Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 10, 2010
I saw this today. They are remodeling the "food & wine" building to put in a gelato station. This is the building in Italy that sold coffee & wine. They are also remodeling the display kitchen area by the restaurant. This is a really quick turn around job, start 2/20 complete 3/12, just in time for preview weekend. So I guess the real question is, what exactly is gelato?

Reactions: Zachary
Moved over to news. Thanks for posting Zoomy- don't know how I overlooked creating a thread for it.

Gelato looks intersting, but could it be too modern for the old Italian theme?

I hope they have a selection as good as the one at Cafe Gelato in Bellagio Las Vegas!

320365_10150358866251796_1181163_n.jpg

And they better have stracciatella and nocciola flavors!

Gelato has twice the sugar as American ice cream. I remember having some a while back and it is extremely sweet and delicious. It is sure to be a hit especially on those hot summer days.

Not really. It has about the same sugar.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrition-gelato-compared-ice-cream-2157.html

Well sure you can trust that, but it also depends on who is making it. Someone could make it with extra sugar :p Also, that was a line in an old-ish movie. I didn't expect it to be true or anything.

Party Rocker said:
Gelato has twice the sugar as American ice cream.

Not true at all!

I've had gelato all over this country and even in Italy and never had any sweeter than any Ben & Jerry's flavors.

The difference between the two is that gelato has a different churning process and has less fat than ice cream because it's made with more milk. Gelato is also a lot more dense than ice cream because it has less air added during this process. And because of this process this gives gelato a more robust and intense flavor than ice cream.

I thought we already discussed how wrong I was and I fully admitted to me being wrong in my previous post.

Party Rocker said:
I thought we already discussed how wrong I was and I fully admitted to me being wrong in my previous post.

I didn't see your post referencing the movie.

I recall a travel channel show saying that it has less sugar and fat than ice cream. Its much for healthy than Ice Cream and tastes better IMO. Can't remember the name of the show though...

Shane said:
I recall a travel channel show saying that it has less sugar and fat than ice cream. Its much for healthy than Ice Cream and tastes better IMO. Can't remember the name of the show though...

It definitely has less fat than regular ice cream. The less sugar factor is debatable.

This site explains the difference - http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2012/07/whats-the-difference-between-gelato-and-ice-cream.html

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad