Interior design

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
Saw no thread for this, figured home projects might be up with everyone home. So who’s your influence? What’s your muse? Is your place an island oasis, country living, modern farmhouse, or urban living?

For those that rent, what do you do to make it feel like home? Do you buy from one line, a predone room, or pick and chose? Whole place in one style or mix it up?

I’ll kick it off. I’ve always liked a more modern look but I hate how cold minimalist can be. So I’m the last 3 weeks I’ve purchased everything Magnolia I can. I’m going to make it into a modern farmhouse in the main living area, and take all my NYC decorative stuff and move it into the bedroom for an urban oasis feel since that’s what I like where I’m going to have my office.

Nov 24, 2009
Wait...what?!? I’m interested in how that happened.
Basically when we redid the bathroom we put beadboard up to about 5 foot, painted it the same shade of dark green they use in the bathrooms by check in and the River Roost, found granite that looks pretty close, fixtures, lights wall and cieling colors matched. Toped it off with a Larry Dotson framed print of the resort on the wall and a Alexa that plays Preservation Hall Jazz Band music softly most hours of the day.

Feb 14, 2019
Uh... My house is kind of old and I repainted the whole damn thing with a mix of blues and greens. But the furniture is an eclectic mix of things we got years ago for our last rental apartment, hand-me-downs, and a flourish of some new-to-us accent pieces.

Reactions: warfelg
Nov 24, 2009
@WDWRLD that sounds awesome! Did you do the work yourself or have someone else do it for you?
Yes, I did all the work. In fact I have completely rewired my whole house, new breaker panel, and even ran all new coax and network cables to all the tvs and wireless access points, repainted the whole house, installed new carpet throughout, new kitchen tile, poured concrete driveway, privacy fencing......not much I wont do. Im a controll freak and want it done right...if not overdone. Im even like that with my vehicles though...basically I only take it to a shop for a state inspection.

Reactions: warfelg
Mar 16, 2016
Yes, I did all the work. In fact I have completely rewired my whole house, new breaker panel, and even ran all new coax and network cables to all the tvs and wireless access points, repainted the whole house, installed new carpet throughout, new kitchen tile, poured concrete driveway, privacy fencing......not much I wont do. Im a controll freak and want it done right...if not overdone. Im even like that with my vehicles though...basically I only take it to a shop for a state inspection.
That's really awesome. I wish I had a house because I'm fascinated by stuff like that and would love to not only change things, but do the work myself. Living in apartments is rather depressing that way.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad