Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 18, 2021
I've never been to KD before, but am looking into going for their Halloween event this year. Was looking at the private 2BR Cabins and thought that would be a good place to stay to make a full weekend out of it.

The site is lacking in info so figured I'd post some questions here to see if anybody has any answers.

The site has a couple blurbs saying you can get discounted tickets to KD, but I don't see anything about it. Do you have to wait to buy tickets until you actually check in or something? Anybody know how good the discount is?

Also, can you walk from the site to the park? I see it has a free shuttle, but in my experience, those can be nightmares and the arial picture on the site makes it look pretty close but having woods separating the two places, is there a path to the park?

Anything else I should know about the KOA campsite?

Sorry if there is a thread for this elsewhere, looked around and couldn't find anything (but in all honesty, I didn't scroll back past 2016 in any thread categories as I didn't think it would be relevant).

I can say it's not exactly walkable to the front gate - you can do it but there's no sidewalks and a high speed limit

Reactions: Oysterhead00
The KOA is actually really awesome and nice! You can definately walk if you *wanted* to, but the shuttle is usually really good at picking up in intervals. I’d recommend that over walking on the side of the road to get to the park.

As far as tickets go, you may be best off purchasing with online prices if you ever see a sale pop up. The discount varies and sometimes it’s beneficial to just get them online. Also, if you are going for 3 days it may even be beneficial to look at season passes. The gold pass may save you some money if you’re doing a Friday night-Sunday night haunt weekend. I do recommend the campground though. It’s really nice and clean!

Reactions: Oysterhead00
The KOA is actually really awesome and nice! You can definately walk if you *wanted* to, but the shuttle is usually really good at picking up in intervals. I’d recommend that over walking on the side of the road to get to the park.
Good to know...sounds like a dedicated shuttle just for the camp site? It's hard to tell how affiliated the two entities are we've made Florida plans to use shuttles that have turned into hour long nightmares not worth the hassle.

Thanks @Jonesta6 , didn't know if there was a path/walkway leading between the two...walking along a busy road with no sidewalks late at night definitely isn't a good idea! Not smart enough to get the multiquote to work in my reply. Ha ha ha.

Reactions: Jonesta6
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad