Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Moving the EitA hatred and replacement here:

This is to discuss our ideas about what to do with Ireland since it's really just a filler area between Scotland/England and France.

If you ask me EitA makes a perfect spot for one of those "build your own flat ride experience" where you decide what the swing arms do and stuff and then ride it. Although capacity is going to totally suck because iirc there's only two seats per arm and those thing require a lot of maintenance. Since BGW is also banned from having a wooden roller coaster (Banshee would've been such a good name for one) I think a Euro-Fighter can fit in perfectly. Small footprint, very customizable and works really well with trees (see Falcon @ Duinrell)

Btw, reconsider your ideas for a Wing Rider at BGW. Six Flags signed an exclusivity contract for various elements in their X-Flight coaster @ Great America. Meaning BGW cannot use the keyhole element or the rollover-drop, and I believe one other element. Don't worry we could always get a smaller verision of Wild Eagle :D

Btw, reconsider your ideas for a Wing Rider at BGW. Six Flags signed an exclusivity contract for various elements in their X-Flight coaster @ Great America. Meaning BGW cannot use the keyhole element or the rollover-drop, and I believe one other element. Don't worry we could always get a smaller verision of Wild Eagle

How in the world did SF get exclusivity for a dive loop and extended heartline roll? Where'd this info come from? It seems kinda weird for SF to do that.

Even then I'm not really sure if BGW is the best fit for the next B&M Wing Coaster. Sea World San Antonio just got rid of one of their water rides, which frees up enough room for a decent-sized coaster. Maybe you could stick one in Festa (as part of a renovation/expansion) or in a potential new land (Spain), but that's about it. An Intamin Wingwalker could work as well, but I feel that could be a better fit for KD instead.

I never considered the park getting a Eurofighter, but that honestly sounds like a great idea and could definitely fit well in the Ireland area as a banshee-themed coaster. A spinning coaster could work as well to cover the 42" height void the park seems to have with their coasters.

why did busch get exclusivity for the dive machines? for marketing and uniqueness. Six flags also likes to clone their rides (see: flying coasters, inverts, and quite a few other things). so the fact that they enjoy cloning, and have exclusivity rights means they're going to be cloning x-flight, a lot.

I'm still not 100% sold on this "exclusivity contract" Busch had with B&M. I'm pretty sure if one existed, Busch would have to shell out millions of dollars to B&M each year for any potential lost sales. That millions of dollars could be put to better use (new coasters/rides, new shows, general improvements). If anything an exclusivity contract would only be limited to a small area of the country around the park and only last a few years.

Just because SF likes to clone stuff doesn't automatically give them an exclusivity contract to build certain elements.

Plus an exclusivity clause gives other companies the chance to jump on the bandwagon and push these elements further. An exclusivity clause with B&M won't stop Intamin from building a Wingwalker with a keyhole element/dive loop.

Plus an exclusivity clause gives other companies the chance to jump on the bandwagon and push these elements further. An exclusivity clause with B&M won't stop Intamin from building a Wingwalker with a keyhole element/dive loop.

I haven't seen anyone jump in with a Dive Machine of their own the size of Griffon or Sheikra. Of course there's the Fahrenheits and the Dare Devil Dives, but there hasn't been anything larger than 120 ft, and they're completely different than B&M. Intamin also hasn't had many sales with 4-wide trains (besides Skyrush the only thing that comes to my mind is Furious Baco) and S&S's 4-wide trains are only seen in China and Vekoma hasn't had much attention for their new 4-wide trains.

If any park wants to go that far out of their way for a keyhole element they're going to have to settle for companies who's models are only built sporadically or just aren't popular at all. Meanwhile B&M has built four in the last two years (going on six and possibly seven by 2013) and has had success so far with all four of them with riders.

I'm just going to say that Six Flags is doing this so that their rides stick out compared to everyone else. B&M really isn't losing much anyways because not every park needs a Dive Loop for the first drop or a keyhole (just look at Wild Eagle or Swarm), so the parks can easily make up for it by asking for a totally different layout or arrangement of elements. I mean there has to be a reason why no one else but Six Flags copied the living hell out of the B:TR layout over 10 years beyond fear of being "unoriginal" or anyone else has built flying coasters between 2002-2009 or even bothered with dive machines on the scale of Griffon or Sheikra.

Is there a coincidence that the last few stateside major B&M mega coasters have been built by CF?

I'm pretty sure many parks have considered Dive Machines, but there are better, cheaper options out there that can give more bang for their buck. DM's while fun, can't really do elements that a Eurofighter or Blitz with a lift can.

Swarm has a dive loop for a first drop. It's slightly different, but still largely the same.

I mean there has to be a reason why no one else but Six Flags copied the living hell out of the B:TR layout over 10 years beyond fear of being "unoriginal" or anyone else has built flying coasters between 2002-2009 or even bothered with dive machines on the scale of Griffon or Sheikra.

Easy... Theme parks undergo trends where things become popular and then eventually fall out of favor for the next big thing just like everything else.

Batman coasters are compact and deliver a lot of bang for their buck so they're easily clone-able. Flyers pretty much went the way of the stand up until Tatsu and even then, only two other B&M flyers and one Vekoma have sprung up since then. Like I said, DM's are pretty much overshadowed by other smaller coasters that can not only go beyond vertical, but are cheaper and can do more elements.

Back to Ireland before this gets too far off topic.

Has anyone ever tried the build your own coaster ride at disneyquest? you design the track and then ride it in a simulater . The ride is amazing and would be fun in ireland if it could somehow tie into ireland

Bringing this thread back from the dead, because I really think its a concept we could see become a reality quite soon.

We all know that the park is working on revamping its hamlets similar to the Oktoberfest revamp which spawned two major rides, a new show, a new restaurant, and a new overall look. I thin Ireland could be the next hamlet to be revamped, maybe not as large as the Oktoberfest revamp, but still a revamp,nonetheless. As I was reading old posts in the EITA thread, Zachary posted that the whole area between Scotland and France is in dire need of an anchor attraction. I think this is an excellent point. Think about it, there is no major attraction in the wild reserve and then there is EITA in Ireland which is a very unpopular attraction. Now this revamp would call for one new ride and a new show, with other smaller changes as well.

New Major ride: EITA's simulator system must be reaching at least 15 years old, if not 20 years old. Time for a new simulator system to be installed.The simulator will use the same technology that the Simpsons ride at Universals studios uses( Multiple stationary ride vehicles ascend into a large dome where a movie plays) This simulator will be called Corkscrew Hill's revenge. Sounds familiar right? Well don't worry, this'll be a brand new story! In the preshow, the Leprechaun dude will be all excited that your back for a new adventure!( maybe make a joke about France again). He will tell you that Those two Irish kids are all grown up now, but have been trapped by the evil Witch. So, it is your job to help their children Patrick and Sheamus get their Dads back(With the help of the Pooka of course :D). So then you enter the ride vehicle and ascend to the dome. Once there, you find the Pooka and the kids and you ascend to the castle. On the way to the castle, you fight goblins and stuff and then find that big freaky bird thing that works for the witch, you escape that thing and then dodge skeletons in the castle. then you find the witch, and are pushed over. you hang on the cliff and then the guys from the first ride push the witch over and rescue you. The pooka then takes you back to the town and then the guys thank you, and the leprechaun changes you back to normal life, and then the rides over.

New show: This will replace Dyne With Elmo, It will be called The Adventures of Patty the leprechaun. In this show you will help Patty the leprechaun get his Pot of Gold back from an evil goblin(More on this later when I get the Idea more fully fleshed out)

Other additions:

1: Replace Girls ShamROCK! with something that appeals to the interest of most people. maybe half clothes store half toy store?
2: Walking Street performers that tell old Irish stories.

Thoughts?

^I love the idea of Ireland being the next hamlet to get a total revamp...it really needs some love. However, the simulator things altogether seems a little tired. Sure, it would be great, but what about a new attraction type altogether to bring lots of people to the area (*cough*Sally dark ride*cough* - still working on that full fledged concept)?

As for Adventures of Patty the Leprechaun...sounds glittery...sounds like full-fledged magic and sparkles...sounds like a job for Scott! Seriously, though, that would be the perfect opportunity for them to return the area into its former being of a mystical little Irish village...not any old modern town dotted with shamrocks.

Nice concept, though (I love it when people revive dead threads)! :)

Reactions: Zachary
J0E1 said:
As for Adventures of Patty the Leprechaun...sounds glittery...sounds like full-fledged magic and sparkles...sounds like a job for Scott! Seriously, though, that would be the perfect opportunity for them to return the area into its former being of a mystical little Irish village...not any old modern town dotted with shamrocks.

As long as a more traditional Irish dance (Irish Thunder/Emerald Beat/Celtic Fyre-style) show stays in the Abbey Stone, I'd be up for a more mystical, glittery type show in Castle O'Sullivan. I bet Scott's team could pull it off quite nicely.

Zachary said:
J0E1 said:

As long as a more traditional Irish dance (Irish Thunder/Emerald Beat/Celtic Fyre-style) show stays in the Abbey Stone, I'd be up for a more mystical, glittery type show in Castle O'Sullivan. I bet Scott's team could pull it off quite nicely.
That is literally exactly how it should go! A more serious mystical show, then one showing off the magic of Irish mythology. In fact, that's pretty much what they had with Irish Thunder/Emerald Beat and Secrets of Castle o' Sullivan, if I'm correct (only Secrets was tied to reality with the auction story, while Thunder and Emerald were more mystical-feeling.) Seriously, any effort to bring Ireland back to its mystical, magical ways would make me do a little Irish jig for joy. That would mean that a little red monster and his ABC's, plus a cheaply-made jet plane over "Europe" are going to have to move out first, of course.

Ireland had it's revamp, like three years ago? They had a new show and a new ride. Then they wen to revamp Oktoberfest and bam stuff happened. Sure they will probably replace the show and the ride within the next few years, but I doubt they are going to make it seem like a big revamp. They will probably change the show one year, and then a year or two later change the ride ro vice versa.

Reactions: Mushroom
Why all the hate for Ireland? It's by far my favorite hamlet in the park! Of course EitA is awful, but that doesn't mean that the whole hamlet needs a revamp. No other hamlet really makes you feel like you're in Europe like Ireland!

As for the corkscrew hill Simpsons ride thing, although I would personally love it, it doesn't really make much sense. You would be missing out on the story big time if you haven't seen CH which means that the story would be lost on the GP. Also this type of ride wouldn't really be an E-ticket unless it had a recognizable licens and it would cost a ton of money.

Finally, it seems like a waste of space to put a simulator with a relatively small footprint in Ireland when Ireland borders the largest amount of easily usable land in the park. I'd rather see Ireland get a coaster or large dark ride and put a simulator in the animal reserve section of the park.

How great would it be to have a turtle trek type attraction about all of the animals BG helps (maybe focus on the European ones)

Just a thought.

Coaster, coaster, coaster.

In the area between England and Ireland, it kills two birds with one stone because it allows BGW to both get a brand new attraction for crowds, and Ireland/England to finally get a big ride. I think everyone will agree that EitA is not a big ride. To fully develop Ireland, it needs a coaster. Simple as that.

I've always though dueling wooden coasters between England and Ireland (The Banshee and the Ripper) - would be interesting and enjoyable. Especially since the boarding of the rides would be in two different countries.

However, having a ride in England opens up a whole new level of issues. Whoever works the ride in England would be there forever. That is, unless they stop people from getting in the line at closing instead of the 30 minute after closing rule for England as it stands now.

I think they could figure it out. My only concern is that we would already have an excellent building for a queue/show-room in Ireland. England does not. Maybe they could both run through the EITA/Corkscrew Hill building as part of a show element to complement each other with close encounters. Now all we need is a story. Hmmm...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad