Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
We know it's coming back, so what do you think they'll change this year? Anything you really hope to see stay? Anything you just want to take a chainsaw to?

I really liked the parade in france, wish it was a little bit longer though. And I know a few of you didn't like the puppets for the shows in ireland or germany, but I guarantee the kids liked them. I appreciate the effort in Da Vinci's garden, but it's not really exciting or interesting enough to hold my attention more than a few minutes.

Da Vinci's garden was the best IMO. It was a nice simple little show. The parade was crap to me, and the puppets... meh. Fireworks were great though...

Fireworks were the best i've seen! I didnt get a chance to see frances parade but i would like to this year...I know im alone but i enjoyed Clocktoberfest...They should just ramp it up a little.

DaVincis was the best. Those girls were incredible. The puppets: ugh. The parade? ok. The giant cuckoo clock??? I think I'll throw myself off the bridge leading to Italy if it's back again this year :rolleyes:

The fireworks rocked! More would be even better, of course ;)

Same here, Shafor.

If I had my way, I'd say cut Clocktoberfest (everyone knows why) and add a street performance of some kind to Scotland. Scotland needs more love and it would make a semi-circle around the park (Festa, Scotland, Ireland, and then France).

I new i was alone with clocktoberfest...i think the reason i liked it was because of the special effects that went in to it.

New question, for those who are familiar with both, are Illuminights fireworks or Disney's fireworks better. Not counting the special displays(i.e. 4th of July).

I lean towards Busch on this matter. I actually left in the middle of the fireworks at disney, just cause they were really slow and I wanted to get out before the hoard that we all knew was coming. I still saw it all, but it wasn't that great.

Fur Dozy said:
New question, for those who are familiar with both, are Illuminights fireworks or Disney's fireworks better. Not counting the special displays(i.e. 4th of July).

I lean towards Busch on this matter. I actually left in the middle of the fireworks at disney, just cause they were really slow and I wanted to get out before the hoard that we all knew was coming. I still saw it all, but it wasn't that great.

Which display did you see? There are certain manners in how to watch the Disney shoes and certain angles that give the full affect to them. Was the crowd really that bad when you went?

I don't think any beats Disney on fireworks. The last time we were there (08) we watched the Magic Kingdom display from the top of the Contemporary Hotel, pretty spectacular. The Illuminations we got to see from one of the chartered boats, if you ever get a chance to do that it is an amazing vantage point. I love the fireworks at BG, but I just think Disney has a lot more resources to work with and no Kingsmill to worry about.

Zoomy said:
I don't think any beats Disney on fireworks. The last time we were there (08) we watched the Magic Kingdom display from the top of the Contemporary Hotel, pretty spectacular. The Illuminations we got to see from one of the chartered boats, if you ever get a chance to do that it is an amazing vantage point. I love the fireworks at BG, but I just think Disney has a lot more resources to work with and no Kingsmill to worry about.

Magic Kingdom's are only good from certain vantage points. If you are in the wrong place it is certainly nothing more than a jumble of fireworks.

Disney puts a "story" behind their fireworks and other special effects to make it unique.

Busch Gardens is top notch when you look at the construction and variation of the types of projectiles. I certainly rank the Illuminights display last year RIGHT up there.

I'm not sure which show I saw, but it was the one where they project pictures and stuff on the castle. I watched them from main street, and the finale I got a great view of from on the monorail around where the Polynesian Resort is (we were stopped and waiting for the station to clear ahead). There were never any more than a few fireworks in the sky at a time, and there weren't really any special ones, not even very good colors. Same goes relatively for the finale. Illuminights imo, was much better on any random day. The way they engulf you with fireworks from all directions is really smart. Also I felt that they were smart in making a somewhat short show, with a good amount of 'works, rather than make it standard length but use the same amount (which is what I feel Disney does).

The thing with Disney is that they do tons of "extras" that don't involve blowing money, literally. They put alot of work into the features that they can reuse, that way they can cut overall cost, and save it for the next show's capital investments.

All that put aside, Busch's actual fireworks are better.

Fur Dozy said:
I'm not sure which show I saw, but it was the one where they project pictures and stuff on the castle. I watched them from main street, and the finale I got a great view of from on the monorail around where the Polynesian Resort is (we were stopped and waiting for the station to clear ahead). There were never any more than a few fireworks in the sky at a time, and there weren't really any special ones, not even very good colors. Same goes relatively for the finale. Illuminights imo, was much better on any random day. The way they engulf you with fireworks from all directions is really smart. Also I felt that they were smart in making a somewhat short show, with a good amount of 'works, rather than make it standard length but use the same amount (which is what I feel Disney does).

The thing with Disney is that they do tons of "extras" that don't involve blowing money, literally. They put alot of work into the features that they can reuse, that way they can cut overall cost, and save it for the next show's capital investments.

All that put aside, Busch's actual fireworks are better.

Which was my exact point. Busch went all out strict fireworks and hit the nail on the head AMAZINGLY! It is the best strait firework show that I have seen yet. I think they will only improve this year which has me excited. I refused to be in the park slammed back for the 4th of July ones so now it is nightly is great. IMO a nightly firework show is a major step in the theme park world. BGW is WINNING

Take the story and theming out of what Disney has and it's nothing. The theming and story makes it. EPCOT's Reflection's of Earth is up there though, it kills the show that you saw (Magic Kingdom's Wishes). I wish you would have gotten a chance to see the RoE, they are really good. That is to be expected with Siemens funding the show.

I'll link a video of RoE and not embed so the thread does not become eaten up with it. Some of the elements that make the show (mortars firing from the bank line literally feet away from you to over the lagoon) can't be experienced in the video. The lasers coming from different countries around the lagoon are another to experience first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2MfXxO-jk

Did you get to see the show at Hollywood Studios, I think its called Phantasma. That is an awesome show too. The last time we went we planned and plotted for months for reservations and vantage points for all the shows, it worked out really well we had a great view for all of those shows.

Zoomy said:
Did you get to see the show at Hollywood Studios, I think its called Phantasma. That is an awesome show too. The last time we went we planned and plotted for months for reservations and vantage points for all the shows, it worked out really well we had a great view for all of those shows.

Fantasmic* It used to be a night/bi-nightly show but has been cut down to a few nights a week (ticks me off, which some might find hard to believe with me and Disney. Some of the key features have been cut out as well.) Still an out of this world show.

I would like to see BG modifing the Ireland show. The dialog could use some changes. I found it to be a bit too corny. I would like to see the France parade get longer. It was very good, just too short. I agree with the others, that Scotland/England should have some street performers.

In reference to BG verses Disney on fireworks. Disney (IMO) is better. The shows are longer and coordinated with music, especially Wishes, which uses "face" shells", red flares, white flares and colors syncronized to the music to set a mood. EPCOT is in a class by itself as that is more of a ground show. The illuminated globe is the central focus, not aerail displays. Fantasmic is a "water screen" performance, mixed with live puppets and actors. It is not an aerial fireworks display. It's not fair to compare EPCOT and Fantasmic to the Illuminights Finale. BG did an outstanding job for their first summer and I would like to see it continue. It kept me coming back almost every week.

I can't be completely happy until I know for certain that the Festhaus CooCoo Clock is deceased and resting in a leaky warehouse or methane hazed land fill. I actually like the parade and LOVE the acrobats. Haven't seen the Ireland show yet.

I usually aren't mesmerized by fireworks. At my one and only trip to Disney I got bored with their fireworks. Busch's fireworks were great on Fourth of July but any other showing after the first two or three was just an excuse to get in a shorter line for Darkastle or Loch Ness. Those fireworks likely are amazing, but I just don't get inspired by thousands of pounds of colorful explosives setting the black canvas of night on a fiery rampage.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad