Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I wasn’t even aware that was there. To not have it ready to go when they announced this new pass is a disappointment
Use to be the pass member early entrance area back when they offered that perk.

Went to KD today and they have the touch less security type setup in place similar to HP and SF. Line just cruises through now.

If you bought a prestige pass for the entrance benefits, you’ll be saving a minute or two at most now.

That is GREAT news honestly. Those things make getting into a park so quick compared to old school metal detectors.
Yes they are. I saw the long line and was dreading the typical wait. Was pleasantly surprised when we were walking the whole time and were past security within a couple minutes.

Can anyone share details of what to expect for the VIP area? We were about to renew our passes for next year. We just moved and are actually an hour closer to Carowinds than KD now. We know we want the pass for going to both parks but just curious if the VIP area is worth it. Anyone have any details? Can't find any.

Last weekend, the entrance was different... Is that a going forward thing (i'm going so far as to suggest even a potential entrance remodel?) or just practice for Haunt due to the upcoming crowds? (though, I don't remember this change happening last year.)

As for the VIP area, no idea. I'm genuinely curious, as well. Was going to renew as Gold for the time being, and wait to hear from people with Prestige about the perks and amenities.

At Cedar Point they had the VIP lounge. It was sofas under a tent and I think some other amenities I can't remember. Maybe a fire pit outside of the tent? Don't quote me, but that's my vague recollection. Only part I'm 100% sure of are the sofas under a tent. There was also a replica of a ferris wheel, I believe it was - some ride in any case - though it didn't seem to move. Might be nice to have a comfortable spot to rest, though I'm not sure it's worth the asking price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
At Cedar Point they had the VIP lounge. It was sofas under a tent and I think some other amenities I can't remember. Maybe a fire pit outside of the tent? Don't quote me, but that's my vague recollection. Only part I'm 100% sure of are the sofas under a tent. There was also a replica of a ferris wheel, I believe it was - some ride in any case - though it didn't seem to move. Might be nice to have a comfortable spot to rest, though I'm not sure it's worth the asking price.

Was this the spot under the final MF turnaround into the brakes?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad