Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
This is the event at SeaWorld Orlando that allows guests to go behind the scenes to certain areas of the park for free and see how SeaWorld operates their park and exhibits, and how they deal with the animals that are in their care or that are rescued by them. Jack Hanna will also be there on January 25th and 26th.

This event runs in January, May, and November of 2020.

Personally I love this event, as it gives you a new perspective of the park and lets you learn that it's not all coasters and shows, behind the scenes its millions of dollars of infrastructure and an entire team that takes care of the animals and rescues, rehabs, and releases them.

Fun Facts I learned from Inside Look today(and through the event overall), this list will probably expand if I remember something I cant think of right now.

-Divers get up at 3am every morning to clean all the exhibits, tanks, and pipes(yes, they have pipes big enough for people to go into).
-The Walrus sometimes seen in the Sea Lion High show is 45 years old(somewhere around there at least), 15 years above the average wild life expectancy. It lives with the oldest sea lion and apparently get along pretty well together.
-SeaWorld Orlando has saved over 1 million bees. They only collect around 10-20 percent of the honey, and of which is used to treat wounds on an injured animal(like manatees and such).
-When the dolphin habitat at the Seas pavilion at EPCOT went under refurbishment a couple years ago, all of Disney's dolphins were moved and taken care of at SeaWorld until the refurbishment was complete.
-SeaWorld works really well with other animal facilities. A leopard shark is being transferred from Georgia Aquarium to SEALife(the attraction underneath the Orlando Eye.) In the process it is going through its mandatory quarantine period at SeaWorld at no charge.
-Sea Lions have certain themed names when they are born each year. This year the names are Star Wars themed, last year they were Game of Thrones themed.(and they have a baby sea lion born in 2018 called Thanos).
-The government tells SeaWorld what animals they can rescue and what animals they can release.
-The parks "main"(it was the biggest when the park opened in 1973, but even though it isnt anymore, the name stuck) water treatment plant can clean all 3,000,000 gallons of salt water it has in 4 hours.
-Some tubes that the sea lions play with were from Shamu's Happy Harbor, where Sesame Street is today.
-Most of the water treatment equipment for the Manta Aquarium is directly underneath Manta's station. You can even hear the ride above you when you are down there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad