Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Bumping this to say, someone in maintenance is actually starting to give a carp about this ride. Roughly 65% of the building as been cleaned and pressure washed, it’s a noticeable difference too, I think it’s a slow effort to make this ride good again
That's great news! Kinda unbelievable that it was ever allowed to get as bad as these photos. Did the rockwork removed from the front of the facade ever get put back, or is the metal framing still exposed?

*Edit* I just watched some videos of the ride on YouTube from 3 weeks ago, and wow, I've never seen it look this rough. Part of the final lift appears to have been pressure washed, but the rest is in seriously bad shape... Hopefully a lot more work has been done since then. I'm also worried about the dark ride portion which seems to be getting worse, not better, with entire scenes now being fully "dead" lights-out rooms. I thought when they turned the Allura statue's eyes back on it would be the start of a slow restoration of the ride, but I guess not?

Last edited:
That's great news! Kinda unbelievable that it was ever allowed to get as bad as these photos. Did the rockwork removed from the front of the facade ever get put back, or is the metal framing still exposed?

*Edit* I just watched some videos of the ride on YouTube from 3 weeks ago, and wow, I've never seen it look this rough. Part of the final lift appears to have been pressure washed, but the rest is in seriously bad shape... Hopefully a lot more work has been done since then. I'm also worried about the dark ride portion which seems to be getting worse, not better, with entire scenes now being fully "dead" lights-out rooms. I thought when they turned the Allura statue's eyes back on it would be the start of a slow restoration of the ride, but I guess not?
Budget Budget

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad