Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
This water park is really getting nice, not the best scenery but with sweet rides and in a great town who could complain? New Aqua Loop for 2012, Jolly Rogers usually adds a new ride/thing yearly in one of their parks but haven't noticed anything happening this year. If you have not heard of this waterpark you should check it out, just Google Jolly Roger Splash Mountain. Definitely very underrated and not too many people know about it.
 

Attachments

  • JR's.jpg
    JR's.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 35

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,843
46,007
260
Virginia
Wait, wait, wait... There's a water park with a vertical ProSlide bowl, a launching water coaster, and a half-pipe, which all empty into the same lazy river in the next state over? How have I never heard of this place?! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to keep this in mind...
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
Zachary said:
Wait, wait, wait... There's a water park with a vertical ProSlide bowl, a launching water coaster, and a half-pipe, which all empty into the same lazy river in the next state over? How have I never heard of this place?! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to keep this in mind...

Very, very, nice park just thought it deserves some credit, 3 hrs from BGW. Longest line is for Stealth (half pipe) usually 15 min on busiest days and the Aqua Loop has about a minute line usually, my record is 60 times on AquaLoop in 1 day with 10 rides on all other slides.
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
Why does BGW have to be so far away from me, haha. Lots more to do then just the waterpark. Trimpers Rides in OC had a boomerang type coaster installed probably 10 plus years ago called Tidal Wave and they had to cut the top of lift of because it stuck out into street a couple feet.
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
Here is King Cobra which moved from KD in the late 80s to Jolly Rogers, 2 years later King Cobra was moved to Hopi Hari and is now called Katapul. I believed at JR's it lasted 2 yrs, 1987-1989. Crazy how much JR changed. It was a driving range.
 

Attachments

  • jr king.jpg
    jr king.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
  • jr king 2.jpg
    jr king 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 12
  • jr 3.jpg
    jr 3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 14
  • jr 2.jpg
    jr 2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 10
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
Drove by today and there was about 30 people in the park (not including workers) it was empty, I almost stopped to take a visit it was so empty.
 
Aug 18, 2012
70
76
60
Delmarva penninsula
That is unusual. Must be the weather. July 4th week is of course busy. Rehoboth was packed today. Jungle Jims (formerly the sports complex) has done a nice job with their water park also. Not as big as splash mountain, but better than any of the other slides around.
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
It doesnt seem as busy as usual here, and there isnt too many familys around its more of people who wouldnt go to water parks if you know what I meen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gazisghost
Jun 27, 2013
180
206
120
Covington,VA
This park reminds me of our amusement park we had over on this side of the state called Lakeside. It was located in Salem, VA.
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
JewlzX2 said:
This park reminds me of our amusement park we had over on this side of the state called Lakeside. It was located in Salem, VA.

Why did it close? it seemed like a sweet park. JRs is very cheap when it comes to non water rides it is worse then your average fair. Almost all the rides are portable and are low quality. I wish they would expand the water park into the amusement area.
 
Jun 27, 2013
180
206
120
Covington,VA
Apollogeist said:
JewlzX2 said:
This park reminds me of our amusement park we had over on this side of the state called Lakeside. It was located in Salem, VA.

Why did it close? it seemed like a sweet park. JRs is very cheap when it comes to non water rides it is worse then your average fair. Almost all the rides are portable and are low quality. I wish they would expand the water park into the amusement area.


They closed it in the 80's because it was all the time getting flooded in the area that it was in. I use to go there a LOT for my birthday as a kid. MY VERY first coaster ride was the roller coaster at Lakeside. I closed my eyes the whole time scared to death. Of course I was just little then. My FAVORITE ride there was a rocket ride. You went into the rocket, and it was a simulator ride. I'd ride that thing over and over.
 
Aug 1, 2012
167
52
90
They added a new kids splash area and cleaned up around the lazy river, it feels a lot more open now and looks very nice. If you have been there it is where the bubble pool was in the middle of part of a loop of the lazy river.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad