Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Well this is a doozy.

I've been told there was a height survey at BGW this morning. Judging by the photo I've seen, the balloon can't have possibly originated from the Festa Field area where the Project Madrid balloon test took place back in 2017. This balloon appears to have been flown from a point on the other side of the Rhine—seemingly somewhere in the vicinity of Festhaus Park.

As for height, it's incredibly hard to estimate. That said, the photo I have shows the balloon notably higher on the skyline than the top of Mach Tower.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

It's worth noting that this height survey is especially interesting when taken in the larger context of the Rhine River infrastructure work that was recently uncovered in the Project Madrid thread. Many people took that news as an indicator that large developments could be planned on both sides of the Rhine. This could be a further sign pointing in that direction.

I'll be the first to say it: Project 2022...?

It's worth noting that this height survey is especially interesting when taken in the larger context of the Rhine River infrastructure work that was recently uncovered in the Project Madrid thread. Many people took that news as an indicator that large developments could be planned on both sides of the Rhine. This could be a further sign pointing in that direction.

So... Foot bridge?

Reactions: Mamunia
I calling it now world record setting for height and speed confirmed opening 2022.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
I calling it now world record setting for height and speed confirmed opening 2022.
That would be nice BGW needs a record breaker. I can see 2020 being something good also for the 45th Anniversary & then 2022 get a new first of its kind record breaker. Why not get 2 coasters 2 years apart look at SWSD they got what 3 in a row I believe.

I wonder if it’s as tall as they tested across the river? Maybe they shifted location of a gigacoaster based on space.

Well this is a doozy.

I've been told there was a height survey at BGW this morning. Judging by the photo I've seen, the balloon can't have possibly originated from the Festa Field area where the Project Madrid balloon test took place back in 2017. This balloon appears to have been flown from a point on the other side of the Rhine—seemingly somewhere in the vicinity of Festhaus Park.

As for height, it's incredibly hard to estimate. That said, the photo I have shows the balloon notably higher on the skyline than the top of Mach Tower.

Well this is a doozy.
This balloon appears to have been flown from a point on the other side of the Rhine—seemingly somewhere in the vicinity of Festhaus Park.

somewhere in the vicinity of Festhaus Park.

WATER SLIDES!

Reactions: belsaas
There's only one explanation: They are building a replica of London's Tower Bridge. One tower on each side of the Rhine with the crossing in between. All the permits point to this being the true project, plus the Dippin Dots guy said it was hinted at in EitA too.

So this is a new project? Separate from Madrid?

Incredibly Confused
I’m as confused as you are. (Correct me if I’m wrong) As far as we know, there was a balloon test somewhere Over near Festhaus Park. We don’t know if it has anything to do with madrid or not. Only time will tell.

Reactions: ijerngvidsnvk
I’m as confused as you are. (Correct me if I’m wrong) As far as we know, there was a balloon test somewhere Over near Festhaus Park. We don’t know if it has anything to do with madrid or not. Only time will tell.
Playing the wait game with this will be interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad