Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
How would VR work on an attraction for which new sets and animatronics are being constructed? (And a water ride no less?)

Reactions: Ziva and SukaUniFl
Anything Jurassic related needs to be full size animatronic. No screens, no VR, no ride without a substantial dark ride aspect. Anything less kills the impact of dinosaurs.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
How would VR work on an attraction for which new sets and animatronics are being constructed? (And a water ride no less?)
Exactly, VR is not in anything, The only other Rumor/Speculation I have or others heard of is Projection Mapping. Once Universal makes the announcements I will post if I can, but we know how Universal does, may be a few months or even weeks before Ride opens. Besides this is for Universal Hollywood having the JPRA redo as a JW overhaul. Here is a pic courtesy of SailwiththeTide on IU, showing the new show house structures going up at the first lagoon area of track for the JW ride to open in 2019

Attachments

• ptxWGPY.jpg
    ptxWGPY.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 0
The idea has been pitched for both parks in FL and CA for an AR/VR attraction within the JP/JW complex. This is not a Coaster project, and it may not come to fruition. It could however be something of a Jurassic version of empire at war or simply boil down to, as suk has said projection mapping. Regardless, the chain seems to be trying to stray from the traditional sims it has relied on in the past.

OK, So it looks like Universal has put in a patent for Jurassic flume ride, not sure if for Hollywood, Beijing, or maybe Orlando, But you know you can put in a patent and change it or never be used, but here its courtesy of DisUni and the United States Patent office as of November 29th. If they use it very nice, but I see a oh no especially with the switching tracks, turntables and flippers, especially with the water. Here are some pics for you, What do you think?, I like the excitement get knocked off course, and turning of the boat. So lets hope it is something. Bloop. NOw its only a patent and nothing is Confirmed or anything until it is released straight from Comcast NBCUniversal, and the Universal park that it may be at.

EDIT: Is Universal doing an upgrade to the Shanghai Disneyland PotC ride and found a new way to change it and possible have a system they came up with before Disney brings their Shanghai PotC ride system over. Uni you got this.

Attachments

• Flume-1.jpg
    Flume-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Flume-2.jpg
    Flume-2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Flume-3.jpg
    Flume-3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Flume-4.jpg
    Flume-4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Flume-f.jpg
    Flume-f.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
I am wondering when at the new screen tech if this is also where that patent thing that Universal did with the pinball flippers, because when it crashes into the windo and the screen breaks(probably be a water missed feature) the boat looks like it gets pushed a little to the side and there is water that splashes over to the right . If so maybe this is where Universals and then something goes wrong concepts. I can't wait to go back and it is opened to find out.
Maybe they will do like Uni Orlando and show us a new feature each day before it opens, plus after seeing them test some of the boats which look new and are now grey and black. Pics from Inside Universal

Attachments

• D2Xja9mUkAA5OMB.jpg
    D2Xja9mUkAA5OMB.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
  • D2Xje0AUwAAcvXm.jpg
    D2Xje0AUwAAcvXm.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Unagi
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/HJnSNz6ZPQs

A few notes...
-That's an impressive screen effect.
-New Animatronics look amazing and the existing ones look really improved.
-Glad they still have Dilolphosaurus, but I only see two. This means that it's not as good as the one in IOA, which has three.

I might have to fly out next year.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad