Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 14, 2010
I am sure everyone read today's Screamscape blurb about the boy who was Fabioed at SF Great Adventure. But the question arises do you think SF Great Adventure will react as BGW did and install something to try to prevent another incident like this ( yes it is a freak incident but my opinion is they will probably do something to sooth the guest fears). If so what would be installed?

Apr 29, 2011
Peter R. said:
I am sure everyone read today's Screamscape blurb about the boy who was Fabioed at SF Great Adventure. But the question arises do you think SF Great Adventure will react as BGW did and install something to try to prevent another incident like this ( yes it is a freak incident but my opinion is they will probably do something to sooth the guest fears). If so what would be installed?

First of all, I F****** LOVE how they have Fabio's bloody picture on Apollo's Chariot in that article for a comparison! HILARIOUS!

Second, I really don't know how they can completely birdproof that ride unless they enclose all of it, and that will never happen. The kid got hit on the way back to the station and the bird flew into the path of the train. Definitely more of a freak accident than Apollo's Chariot. With AC, the geese were nesting in the area of the first drop so the park put netting around the track to prevent them from doing that.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Had that exact "solution" brought up in another forum. If you want to birdproof one ride you must birdproof ALL of them.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Unagi said:
With AC, the geese were nesting in the area of the first drop so the park put netting around the track to prevent them from doing that.

This exactly.

From what I know of Six Flags parks, they aren't exactly, ah, prime nesting grounds for birds. ;)

Aug 14, 2010
Unagi said:
First of all, I F****** LOVE how they have Fabio's bloody picture on Apollo's Chariot in that article for a comparison! HILARIOUS!

Second, I really don't know how they can completely birdproof that ride unless they enclose all of it, and that will never happen. The kid got hit on the way back to the station and the bird flew into the path of the train. Definitely more of a freak accident than Apollo's Chariot. With AC, the geese were nesting in the area of the first drop so the park put netting around the track to prevent them from doing that.

Only thing I could think of would be netting... but that wouldn't look very good... even by Six Flags standards.

Apr 22, 2019
I enjoyed this ride and I didn't have any issues with the restraints. They were fine. I thought maybe I'd bang my head, but I didn't. However for some reason even though this launch is longer and faster than Storm Runner, I feel like Storm Runner's feels more intense. Not sure why. So this was fun and I'd definitely ride it again, but at the same time it was slightly disappointing.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Bumping an old ass thread to show you guys something I haven't seen since 2014:

186213435_10225124817404196_3148204460250438876_n.jpg

Apr 22, 2019
It’s awesome. The timing seems to vary in the videos I’ve seen, but at least close, and sometimes perfect. Can’t wait to go this year… and still be too scared to ride Zumanjaro.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad