Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 16, 2016
Yea, I can’t see Grizzly up next. Too much work has been done and it’s in a very empty part of the park. Where Anaconda is has a lot going on, and while it would be missed, there’s plenty around it to make up for it missing. I really think that Grizzly needs new trains more than continued retracking work.

Nov 30, 2018
I have a theory that they're going to pull Anaconda and swap in Flight Deck from CGA in the same spot
This would seem extremely complex considering new footers would have to be placed in the lake for a rather old ride that may not have significant service life yet.

Reactions: Ziva
Jan 30, 2022
This would seem extremely complex considering new footers would have to be placed in the lake for a rather old ride that may not have significant service life yet.
I agree it would take some engineering to pull it off, and I'm not sure about how long it's expected to be a viable ride, but it still rides like it's brand new. But if they're going to replace the Anaconda, they're goin to have to use some new footers/infrastructure regardless.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
I’m curious.
I might get some hate for this.
We have seen intamin dip their toes back into the inverted launch coaster category again. Could we see KD build another one to replace volcano and give it a jungle theme? If you’re curious, I’m referencing the Intamin Dueling Dragons in China.

Invert side of dueling dragons:

The reason I suggest this is because if it’s done right, with the intricate detail of Jungle X, it gives KD back an inverted coaster and says a big middle finger to bgw by making it launch. Plus, we know the significance of volcano and how it blasted you out of a volcano. They could do something similar and do like a small darkride section within a temple and then it blasts you out of the temple into an extensive layout with lots of footchoppers, lots of inversions, a midcourse for capacity, and even a second launch if they wanted it.

While yes I understand that CF/KD would be hesitant to add an Intamin, especially after the issues volcano had, I feel it would be a great addition. The newer intamins seem to have less issues than the older ones.

When wind doesn’t shut them down every 5 minutes.

I would love to see another Intamin invert..... I just really don't think CF is going to do it -- honestly, with the way things played out with Volcano's demise I wouldn't be surprised it Intamin wouldn't want to work with CF again on a new project.

Mar 16, 2016
I would love to see another Intamin invert..... I just really don't think CF is going to do it -- honestly, with the way things played out with Volcano's demise I wouldn't be surprised it Intamin wouldn't want to work with CF again on a new project.
And the Wicked Twister clones.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
And the Wicked Twister clones.
I'm not talking about the rides themselves. I'm talking about the drama in closing and the arguments that went on where CF was expecting Intamin to do stuff for free and then when they said no they backed out of the controls upgrade contract and demolished the ride. I think over the years all of those rides were a lot better than people give them credit for. They all certainly had numerous issues but you have to remember how bleeding edge they were not to mention they really were pretty stable for the majority of their lifespan.

Coasterguy95

Intimidator 305 enjoyer, I make yt vids, watch em!
Jul 6, 2022
www.youtube.com
I’m curious.
I might get some hate for this.
We have seen intamin dip their toes back into the inverted launch coaster category again. Could we see KD build another one to replace volcano and give it a jungle theme? If you’re curious, I’m referencing the Intamin Dueling Dragons in China.

Invert side of dueling dragons:

The reason I suggest this is because if it’s done right, with the intricate detail of Jungle X, it gives KD back an inverted coaster and says a big middle finger to bgw by making it launch. Plus, we know the significance of volcano and how it blasted you out of a volcano. They could do something similar and do like a small darkride section within a temple and then it blasts you out of the temple into an extensive layout with lots of footchoppers, lots of inversions, a midcourse for capacity, and even a second launch if they wanted it.

While yes I understand that CF/KD would be hesitant to add an Intamin, especially after the issues volcano had, I feel it would be a great addition. The newer intamins seem to have less issues than the older ones.

When wind doesn’t shut them down every 5 minutes.

This would be amazing but, i think cedar fair has a long while before they work with intamin again, I hope they do work together again eventually, they’d be a powerhouse. But that just aint happening for a while.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad