Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
There are quite a few people who worked with Kings Dominion during the KECO/Taft and Paramount days that took a lot of the concept and planned works with them when they left during the administrative changes. Pretty much the only departments to survive the changeovers without major personnel shakeups are operations (rides, park services, aquatics, admissions, entertainment) and maintenance.

There are quite a few people who worked with Kings Dominion during the KECO/Taft and Paramount days that took a lot of the concept and planned works with them when they left during the administrative changes. Pretty much the only departments to survive the changeovers without major personnel shakeups are operations (rides, park services, aquatics, admissions, entertainment) and maintenance.

And honestly that's not all that uncommon. I worked at a course where I worked with the Greens Committee to layout a few re-routed holes, a few new ones, and some outhouse/shelter changes and when I left I took them with me rather than leave them behind. Until the employer takes the rights of them you can keep all of that you want and just hold it (unless there's some NDA)

Reactions: b.mac
What were the 2 tracked rides in the Old Virginia/crafts area expansions?
One is probably grizzly ‘relocated’. The other maybe WHite water canyon perceived? I’m just guessing. Maybe neither, they might just be ideas that never came to fruition.

Reactions: Mushroom
One is probably grizzly ‘relocated’. The other maybe WHite water canyon perceived? I’m just guessing. Maybe neither, they might just be ideas that never came to fruition.

Both expansion timeframes on that master plan are from well before both Grizzly and WWC. By the looks of it they were some sort of tracked gentle rides along with the addition of their concert venue (which was eventually added on the opposite end of the park). All of that proposed expansion would take place behind the current standing old Virginia, occupying what is now WWC and Grizzly.

Reactions: Mushroom and MAZ
Just curious, what makes them gentle? As opposed to just tracked ride plots?

At least for 1976 there's no indicator for any lift or blocks making it a coaster, it appears to be a tracked ride similar to other antique cars or an outdoor themed attraction. 1977 could be a Mine Train or something due to how simplistic the layout is and due to the multiple overlaps that could be interpreted as helices.

Reactions: Mushroom
The master plan almost seems prehistoric. Footer layouts and such would have been on ‘much’ more expensive documents at that time. The ‘mr Rogers neighborhood’ like pictures lead me to the mentality that these two rides had absolutely no permanent substance outside of the space they would consume. Just opinion as I would have been 2 years old at the time!

I found this image on reddit, with the description saying it was also originally posted on BGWFans.
bxk201mq20531.jpg

There's a lot of interesting things popping up in the Old Virginia area, around where White Water Canyon and the space behind the go karts currently are. There are two track layouts in that area, which appear to be roller coasters because of how the lines cross over each other. What could they have been? Particularly, the one in the crafts area labelled 1976 looks funky, because there seems to be no representation of a brake run or even a lift hill.

There was likely no anticipated model in mind. It just meant "some cool coaster goes roughly here."

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad