Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 1, 2012
According to the CBS affiliate in Richmond, KD was chosen as one of 8-10 host sites in the USA to host this show. It will be on Thursday, December 10th in the park's parking lot. It is free, BUT you must make online reservation to hold a spot for your car. This show is by Walmart and will use 1000 Intel Drones to put on the show. Reservations go live at 5pm today. Keep in mind KD is the host and this is NOT really part of the "Taste of the Season" event.

Actually two Cedar Fair parks are host sites, KD and Carowinds.

Holiday drone light show.

Here is a short preview video from Business Wire.

Preview Video

Last edited:
According to the CBS affiliate in Richmond, KD was chosen as one of 8-10 host sites in the USA to host this show. It will be on Thursday, December 10th in the park's parking lot. It is free, BUT you must make online reservation to hold a spot for your car. This show is by Walmart and will use 1000 Intel Drones to put on the show. Reservations go live at 5pm today. Keep in mind KD is the host and this is NOT really part of the "Taste of the Season" event.

Actually two Cedar Fair parks are host sites, KD and Carowinds.

Holiday drone light show.

Here is a short preview video from Business Wire.

Preview Video
Thanks for the heads up. I just made a reservation for it. Should be a fun night.

• Love
Reactions: Luke and Zachary
Are they bringing in portajohns? I don't see how the park's bathrooms will work for this crowd. Slightly concerned. Otherwise looking forward to it.

We had a great time tonight at the Walmart Holiday Drone Show. It was well run, easy to get in and out and my teenagers really enjoyed it. Thanks for letting us know about this fun, free family activity.

Yeah, it was a super neat event. For anyone who couldn’t make it out...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As I mentioned in the tweet, it’s amazing to see how far the medium has come since the Disney Springs show a few years ago. It was a really neat thing to see back then, but it really looks ready for prime time now.

Turned out they only used a fourth of the lot at most. That was appreciated when time to leave!! Everything was independent of the park -- they didn't even have access to the front gates for the tickets. Ignored parking markers and laid it out like a drive-in theater, socially distanced of course. The drones were over a different portion of the lot, I don't think anyone was close to right under it. Despite arriving 55 minutes early, I was near the back. Due to a dumbass that wouldn't turn off their lights, I walked up to get closer, and it was a big improvement. The 3D portions were great at that distance. Also there were some 2D word displays they varied the colors impressively. The drone portion was pretty short, 20 minutes at most, and it was lot of waiting with a short movie, music and lights ... however, they also gave us a goody bag. Especially since my guests bailed, I spent most of the time eating junk food, so the time went fast.

So, very nice! for free! but could easily have been too much effort.

P.S. that official video is really good.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad