Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Thomas

He Who Knows 10,000 Things
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA
There was talk of a possible "BGTFans" a while back... Jut wondering what people would think about a "KDFans."

2060593-851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

But if you are, there's no technical (as in hosting requirements) as to why we couldn't do a KDFans, and WordPress Multisite looks quite interesting.

Considering all of the talk about King's Dominion on here lately, I think it's a pretty good idea. For all we know, there's a secret fanbase out there waiting...

As long as there's staff and demand, expanding could be a possibility (just like with BGTFans). Looking at KDfansite, it doesn't look like they've had a blog post since before the 4th of July and that was just for an event they were planning.

You got one right here :p

Let's try to keep our good relationship with KD unlike what happened with our flagship fan park...

I think a KD part of the site sounds awesome... But I would choose a different name. KDFans and KDFansite could easily be confused.

I remember back in the day when Behind the Thrills was born and they ripped on us for a few years because their webshow was called "Behind the Screams". lol.

Good time, too. They're about to make an announcement next month.

I would love to see this happen! Plenty of people on here (including myself :p) who like both parks.

the thing is, this site seems to put out a lot of hate towards kd, i like the park, i just don't want to see kdfans.com turn into a site where you hate on kd and that's the majority of posts. it could definetly be done, but the hate would need to be to a mininum

I think it can be done, we can't really stop anyone from bashing KD, a lot of people bash BGW on here. I think there is a lot of love for BGW here even if people bash it. I think we could provide that for KD and even for BGT.

Shane said:
I think it can be done, we can't really stop anyone from bashing KD, a lot of people bash BGW on here. I think there is a lot of love for BGW here even if people bash it. I think we could provide that for KD and even for BGT.

Do not confuse concerned criticism for hate.

Reactions: Ben and Gavin
I think people are very critical of BGW because they grew up and loved it the way it used to be. I think it will be hard to do KD because I feel there would be much more actual hate than concerned criticism. However: I can see BGT getting much concerned criticism.

BGT is in a very good place with its fans and general guests. No, there is nothing in the way of CC with BGT as there is here. Of course you are not in the realm of Florida and from the sounds of it never been to that park. In that case I would not expect you to know.

Are you really throwing the nostalgia card out again? LOLOLOL.

I have no doubt BGT is a very good park with its fans and general guests. Every place can use constructive criticism, even the best of places. I am not saying it is a bad place but I am sure there are small little things that can be improved at the least. No, I don't reside in Florida, neither have I visited BGT. Yet, I still believe constructive criticism can still be applied to every park, more so to some than others.

I am only throwing the nostalgia card out because it has been stated by other users that they only criticize the park because they believe the park can do som much more, as been shown by previous actions in the park's history.

Party Rocker said:
I have no doubt BGT is a very good park with its fans and general guests. Every place can use constructive criticism, even the best of places. I am not saying it is a bad place but I am sure there are small little things that can be improved at the least. No, I don't reside in Florida, neither have I visited BGT. Yet, I still believe constructive criticism can still be applied to every park, more so to some than others.

Concerned criticism and conctructive are two very very different items. Constructive is more so on the good that could be better whilst concerned is on the spiraling downward. BGW falls into concerned.

Party Rocker said:
I am only throwing the nostalgia card out because it has been stated by other users that they only criticize the park because they believe the park can do som much more, as been shown by previous actions in the park's history.

Several items once held to high standards at BGW are left to the wind. They are disregarded for the sake of bottom line. The concept of people bashing for nostalgia sake is probaly the most laughable thing that has been posted on the boards. It is even more comical when the park was worlds better in 2010. two years hardly counts as nostalgia. The park is letting things slip. Simply put; no nostalgia.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad