Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 1, 2012
Very interesting that this 2023 KI announcement came so late in the the season (for Cedar Fair anyways). Sounds like the Knott's and Carowinds 2023 announcements had a love child.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Apr 22, 2019
Cargo Loco. I can't tell, but is this like that great flat ride they used to have at Hershey Park where you were in round cars and they rotate around disks and pass from one disk to the other and you have lots of near misses with the other cars? I loved that ride and hated that they took it out! It looks like that in the picture, but I'm not sure.

If anybody else remembers that ride, do you remember the name of it? I always find myself thinking it was called "Coal Cracker", because of the sound it made (it was very clacky), but of course that's their flume. So that wasn't it. I wish I could remember the name.

EDIT: I think maybe it was "Coal Shaker".

Yes that was it! And here's footage of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: outhikn and Mwe BGW

SLC Headache

The Spirit of the Forest is a raging Karen
Aug 9, 2017
Looks like a good refresh. I'd say Action Zone is KI's weakest area theming-wise, but this makes Adventure Express pull its area together better.

KI gets an Endeavor. KD sure could use one, especially as Dorney and Carowinds still have their Enterprises and KD lost theirs.

Dec 19, 2021
Is this Cargo Loco the Breakdance that was originally going to go to Carowinds several years ago when County Fair was created?

Apr 17, 2017
Wait. Go to 9:55. Is that ride op walking into the middle of the floor, while it is moving? Can you imagine that now?
"Your performance will be monitored according to the ride operator handbook. As such, a recent review of your work performance indicates that it is at an unsatisfactory level based on the following:
On xx/xx/1988, you were in a controls position at Coal Shaker. You were witnessed entering the ride area while the ride was in motion. This is in violation of section x.x of the Coal Shaker operations manual: 'you must stay in the controls area AT ALL TIMES while the ride is moving, until it comes to a complete stop.' You understand that this is a serious safety violation and a removal from rides. In order to remain employed, you must improve to follow all safety and guest service guidelines as outlined in the Hersheypark operations manual. Failure to do so will result in further disciplinary action and documentation, up to and including termination."

Apr 22, 2019
It probably should be noted: by the modern definition, that is a sexual assault at 13:05. 🙁
Oh man, I did not watch that far into it. No way would that happen today. That's Richard Dawson stuff right there. Actually quite a bit worse than Dawson.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad