Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I have often seen people pass right by the patio. I would like to get a few speakers in there during the fireworks. Otherwise, I like the quietness of that area.

Reactions: Zachary
I feel like the patio would be utilized more if they hadn't set up the tables and seats in front of the building. Maybe they plan on expanding the patio and making everyone sit there by eliminating the seating up front.

Reactions: Zachary
I finally got to try the special CT peppermint mocha sundae at Josephine's. It was easily my favorite offering from the new ice cream parlor to date. Admittedly, I haven't tried everything on their menu, but I have at least tasted all of the options that sound at all appealing to me.

I love candycanes and the crumbled peppermint with the chocolate ganache was excellent. The overall effect of coffee ice cream with those toppings was delicious and not overwhelming the way some of their chocolate recipes can be.

I've tried the the pecan pie one and I can personally vouch for it being fantastic as well.

I was underwhelmed by the Howl-O-Scream offerings, but it seems that they've done a brilliant job with Christmas Town's custom sundaes.

Reactions: Nicole
I was so close to trying the pecan pie sundae yesterday, but I felt too stuffed and moved on. There's always next weekend though. ;)

Anyways, I found some more information on the proposed additional seating for Josephine's. This digging ticket was filed which gives us a better idea of location. From what I collect, this is the proposed area:

XgSAUC3.jpg

It seems the existing patio will be extended around the side of the building. Hopefully that will take the temporary seating area on that side of the building off the main path. And another benefit is there won't be an ugly blue fence bordering the main path anymore.

I tried a new "freak shake" at Josephine's Sunday afternoon. This is the worst experience I've had in the park in awhile. We waited about 15 minutes in line to order. When we got to order they had run out of pagers, so he asked my name, realized he had nowhere to type it in said nevermind and gave me my receipt. Which has no number to call, no name, just my order. There were a ton of people waiting for theirs orders obviously but that is no excuse to wait over 40 minutes (after ordering) for a shake! It was very yummy but not worth the hour wait. They really need to get a rhythm, it looked like 1 person made shakes while the other 2? staff did everything else. They were making things and no was claiming them....it was so frustrating.

Josephines in my experience is almost always slow and frustrating.

We got the strawberry shake this weekend, and the line for the single cashier was interminable. The silver lining was that it took so long for people to place their orders that the person making our shake had no backlog and was able to prepare it immediately.

We weren't impressed with the shake, itself, for what it is worth. The cake was mediocre and the shake itself wasn't as good as usual.

Reactions: luseendesi
I was very disappointed to see menu cuts at Josephine's last night. I don't know if the changes are temporary or not, but the loss of the strawberry shortcake sundae (and shortcake as a topping in general) is a huge blow to my sundae-building experience.

Nilla Wafers also looked like they had been pulled from the toppings list—making my custom banana cream pie milkshake an impossibility as well.

Lastly, especially in light of the other cuts, I'm really missing the pumpkin pie seasonal sundae from past autumns... It was my go-to order whenever it was available.

Last edited:
It is a great location with a ton of space in the kitchen and lots of patio seating. BGT is getting a CFA. Why not BGW? Seems like it might be a good location. Personally, it'd be a terrible switch. But it does make you wonder.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
You mean bring back the thing that was rarely ever open?

Or at this point, a CFA or even KFC would fill the fried chicken void and the park could leverage the branding to save on marketing costs... /s

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad