Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
Island Nights is returning on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings 5-9 p.m. from June 13 through August 10th.

According to Busch Gardens Tampa's official blog "exotic birds and larger-than-life stilt walkers greet guests, and entertaining artisans and a steel drum band stroll throughout the park. Family-friendly DJs lead the party with games and music on the beach."

Adventure Island 1 year, 2 year or Platinum Pass members also get additional perks during Island Nights, including:

- at Mango Joe's after 5 p.m., get any two entrees and two desserts for only $20.00

- take 20% off your purchase at any snack location after 5 p.m.

- $10 off admission for accompanied family and friends (up to 6 guests)

Made it to Adventure Island for the first time a few Sundays ago for a few hours in the afternoon/evening.

We rolled in somewhere after 3 and were able to lay claim to a vacated lounge chair without too much trouble. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'd say when we got there it was still fairly busy.

The Island Nights stuff was just starting to set up when we got there, and started in earnest around 5 p.m. I didn't see any exotic birds or larger than life stilt-walkers as advertised in the mailer, but they did have a DJ doing a hula hoop contest, and at least two other performers set up at other spots (we didn't see them perform, however).

They also had roaming performers (Disney fans would call them Streetmosphere performers) who were playing "characters". We saw two pairs wandering around, one male/female duo in bright island/tropical threads, and another male/female duo who were more comedic, dressed up in over the top "touristy" beach clothing toting along at least half a dozen beach bags of stuff. They were really getting into the act, and it was amusing to watch their antics for a few minutes. The male of the duo was the same guy who I recently saw play the "nerdy tourist" role in Born to Rock at Busch Gardens.

We didn't take cameras, so no pictures, but wanted to share a little review of what I saw. It's a nice added little bit of entertainment to the park, and gives a reason to hang out later in the day.

Just a quick bump to note this is the last weekend for Island Nights 2013 at Adventure Island.

Just in case any of our members or guests on the forums stumble in here before Sunday, don't miss your chance to go if you've been putting it off!

Island Nights is returning to Adventure Island in 2014 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from June 12 through August 9.

From the park's website:

When the sun goes down, the fun heats up at Adventure Island during Island Nights every Thursday, Friday and Saturday during the summer months.

At Island Nights, DJs rev up the energy and street performers, stiltwalkers and live music keep the celebration going all night long.

The park is scheduled to remain open until 9 p.m. on those evenings.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad