Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Went to Busch Gardens again. Since I've already done a trip report from my trip earlier this summer I'll make this one brief.

First of all, has anyone noticed the little smiley face stickers everywhere? My sister and I found them ALL over the park. On the ground, on poles, on people's backs, on the operator buttons for Gryphon... EVERYWHERE.

I had no idea Illuminights would be so amazing. It took forever for the sun to go down because it's the middle of summer and when it finally did I was already on the bridge with my sister so that we had a good view of the fireworks. Which btw were absolutely beautiful. Now *that's* how you do fireworks. And the bridge was so crowded it was a little scary, especially when it was time to leave. And when we did finally we all got hearded off the bridge out a back way of the park. So although I didn't really see much of Illuminights I will say that what I saw was beautiful. Next trip I'll be sure to keep walking around the park instead of spending the whole hour that it's dark on the bridge.

Mix It Up was really good! I really enjoyed it! It's definitely something to go see

I did the Rhine River cruise for the first time ever (usually I'm coaster-hopping) and it was very nice. Nice and relaxing and quick to get through. Great for a break on a hot day. I also went into shops I'd never gone in before. I had no idea there was even a Christmas shop! It's so well hidden! And I went into Grogan's for the first time too and had a strawberry daiquiri. Very good and that pub is so neat to be in! Definitely going to stop in there more often.

What's the deal with Quick Queue? Those lanes are always closed and there's nobody in them. At least this time the one for AlpenGeist was actually letting people sit in those rows on the coaster itself instead of just letting them go empty. Are people just not buying QQ passes?

To our employees on the site who work at Apollo and Gryphon, I didn't say hello but... hello!

I loved the irish band in Ireland in the middle of the day. There was a redheaded guy and a brunette guy singing with three others playing instruments. They only did about three or four songs and there wasn't much of a crowd gathering for them but they were good. Hats off to them for trying to get people dancing despite the heat! Loved the skirts on the boys, too, lol.

Something I learned this trip was that Lorikeets will attacked animals and people who get near their nest even when said animals and people had no idea there even was a nest nearby. Got bitten a number of times by these little guys. Last time they were very friendly but wow, this time they were bent on protecting their eggs. The lady who worked there was very friendly though and came right up to us and chatted away.

Also, and I have no idea how to identify her, but as we were leaving the park on one of the trams there was a lady there who was telling jokes and was very fun. She said something like, "you can't leave here tired, you can only leave here busched!" Anyways, it was funny when she said it. She gave everyone on the tram a good laugh despite being so exhausted at the end of the day.

In summation, Busch Gardens is the most awesome place on earth. I can't wait to go again.

Merboy said:
First of all, has anyone noticed the little smiley face stickers everywhere? My sister and I found them ALL over the park. On the ground, on poles, on people's backs, on the operator buttons for Gryphon... EVERYWHERE.

Yes, my son pointed this out to me the other day. They are indeed everywhere.

I find I spend quite some time in Grogan's. We'll usually stop there get a coffees or a black and tan and just hang out there for a bit. They need to get some wifi in there. Everybody is killing that cell tower.

And those ain't no skirts. :-/

I have noticed the smiley stickers everywhere too! I found one on the front car of Apollo a few weeks ago.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad