Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Feb 3, 2019
I understand this is only vaguely related to the park (i.e. for those that drive 64 to the park)...

But I thought it too shocking not to share.

A subcontractor was faking video inspections of runoff drains they installed!

Nov 24, 2009
Just think, if they were requiring them to take video at some point before they must have been untrustworthy for them to have that requirement.

Nov 24, 2009
I feel like a outside verification of work done would be understandable for certain things, like nuclear piping on a ship. But if a company cant install a drainage pipe for stormwater without someone checking their homework maybe we need a better company.

Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
Storm water lines are required to be TV’ed at the end of construction these days. The TV inspection checks to make sure the pipes are clean, pipe joints are joined properly and connections into structures are sealed. If they are not sealed or joined properly, water will wash out around them causing cave ins and/or sink holes. Most jurisdictions state and locals are requiring this now

Reactions: Alf33 and Nicole
Nov 24, 2009
Are the ones that there are talking about on 64 a stormwater system or are they just the pipes that drain into the center or the roadway between the east and west bound lanes? I assumed it was just the weeping type drains under the roadway.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
The article states that the pipes are meant to carry water away from foundations and aren't visible from the roadway.

It was a bit confusing since in one paragraph it sounded like this would cost taxpayers and would require some sections to be rebuilt, but in the next they said this won't cost taxpayers and they won't be rebuilding to fix any issues found. Though I probably misread all of that.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Feb 3, 2019
The article states that the pipes are meant to carry water away from foundations and aren't visible from the roadway.

It was a bit confusing since in one paragraph it sounded like this would cost taxpayers and would require some sections to be rebuilt, but in the next they said this won't cost taxpayers and they won't be rebuilding to fix any issues found. Though I probably misread all of that.

The way I read it is that they have withheld the payment that was owed to the subcontractor.

The reinspection and any fixes will be paid for out of that withheld money.

If there are major issues; this may exceed the amount owed to the sub.

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Based on the current condition it looks like 64 east bound will be 3 lanes from just before the Lightfoot exit on in the next day or two. 64 west still remains in the same condition that it's been in for the last few months

Login or Register to Hide This Ad