Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The thing about Volcano is that other than the first launch and the flip out of the mountain, its layout kind of sucked. It just meandered around in gradual circles before dropping into the final brake run. Volcano was iconic because of the mountain, which wouldn’t have survived the coaster’s demolition and would have been prohibitively expensive to rebuild.

The thing about Volcano is that other than the first launch and the flip out of the mountain, its layout kind of sucked. It just meandered around in gradual circles before dropping into the final brake run. Volcano was iconic because of the mountain, which wouldn’t have survived the coaster’s demolition and would have been prohibitively expensive to rebuild.

True, but I was only using it as an example that most of us on here are familiar with to some extent, presuming many of us got a ride if not the few among us who operated it

My example still stands though, just make the assumption that there'd still be a mountain interaction.

While I honestly don't know how such a remake would be received, I'd guess that from the park's perspective it's either going to need to be an Eifteling Python situation or it won't be as marketable. Given that Monty was one of the last of it's type in existence, I'm leaning more towards Python.

Even if the project was successfull, the coaster would still be toast. If you replace the launch, the trains, and most of the track, is it still the same ride?

pour-drink.gif

Zamperla could build them a new MonteZOOMa from the ground up. All hope is not lost yet in my opinion.

Part of it could come down to who is responsible for the enormous fuck-up that lead to whatever has actually happened to the original and whether or not Knott's can collect some sort of insurance settlement or win some sort of legal battle.

Zamperla could build them a new MonteZOOMa from the ground up. All hope is not lost yet in my opinion.

Part of it could come down to who is responsible for the enormous fuck-up that lead to whatever has actually happened to the original and whether or not Knott's can collect some sort of insurance settlement or win some sort of legal battle.
KumbaK as per usual has fucked up a project they were tasked to work on. I hope this finally shows parks a good goddamn reason to not work with them.

Until something comes out explicitly citing KumbaK as the party responsible for whatever the hell happened, I don't think we should so directly point fingers. A lot of people had their hands in this pot. Was KumbaK responsible? Maybe. Do we know that? Not yet as far as I'm aware.

The only vague details that I know for sure are that the project stalled due to a need to increase the project's budget. Did Kumbak fail to provide an accurate estimate? Looks like it. Does that put them at fault? Not necessarily. There could have been unforeseeable issues pop up, or other parties might have failed to accurately describe the scope of the project and condition of existing components.

My personal take? There's a reason that none of the big names are working on this. There is a near zero chance that none of the big names quoted this project. I think perhaps a smaller company bet on the best case scenario, provided an optimistic budget, and got in way over their head.

Last edited:
As of last week, the work site was still completely idle. I would not take the removal from the new app to mean anything other than not to expect an operating ride in that area for a long time to come. It is still listed on the website with a note that there is no reopening date scheduled, and on the online park map. I just hope when the dust settles, a loop of track loops around Jaguar! again.
The rest of the Fiesta Village renovations looks fantastic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad