Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Screamscape has posted the following in their Monday, January 18th news update:
"We’ve been told that the GM of Busch Gardens Williamsburg informed the park’s staff that they would be making some kind of new attraction announcement by the end of the month."
[From here]

Then, BGW posted this on their Facebook page:
"Just because the park is closed doesn’t mean we aren’t busy. The 2010 season is going to be our best yet!"
[From here]

UPDATE (1/22/2010):
BGW just posted the following to their Facebook page:
"Busch Gardens has plenty of new attractions planned for 2010, and we’re giving our Facebook fans special clues before anyone else. Over the next few days, we’ll be dropping hints so stay tuned … details are on the way."
[From here]

UPDATE (1/25/2010):
Another Facebook post:
"A new clue for you: If you’re familiar with this spot in our park, you now know one of the areas we’re updating in 2010."

Attachments

• 20645_264179908314_18543728314_3442533_2311743_n.jpg
    20645_264179908314_18543728314_3442533_2311743_n.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 5
RE: Announcement Coming In January

I've heard it could be this Wednesday.

I find it had to believe that this would be their BIG (a.k.a. BBW Replacement Project) announcement...

BGT hasn't even announced their 2011 project, so I find it hard to believe this would be the BBW replacement...unless............
Unless they are trying to push forward all their projects before Blackstone signs the final deal and puts the kabosh on the whole thing.

Well, considering they're opening in just under two months, now would be a good time to do it Can't wait to hear what it is.

This announcement will probably be regarding Everwyld.

"Flying" makes it sound like a roller coaster. I think it wont be anything big, they are most likely going to announce something smaller like a show or the concerts.

UPDATED THE FIRST POST.

I find it interesting that they say "plenty of new attractions planned for 2010"
Not one, not two, but "plenty"

Expect the announcement next Thursday or, more likely, Friday.

Replacement for Emerald Beat. New show for the festhaus. New HOS houses and shows, and Italian Christmas.
They will most likely announce that they are closing Corkscrew to update it.

yaytez said:
Replacement for Emerald Beat. New show for the festhaus. New HOS houses and shows, and Italian Christmas.
They will most likely announce that they are closing Corkscrew to update it.

Sounds like what I thought it would be.

re: corkscrew hill
I was told by staff that it was a HOS location for the 2009 season becouse they were updating the ride for 2010 season..

cschartz1 said:
re: corkscrew hill
I was told by staff that it was a HOS location for the 2009 season becouse they were updating the ride for 2010 season..

Well, hopefully they will still use it as an HOS maze even after it is updated.

Well, hopefully they will still use it as an HOS maze even after it is updated.
I hope they still use it as a maze because it worked out great and especially since it was opened before most other HoS attractions were open.

In my opinion, the fact that it opened so early was the best thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad