Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 23, 2020
Hogan stated this afternoon Maryland will enter Phase 2 Friday June 5th at 5pm. He specified the next steps are to open outdoor amusements when schools let out in 2 weeks if we continue our downward trend in COVID-19 cases. This would setup Friday June 19th at 5pm as the date and time Maryland amusement parks can open.

If Six Flags America could get open then, they would have 2-4 weeks to showcase the park while Kings Dominion, Hershey, and Busch Gardens were all closed. If there were ever a time to really clean the place up and put on top notch operations to pull in competitors customers, this would be the time.

Have fun and good luck. I'm not going myself. Certainly not right away, probably not until next season. I wish they would extend season passes (not memberships) and add-ons through 2021 like CF did. I got passes and full dining plans. Sigh.

Crazy that they are opening before Virginia and Carolina parks when Maryland has been hit harder. The way states are reopening is so erratic!

Realistically, PG county where SFA is has been 2 weeks behind the rest of the state with how they enter the phases set by the state. So, while the state may be allowing them to open on the 19th the county may not allow them to open until July 3rd.

Reactions: Zachary
Yeah, I assume we'll see the seaside parks out in Ocean City move before Six Flags America. Trimper's Rides has been itching to open for a while now. Anyone heard anything from Jolly Roger?

Yeah, I assume we'll see the seaside parks out in Ocean City move before Six Flags America. Trimper's Rides has been itching to open for a while now. Anyone heard anything from Jolly Roger?
I’m actually in Ocean City right now, and I have yet to hear anything from Jolly Roger other than that they’re waiting to hear from the government as to when they get the green light to open

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
SFA is teasing a major announcement tomorrow on FB I am assuming that we will have a reopening date.

• Love
Reactions: Zachary
Just recieved the email they open to pass members ONLY July 1,2 and everyone July 3. You must make a reservation in advance.

• Love
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Reservation system worked like a charm! The early reservation period afforded to Diamond Elite members allows you to enter seemingly any party size you want so only one person in your reservation group needs a fancy pass for the early reservation access.

Look for coverage of COVID procedures and compliance at SFA on Wednesday the 1st of July and again on the 4th. ??

Reactions: Nicole and Brambo
Not working right now for my Gold pass which the site says should have been available after 3.

Update the app worked but the actual website didn't like the pass for some reason.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Looks like I could register if I wanted to, for July 3rd and on. We have Gold season passes (not memberships) - was I supposed to be able to register for the 1st or 2nd? Reservations appear to still be open for the July 4th weekend, so I'm not sure that many people are actually doing this, which could be good for those of you going. My wife is still very shaky on the idea of me and my son going and, well, so am I for now.

Actually, I tapped the Reservation button and the Captcha seems to be killing it. The page it takes me to jumps around and then it produces an error with it being unable to communicate with the captcha server. Hmm. Maybe that's why reservation are still open! I am trying this in the mobile app.

Looks like I can reserve via the website on computer. And i can pick July 1st or 2nd. So, for me, the mobile app is not working even though it has our gold season passes in it, but looks like the website will do the job if you are interested in doing so. And lots of times are still available all weekend for now at least.

Reactions: Nicole and r757chan
Sounds pretty good, but I have to say: 90% mask compliance doesn't seem high enough to me. I'd be looking for 99% minimum. I'm not joking there. 90% is 1 out of every 10 people not wearing a mask. That sounds terrible. It's even more disappointing that any park employees aren't wearing masks, even if it's just 1 or 2. That should be 0.

The biggest mask compliance issues were in queues and on rides. I think that correlation may be a clientele thing. Teens and young adults seemed to be the most willing to violate rules and there was a much higher ratio of those groups in queues and on coasters than on the paths. Families, by and large, seemed to be the most diligent rule-followers.

If I had to estimate, 90-ish% compliance on rides and in queues, 97% on paths and the like.

I will also say though that the only social distancing or mask enforcement I witnessed was on paths. The ride ops I encountered seemed entirely disinterested in telling people to keep their masks on—and both employees I saw breaking the rules were coaster ops—one of which was a supervisor who was not social distancing despite not having her mask on.

Overall, realistically, I’m not expecting 100% compliance, so I’m pretty happy with what I saw at SFA today. There is definitely some room for improvement here and there, but it is clear to me that the park is taking it seriously and, at least with today’s pass holder crowd, the message seems to be getting through.

Now, when I go back on the 4th, we’ll see how things actually hold up...

We're still debating getting SFA passes this year. Could someone with passes take a look to see what reservation availability is like? This weekend and also going forward.

We had already pitched BGW passes, so it's more money than we were thinking, and for an inferior park.... but it looks like it's either this or nothing.

But, if availability, especially on weekends stink, then it's a definite no-go. Also, what are the limits for the number of reservations you can have?

Thanks!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad