
They usually either run the ride with the slowest wheel combination possible or the fastest wheel combination possible, and experiment with different wheel combos until they get it to an appropriate cycle time they like before handing the ride over to the park.

The sound as the train was cresting the lift was the anti-rollbacks going off. Kondaa has an anti-rollback wheel that keeps them up just like Skyrush, El Toro, Millennium Force, i305, and other Intamins have that keep them from chattering up the lift but they can still go off if the ride slows down as it is cresting or if the conditions are right.

Or in i305's and Skyrush's cases, the second they get wet they let the entire surrounding area know that they are wet and that they are not happy about it.

Apr 29, 2011
First promotional teaser for Kondaa

For those that don't speak French it says...

"Legend tells that a terrible creature appeared more than 5000 years ago...
A monster from the bowels of the earth terrorizing the indigenous tribes...

Would he be back?

Kondaa Season 2021"

Apr 22, 2019
Looks great whether or not the g force readings are right. Sadly I doubt I'll ever get to ride it.

Oct 7, 2011
FYI those speed and g force numbers are bogus. Don’t take them as fact
Yeah, I hope that G force readout in particular disagrees wildly with Intamin's track calcs.

Makes the awful fake speedometer on the "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3D" video look not so bad. I would have thought that impossible.

• Love
Reactions: wombat96
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad