Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
ScoutN said:
Playstation does not count. I spot for two very prominent teams. You sir are beyond wrong. Only three tracks have major banking and the rest are very moderate to flat. Coasters near sideways recreate nothing in comparison to a race car.

PlayStation? You obviously know nothing about me...but that is okay because I am new around here. Raced everything from Rally America to Baja and from Legends to Pro Cup. However, if you spot for a prominent stock car team and think the majority of Sprint Cup tracks are below 15* in the corners...then that could be a problem for the team you work for.

studiopzp said:
Besides, unlike NASCAR, i305 makes a right turn. :p

Now that is a point I can't argue...lol

shb5007 said:
PlayStation? You obviously know nothing about me...but that is okay because I am new around here. Raced everything from Rally America to Baja and from Legends to Pro Cup. However, if you spot for a prominent stock car team and think the majority of Sprint Cup tracks are below 15* in the corners...then that could be a problem for the team you work for.

Now that is a point I can't argue...lol

Maybe iRacing is more suitable? I never said a Sprint Cup team. 15* was a number off my hip. 20-25* is the average with a good amount below 20*. That is significantly lower than any roller coaster banking. The mere fact you think i305 is relatively close to recreating anything similar to what a stock feels like instantly revokes any credibility your claim has.

ScoutN said:
Maybe iRacing is more suitable? I never said a Sprint Cup team. 15* was a number off my hip. 20-25* is the average with a good amount below 20*. That is significantly lower than any roller coaster banking. The mere fact you think i305 is relatively close to recreating anything similar to what a stock feels like instantly revokes any credibility your claim has.

iRacing is actually a pretty good tool to learn tracks. Also, I am done arguing as you are already back tracking from your previous statement. I have driven a stock car into a 20-25* turn at 175...heck you get a similar feeling at Concord or Bristol depending on what you are driving.

shb5007 said:
iRacing is actually a pretty good tool to learn tracks. Also, I am done arguing as you are already back tracking from your previous statement. I have driven a stock car into a 20-25* turn at 175...heck you get a similar feeling at Concord or Bristol depending on what you are driving.

Backtracking? lol.

I love I305. Great ride. Too intense for many. Understandable. Theming does not bother me. I'm not there for that. I go to BG for that.

Reactions: Ludwig II
Big_Al said:
Too intense for many.

This is what I don't understand. I don't find it anywhere near as intense as people make it out to be. Sure it's fast, but speed doesn't make something a good ride. Could someone please explain what about the ride makes you hold it in such a high regard? I can list out my favorite coasters and make a case for why I enjoy them- I've just never seen anyone do that for i305. Whenever someone talks down on it on other forums, people just seem to completely disregard their opinion. I must not be the only one missing something...

Swift, people find the turns fun. very few coaster change direction like that with sustained speed. kinda like shooting a snake run on a skateboard or bike after droping in. ride the banks hard and fast. so much fun... some skateboarders dont see the point unless you are getting air, but some guys just like to ride the run and have fun. for alot off people goodoaster =/= airtime only. its why i hate the b&m hypers. i love airtime but essentially they are all the samething with a ccouple varied turns. and on top of all this high speed tossed around turning action, you got one of the biggest drop around into one of the biggest, longest highspeed sustaained turns around.

Youhow2 said:
Swift, people find the turns fun. very few coaster change direction like that with sustained speed. kinda like shooting a snake run on a skateboard or bike after droping in. ride the banks hard and fast. so much fun... some skateboarders dont see the point unless you are getting air, but some guys just like to ride the run and have fun. for alot off people goodoaster =/= airtime only. its why i hate the b&m hypers. i love airtime but essentially they are all the samething with a ccouple varied turns. and on top of all this high speed tossed around turning action, you got one of the biggest drop around into one of the biggest, longest highspeed sustaained turns around.

Exactly. I don't how you overlook a 300 foot drop and an extremely tight banked turn at 95+ mph. Where else in the world can you get that? Not many places...

Swiftman said:
Big_Al said:
Too intense for many.

This is what I don't understand. I don't find it anywhere near as intense as people make it out to be. Sure it's fast, but speed doesn't make something a good ride. Could someone please explain what about the ride makes you hold it in such a high regard? I can list out my favorite coasters and make a case for why I enjoy them- I've just never seen anyone do that for i305. Whenever someone talks down on it on other forums, people just seem to completely disregard their opinion. I must not be the only one missing something...

Where else can you you get 4 seconds of sustained airtime in one shot? I know there are others that do this, but not around here. Sit in the back on I305 and that's what you get. Sit in the front and that floater air turns into ejector air for nearly as long. I LOVE AC. and you get good floater air on the first drop, but on I305 you are falling (Griffon style) and the car is just keeping up with you. You float/fall all the way down. I've always been a "First Drop" kind of rider and if that first drop is good enough, it trumps all for me. And for me I305's fist drop is that good. The lift is so fast that in the back, you even catch a little air cresting the lift hill.

The reason negative opinions are often disregarded on enthusiast forums has more to do with different rider personality types. If you don't like the feeling past pleasurable floater air to ejector air, then you never will get that. Some of us LIKE the feeling that we were on this barely in control speed demon and if you are not someone who does, then there is NO WAY you can be convinced it is fun, so why bother.

Also, much like Disney Fans are accused of, there can be a percieved bit of Park Snobbery. Whether intended or not, it often comes accross that way. Like nothing KD has could possibly compare to anything BG has. Like it is just a ludicrous thought. As if anything at BG gets bounus points just for being there and anything anywhere short of Disney or Universal gets demerits for being where they are.

I don't think this is intentional most of the time and I'm not saying you are engaging in this, but it is a perception and probably more of a problem of KD fans over reacting to a percieved slight by the snooty "Private School" kids, as they see them.

How do you enumerate a feeling? I get off i305 and I feel jacked up and full of adrenaline. I get some of that on other coasters, like AC or Griffon. But not to the extent I do on 305. That is too much for some folks.

I saw you say you were "Bored" on the backside of 305. I just don't get that statement at all. The whole ride cycle is less than a minute. How A.D.D. do you have to be after coming off of that first drop and that airtime hill to have that negated by what you percieve to be a less than thilling back half? I'll be honest, that airtime hill is so good, that usually that is ALL I can think about the rest of the ride.

I could go on I suppose, but really, I don't see the point. Coasters in generall are a loosing proposition to argue about on the internet. I like coasters. You like coasters. We just like different ones for different reasons. Let's leave it at that.

I like twists, I like big drops, I like curves, etc. I like all the elements of I305, just not all crammed on top of one another as they are. It's the relentless pacing that makes me bored and annoyed. It's like watching a horror movie where the creepy music never stops and nothing ever really happens. There's never a little "ah" moment where you have a second to anticipate the next element. It's just BOOM, BOOM, BAM, WHACK, done.

Robbie said:
I like twists, I like big drops, I like curves, etc. I like all the elements of I305, just not all crammed on top of one another as they are. It's the relentless pacing that makes me bored and annoyed. It's like watching a horror movie where the creepy music never stops and nothing ever really happens. There's never a little "ah" moment where you have a second to anticipate the next element. It's just BOOM, BOOM, BAM, WHACK, done.

IE - Too intense for some people. I get it. I just don't personally need the ahh moments. I have plenty of time to contemplate before and after I ride. But again, it's just a preference. For some people the perfect Sundae has every topping and for some people that ruins the Sundae altogether.

Stopped at KD on the way home today and rode Volcano (once) and i305 (twice) quick.

I still believe i305 is for sure a top 4 steel coaster in the United States and the 3rd best steel coaster I have personally been on (behind Bizarro and MF).

I rode Bizarro at SFNE yesterday, I305 is no longer my number 1, it is not number 2. But I still love the thing.

Personally I don't see the hype with Millennium Force... I rode it twice in the front and back and I can say I felt no force in the ride; no lat-G's or air time. From seeing the i305 vid of Alvey getting his ass kicked in the twists I hope i305 is as smooth as glass when I ride it in the next few weeks.

Millennium FARCE is a pretty tame ride. I love the drop but it pretty much glides through the rest of the course at a fast speed. I like I305 much better.

What's special about MF is the fact that isn't anything really WRONG with the ride. It's high. fast. fun. and just quintessentially a rollercoaster. It's by no means very polarizing, hence why it wins year after year

All 3 rides (I305, MF, and Bizarro) are great coasters.

All 3 are near the top of my list and superior to any BG park coasters.

CarterGee said:
What's special about MF is the fact that isn't anything really WRONG with the ride.

After that great first drop it has a very uninspired and boring layout. The ride has almost 6,600-feet of track and has only 5 significant elevation changes. That in itself is wrong! :p

shb5007 said:

That's a matter of opinion, I rank Magnum and every B&M hyper I've been on ahead of MF. From what I see about i305 is that it isn't even close in resemblance to MF and is basically a totally different coaster.

B-Mac said:
shb5007 said:

That's a matter of opinion, I rank Magnum and every B&M hyper I've been on ahead of MF. From what I see about i305 is that it isn't even close in resemblance to MF and is basically a totally different coaster.

Well of course everything comes down to opinion. However, that is my opinion and it happens to agree with the majority of roller coaster enthusiasts.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad