Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
755FDC69-16E1-448D-8697-6F3C5A0C0CE9.jpeg

Official description:
When death is only the beginning, there’s no end to the scorching terror in sight. As the ground opens to the fiery torments of the dead, your only hope for escape is to journey further into this twisted domain. Descend deep into the pits of Lucifer’s lair to find your way out but beware-- the underworld’s demonic horde is yearning for you.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
This maze is fine. In fact, it is probably an improvement over Dystopia, despite being a dramatically less interesting concept. It isn‘t particularly innovative, but it wasn’t especially bad either. It is just a traditional jump-scare house with recycled Catacombs props that could easily have been designed a decade ago.

We thought on our first run-through that it might actually be based on the Seven Deadly Sins, but we could only identify lust, greed, and envy. After our lights-on walkthrough, however, we theorized it might be the Circles of Hell. Without actors, we couldn’t be really sure, though. Unfortunately, despite having obvious Hell decor, many of the rooms lacked unique elements. It was as if they installed the baseline sets, but hadn’t yet added the elements that would differentiate the rooms or link specific sections to anything other than being damned.

If, in fact, it is meant to represent the Circles of Hell, and if the team manages to convey that clearly (as they flesh out their roles), I actually think it could help offset the lack of narrative placemaking. Maybe there are still elements that the park plans to add to house, as well? Even just gates explaining which part of Hell you are entering.

Or maybe, it is just several rooms filled with demons and the damned and it will never really be more than meh.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Did anyone else feel like Inferno was largely just parts of catacombs placed in Pompeii?

I called it "Catacombs inside Dystopia" and I think that's a REALLY accurate description. There are some more original bits (the greed segment especially), but so much of it feels exactly like if Dystopia was redressed with Catacombs props and colors.

I'm intrigued by the prospect of all nine circles of hell potentially being represented, but no one is going to pick up on that. Even after a daytime walk-through, I'm still not even sure if I have it right. Normal guests who only see it at night have no chance.

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
Honestly I have 0 problem with that being the house. Sure I like a well done house, but I feel like I was one of the few who majorly adored Catacombs and I have been missing those sets like crazy. My favorite portion of Vault easily, and I still think the double sided bungee cages are a fantastic scare element.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Honestly I have 0 problem with that being the house. Sure I like a well done house, but I feel like I was one of the few who majorly adored Catacombs and I have been missing those sets like crazy. My favorite portion of Vault easily, and I still think the double sided bungee cages are a fantastic scare element.

I hate to say this, but prepare to be disappointed. The bungee cages are minimally used and horrendously placed.

I'm a passionate Catacombs fan as well, but Inferno is structured like Dystopia and just dressed like Catacombs.

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
That'll be enough to trigger my "ooo foam skulls" nostalgia. Of course I don't expect it to get anywhere near the coolness of the dark and tight hallways Catacombs provided but I'll take it.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad