Which Park Is Better?

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Geez man, a little thin skinned there eh? There's no reason to attack youhow over this.

I think the success that Universal has had over the harry potter world renovation speaks for itself.

Id have to say Disney is better just because walt disbney is one of my role models. He owned a theme park and invented Audio Animatronics!!!

Swiftman said:
pandorazboxx said:
I think the success that Universal has had over the harry potter world renovation speaks for itself.

Agreed.

You'd be surprised what marketing does. I can tell you that most of this whole Griffon craze is because of the advertising. Another example is Black Ops, which I feel is a step down from Modern Warfare 2, and even World at War. That doesn't stop millions of people from buying it though.

OK fine, I have bought two copies of it. But only for the zombies. And only cause I sold my Xbox for the Time being and I wanted to play zombies on my comp. Seriously, zombies is addictive.

Disney clearly wins when it comes to families with younger children. But what do you think that chances are that Tanisha and I will be going to Disney before we have kids. ZIPPY CHANCE!

Disney is really good at what it does as it should be. Disney was the first of its kind and definitely paved the way for the modern theme parks, but their core audience is children (and their parents). Universal has been able to see what Disney's done right and adapt it to an older audience. Visit Downtown Disney and CityWalk and the difference is clear.

My vote goes to Universal with acknowledgment of the role Disney has played in UO's successes.

I think Disney clearly does the theming better. Im sure Harry Potter is great, and Im planning on going next year. But when I go to Disney, I get a magical happy feeling. I don't get that at Universal..

I'm going to Disney in a few days. So I guess I can tell you if the theming is as good as y'all say. Universal isn't on the list of stops, but bgt is. I'm actually looking forward to Tampa more than Disney. I do want to check out Everest, but that will be a short moment out of many catered to younger children. Other than that, Disney has ToT, and rock n' rollercoaster. Pretty much a very short list. I'm sure the kids on the trip will like it though. It really is all about taste. It's like trying to compare Gladiator and Monsters Inc. One might be better than the other, but you can never pin down why.

pandorazboxx said:
Geez man, a little thin skinned there eh? There's no reason to attack youhow over this.

There is a love hate history there lol

Swiftman said:

If you get down to what Harry Potter world is you see it is nothing more than an elaborate village that is scaled down as you go higher. Disney mastered that yearrssssssss ago.

Chris said:
Disney clearly wins when it comes to families with younger children. But what do you think that chances are that Tanisha and I will be going to Disney before we have kids. ZIPPY CHANCE!

Disney is really good at what it does as it should be. Disney was the first of its kind and definitely paved the way for the modern theme parks, but their core audience is children (and their parents). Universal has been able to see what Disney's done right and adapt it to an older audience. Visit Downtown Disney and CityWalk and the difference is clear.

My vote goes to Universal with acknowledgment of the role Disney has played in UO's successes.

I think there is a lot of misconstrued words on saying Disney mainly appears to kids. I am 21 and still going there 2+ times a year. There is a lot more there for adults and couple without kids than people realize. Universal's success is now fueling Disney and there is nothing that can do about.... That makes me warm inside :heart:

Fur Dozy said:
I'm going to Disney in a few days. So I guess I can tell you if the theming is as good as y'all say. Universal isn't on the list of stops, but bgt is. I'm actually looking forward to Tampa more than Disney. I do want to check out Everest, but that will be a short moment out of many catered to younger children. Other than that, Disney has ToT, and rock n' rollercoaster. Pretty much a very short list. I'm sure the kids on the trip will like it though. It really is all about taste. It's like trying to compare Gladiator and Monsters Inc. One might be better than the other, but you can never pin down why.

Make sure you hit all the mountains in MK. I am guessing you have a hopper pass so hit AK early one morning and go RIGHT TO Kiliminjaro's Safari. The line gets rediculous as the day goes on and you'll see more animals in the morning hours. Make it a point to see the Car Stunt show in HS. Fast Pass Toy Story Mania in morning hours because that ride gets 130+ minute standby and fast passes are gone within an hour or so after park opening. Don't forget about Mission Space in EC, and that you do the Orange side. Orange side typically doesn't generate as long of a line as green as people are afraid of it when it really is not that bad. Test Track is nice if you have never done it before, it is a unique ride without a doubt.

I think one of the reasons why I enjoyed Universal more is because every time I've been to Universal, the lines are much more reasonable than Disney. Disney is just swarmed with kids and families, as like to call them, rubberneckers. They are overwhelmed by all the scenery, and Disney does do a good job at that. Another reason that I prefer Universal is that over the last decade they have made some stellar thrill rides (for a theme park) and technological innovations. Disney has responded by revamping their kids area, almost raising the white flag in the "teens and adults looking for a good thrill" category. Since Spiderman at IoA, Disney has redone Fantasyland twice. The only marquis thrill ride added at Disney recently was Expedition Everest, so for me, Universal is just more enjoyable.

Sorry bout the Triple post, My comp is died and was acting funny before it did. I have tons of viruses and I need to get it fixed... BSOD'd like 3 times in a row :'(...

Anyways...

Disney did negotiations with J.K Rowling for the rights to build a Harry potter attraction. Disney wasnt willing to do anything more than to build a ride that exits into a gift shop where you use wands to cast spells.... Like I said, alot of people Clearly undermine what Universal did with WWOHP and I dont understand why...

They took something from literature and Movies and built it into a real life attraction... They had almost nothing to work from aside from a few movie props... They designed cutsom merchandise that can only be bought there, they invented butterbeer, pumpkin juice... They even have made a custom Ale, all to match the books... Cauldron cakes, strawberry peanut butter ice cream etc... When is the last time Disney took something like that and turned it into something this immersive?
With Disney, and all they have done, you can only say I rode Splash mountain, I rode Snow white's Scary Adventures... For the first time in the history of Theme parks you can say someone has created something where you can say "I went to the place that only existed in this fictional book and ate this food that was also fictional, Then I took A tour of this fictional castle and shopped in this fictional store and bought this fictional item, and fictionally took apart in this coming of age custom(ollivanders) that was also fictional"... All fiction until someone recreated it and made it an actual place in real life... not just a show or a ride. This is why Disney lost the contract for the ride... They were not willing to go beyond what they always had done, making rides and shows... Universal went beyond what had ever been done before in a theme park and this is why I choose Universal... Because bar a few Disney rides I always feel like a spectator or like im apart of a show... Universal sets up a ride setting then puts you ride smack dab in the middle of a scenario.

Also In defending my ride quality choices. JAWS is still the only ride of its kind. One of few rides in existence to incorporate live acting and during said ride... It's a show that you are in the middle of that you actually take part in... Another thing Disney doesnt really do well...

The Mummy? You got to be joking if you think that ride is bad... The only disappointing thing about that ride is the fact that the "summoned" warriors aren't animatronic...

Also Jurassic park... A boat ride through Jurassic park gone wrong with some of the largest most regularly functioning*Cough* YETI *Cough* Animatronics ever done... Ever? And whilst I'll even say that most of them arent too Impressive (other than the fact that they are pretty freakin big, they are also continuously in contact with water) The T-REX is amazing and very life like... I've had nightmares of the boat getting stuck with the T-Rex right in your face screaming at you...

Youhow2 said:
Sorry bout the Triple post, My comp is died and was acting funny before it did. I have tons of viruses and I need to get it fixed... BSOD'd like 3 times in a row :'(...

Anyways...

Disney did negotiations with J.K Rowling for the rights to build a Harry potter attraction. Disney wasnt willing to do anything more than to build a ride that exits into a gift shop where you use wands to cast spells.... Like I said, alot of people Clearly undermine what Universal did with WWOHP and I dont understand why...

They took something from literature and Movies and built it into a real life attraction... They had almost nothing to work from aside from a few movie props... They designed cutsom merchandise that can only be bought there, they invented butterbeer, pumpkin juice... They even have made a custom Ale, all to match the books... Cauldron cakes, strawberry peanut butter ice cream etc... When is the last time Disney took something like that and turned it into something this immersive?
With Disney, and all they have done, you can only say I rode Splash mountain, I rode Snow white's Scary Adventures... For the first time in the history of Theme parks you can say someone has created something where you can say "I went to the place that only existed in this fictional book and ate this food that was also fictional, Then I took A tour of this fictional castle and shopped in this fictional store and bought this fictional item, and fictionally took apart in this coming of age custom(ollivanders) that was also fictional"... All fiction until someone recreated it and made it an actual place in real life... not just a show or a ride. This is why Disney lost the contract for the ride... They were not willing to go beyond what they always had done, making rides and shows... Universal went beyond what had ever been done before in a theme park and this is why I choose Universal... Because bar a few Disney rides I always feel like a spectator or like im apart of a show... Universal sets up a ride setting then puts you ride smack dab in the middle of a scenario.

Also In defending my ride quality choices. JAWS is still the only ride of its kind. One of few rides in existence to incorporate live acting and during said ride... It's a show that you are in the middle of that you actually take part in... Another thing Disney doesnt really do well...

The Mummy? You got to be joking if you think that ride is bad... The only disappointing thing about that ride is the fact that the "summoned" warriors aren't animatronic...

Also Jurassic park... A boat ride through Jurassic park gone wrong with some of the largest most regularly functioning*Cough* YETI *Cough* Animatronics ever done... Ever? And whilst I'll even say that most of them arent too Impressive (other than the fact that they are pretty freakin big, they are also continuously in contact with water) The T-REX is amazing and very life like... I've had nightmares of the boat getting stuck with the T-Rex right in your face screaming at you...

Once again you only mentioned one of the presented ideas. One... just one. Now for your homework I would like for you find the others and present them. If you find every one of them then you might be able to get extra credit.

Jaws has been nothing more than a financial burden with the over the top amount of maintenance and changes they have had to make do it. I mean it is a slapped together attraction that Universal had to bring in another company to finish. I really hope you aren't referring to the T red in the Jurassic ride at IoA because Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom has AA that kills that ride. Actually the times I have rode it half of them weren't even working.

You are joking right? JAWS had problems during opening and universal isnt at fault for those, the companies that designed them was. That'd be like blaming Busch for Griffon valleying on the first test run or something... Other than that I'd say for a ride of it's caliber it has nominal downtime...

Also my whole point, if you read carefully about the whole "WWOHP" thing was "When is the last time Disney or anybody for that matter put that much effort into an attraction"... I barely even scratch the surface of the magic of WWOHP. Those were just a few examples...

Also, After the whole entire "Dinosaur" thing CTE is rather bland to me... And like I said it feels fake... kinda like "oh there's that dino" "Oh look there's that one" I feel like im watching Sesame Street or something... I see that it's a 2, Count... Also i'd like to point out that JPRA is outside for the most part... Fancy lighting could make a bar of soap look like a scary realistic ghost. The fact that they have those animatronics that close to water (and some entirely submerged) constantly means they had to cut back on what they could do to water proof them. Anyways Universal has the Trike encounter and discover center... both which feature some pretty cool animatronic effects... Oh yeah did you know that Disney cut back alot on CTE? I mean it is exactly the same thing as the Indiana Jones adventure, except with time travel and Dinos... The track layout Is exactly the same. And since you bought up maintenance of rides since opening Disney cut back on alot of the effects on that ride since it's opening... It used to be a great ride. Oh and before bringing up the JPRA clones, my point here is that If they took the ride and designed it, even using the same ride system as its own ride, It could have been even better... But to cut cost down they limited themselves to what they could do by using a layout designed for an entirely different ride...

Also going into some of your other arguments...

Universal's Dining is some of the best ever... I mean how many times has mythos won best theme park restaurant? If you are an in park guest at any of the Hotels you get higher priorty seating at any of the restaurants, You dont need reservations and to plan every bit of your stay (especially if you are going with family) like you need to do at Disney... You dont need any means of excessive transportation to go to any of the theme parks. If you stay at a hotel you get a water taxi that takes you to the front of the park you are visiting each day, and you get in an hour early to IOA, you get passes to skip the majority of the lines during your stay. You can walk everywhere if you wanted...

The fantasy land expansion is a joke... they are adding two new rides over the course of 5 years and redecorating it. They are also tearing down one of the classic fantasy rides to do so... and one of them is another Omnimover... An outdated, inexpensive ride system that cannot compete with anything Universal has built in the longest....

Youhow2 said:
You dont need any means of excessive transportation to go to any of the theme parks. If you stay at a hotel you get a water taxi that takes you to the front of the park you are visiting each day, and you get in an hour early to IOA

Not that I am for or against anything you are saying, but there are Disney busses and at some hotels there are the monorails, you can even take a bus from the airport, so if you are doing a full Disney vacation you do not even need a car. As for getting in an hour early, Disney does have extra magic hours every day at one of the parks for guests staying in there hotels.

Well my point was more or less that you need to maybe take the bus or the monorail that may take you a while compared to the 5 minute water taxi...

Yes, for Disney... but for Universal It is all a matter to whether you are lazy or not. Everything is within walking distance (if you choose to do so) of both the parks and attractions...

Youhow2 said:
You are joking right? JAWS had problems during opening and universal isnt at fault for those, the companies that designed them was. That'd be like blaming Busch for Griffon valleying on the first test run or something... Other than that I'd say for a ride of it's caliber it has nominal downtime...

Also my whole point, if you read carefully about the whole "WWOHP" thing was "When is the last time Disney or anybody for that matter put that much effort into an attraction"... I barely even scratch the surface of the magic of WWOHP. Those were just a few examples...

Also, After the whole entire "Dinosaur" thing CTE is rather bland to me... And like I said it feels fake... kinda like "oh there's that dino" "Oh look there's that one" I feel like im watching Sesame Street or something... I see that it's a 2, Count... Also i'd like to point out that JPRA is outside for the most part... Fancy lighting could make a bar of soap look like a scary realistic ghost. The fact that they have those animatronics that close to water (and some entirely submerged) constantly means they had to cut back on what they could do to water proof them. Anyways Universal has the Trike encounter and discover center... both which feature some pretty cool animatronic effects... Oh yeah did you know that Disney cut back alot on CTE? I mean it is exactly the same thing as the Indiana Jones adventure, except with time travel and Dinos... The track layout Is exactly the same. And since you bought up maintenance of rides since opening Disney cut back on alot of the effects on that ride since it's opening... It used to be a great ride. Oh and before bringing up the JPRA clones, my point here is that If they took the ride and designed it, even using the same ride system as its own ride, It could have been even better... But to cut cost down they limited themselves to what they could do by using a layout designed for an entirely different ride...

Also going into some of your other arguments...

Universal's Dining is some of the best ever... I mean how many times has mythos won best theme park restaurant? If you are an in park guest at any of the Hotels you get higher priorty seating at any of the restaurants, You dont need reservations and to plan every bit of your stay (especially if you are going with family) like you need to do at Disney... You dont need any means of excessive transportation to go to any of the theme parks. If you stay at a hotel you get a water taxi that takes you to the front of the park you are visiting each day, and you get in an hour early to IOA, you get passes to skip the majority of the lines during your stay. You can walk everywhere if you wanted...

The fantasy land expansion is a joke... they are adding two new rides over the course of 5 years and redecorating it. They are also tearing down one of the classic fantasy rides to do so... and one of them is another Omnimover... An outdated, inexpensive ride system that cannot compete with anything Universal has built in the longest....

You need to do more research. If I didn't have so much Physics worth to do I would post an actual reply. Then again, you're taste and mine are different. I LOVE the atmosphere of Disney, every girl I have dated prefers going there, most say because Universal's rides are plain boring, jerky, and the place it filthy.

So you are basing your short reply off of the girls you've dated and the fact that you some how manage to generalize that everything they have is boring, jerky and "Filthy".

Lol. You and I must be going to completely different parks...

Youhow2 said:
everything they have is boring, jerky and "Filthy".

Sounds like you just described Universal. Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Spiderman. All horrendously brain rattling.

I've got to say that I prefer Universal over Disney. It doesn't really come down to theming, but the price you pay for entry and the crowd levels. I hate crowds.. and I hate visiting theme parks on the weekend because that's when they're the most crowded. Disney is also way out of my price range. We go to Disney once a year and do the 4 day FL resident pass because that's all we can afford. Disney passes are well over $400 for a year, offer little to no benefits, and that adds up when you're buying passes for 4. Universal's price is a lot more attractive at $219 for a Preferred Pass and the parks are a lot less crowded.. Islands, not so much these days, thanks to Potter.

It also comes down to the fact that I've got older kids. I've got a 9 year old and a 13 year old. My 13 year old could care less about Buzz Light Year, Stitch, Toy Story, or all the other rides out there. My 9 year old still loves Disney and always begs us to go, but in a few years she'll grow out of that because it's aimed at younger children. Sure, when I get older I'll still visit Disney. I went to Epcot a few weeks ago and drank around the world. It was a TON of fun, but I spent a butt load of money on alcohol (about $200), when I got just as faced at Universal for half the price at Citywalk.

I think if I had younger kids, a better paying job, and lived a lot closer to Orlando, I think I would pick Disney over Universal. Universal is a great theme park too.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad