Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Honestly I’m not even sure why this poll is being conducted so early.

Anyway, I’m voting for KD Haunt....

Reactions: DJTLG
If you’re a home owner, building permits for small projects don’t make sense. If you’re a corporation, building permits are vital to ensure safe operations and to minimize risk and liability.
I have seen some electrical fires that would disagree with you.

Kids, leave the sparks to the pros. Just saying.

From what I can tell, not a lot is new this year purely on the fact that a lot of that budget is going to Pantheon. That being said, with a new attraction next year, be sure to see something else spring up for the haunts much like we did for Invadr. (I personally have been BEGGING for a Gods area at some point, with them being the high light and then victims of their powers running around scaring people like mad)

I am actually relieved to know not a lot of new is coming, sometimes it is nice to have things repeat and not have to be new each year. Take in the fact that, we sell out and hit capacity most nights so a lot of people miss out on the houses because of the lines. So, this gives a chance for out of towners to see all of what we have to offer, and gives a chance for returning actors to be familiar with the area and bring in new energy with new cast mates. Don't get me wrong, you guys on here are great but I am sure most of you are locals or at the very least pass holders who come to the park every other weekend for the event so you are a tough crowd to please x.x I wish we could amp things up and get super spoopy for you but a lot has to deal with the fact that the park still has to save face for being family friendly even if we advertise "Hey leave you kids at home, it isn't nice here after dark!" because guests have every right -not- to listen, bring their kids and then complain.

I am curious though to see what you all mean by "more scary"? Like, we have limited resources for make up and gore as not only is that time for artists to do that for us, but also the supplies and the art rights for the design we have to get, so not much can really be done by the aesthetics of the spook. We can't curse, or threaten people (to a certain extent), so we really only have jump scares and eerie feelings we can try for by being super creepy. I haven't really been around to other big haunts, just the small stuff locally and they do all the same things we do except they get to like poke shoulders and grab arms occasionally. I for one would love to see some of the older decor out and more of the park covered, which could hype the event up a bit. But yeah, any input would be great as the actors are always looking for how to improve in the ways we have available to us.

As far as what I have heard, it isn't so much an issue of the park passing up on potential candidates as it is not enough people coming out to be a scare actor

Last edited:
I am actually relieved to know not a lot of new is coming, sometimes it is nice to have things repeat and not have to be new each year. Take in the fact that, we sell out and hit capacity most nights so a lot of people miss out on the houses because of the lines. So, this gives a chance for out of towners to see all of what we have to offer, and gives a chance for returning actors to be familiar with the area and bring in new energy with new cast mates. Don't get me wrong, you guys on here are great but I am sure most of you are locals or at the very least pass holders who come to the park every other weekend for the event so you are a tough crowd to please x.x I wish we could amp things up and get super spoopy for you but a lot has to deal with the fact that the park still has to save face for being family friendly even if we advertise "Hey leave you kids at home, it isn't nice here after dark!" because guests have every right -not- to listen, bring their kids and then complain.

I am curious though to see what you all mean by "more scary"? Like, we have limited resources for make up and gore as not only is that time for artists to do that for us, but also the supplies and the art rights for the design we have to get, so not much can really be done by the aesthetics of the spook. We can't curse, or threaten people (to a certain extent), so we really only have jump scares and eerie feelings we can try for by being super creepy. I haven't really been around to other big haunts, just the small stuff locally and they do all the same things we do except they get to like poke shoulders and grab arms occasionally. I for one would love to see some of the older decor out and more of the park covered, which could hype the event up a bit. But yeah, any input would be great as the actors are always looking for how to improve in the ways we have available to us.
That's the thing, last year and possibly the year before (I don't remember exactly, so I could be wrong.) the park got crowded, but it didn't hit capacity. After years of hitting capacity it finally stopped. I'm sure it prolly depends on this year too to decide whether something should be done or if it was a bad year(s). But, giving actors familiarity is something the park should be doing BEFORE the event starts. You should have the houses done before the event and let the actors walk through and familiarize themselves with the house. You should allow them to look in the rooms and find their hiding places and things to interact with, and they're either finishing the houses too late, because we don't have permanent spaces unlike KD, or they aren't training their actors to use their environment properly. (Or in the case of Frostbite, giving them absolutely nothing to work with.) They aren't using their environment to the fullest. Hell the actors are just standing there in the open grunting or moaning. And honestly that's where I have more of an issue beyond repeat houses/scarezones. The actors don't move. And they just grunt. That's not even a jump scare, it's just laziness. Whether that comes from the Park's lack of environment or the actors just giving up is to be decided. But it's an issue.

Honestly with the whole kids thing, that's on BGW. Instead of reminding people that "we said it'd be scary and not recommended for kids under this age" they cave and listen to the few. I realize families bring in more money than adults do, but other parks can seem to manage the whole kid friendly thing during the day and make the switch at night, without the use of a hard ticket. Idk why it's hard for BGW.

From what I can tell, not a lot is new this year purely on the fact that a lot of that budget is going to Pantheon. That being said, with a new attraction next year, be sure to see something else spring up for the haunts much like we did for Invadr. (I personally have been BEGGING for a Gods area at some point, with them being the high light and then victims of their powers running around scaring people like mad)

I think it's patently false to say that the budget for HOS was cut to pay for Pantheon. In the past when a new ride was built it was an addition to what was currently budgeted for the park and the departments. It's more likely that Entertainment opted to use their annual budget in a way that cut some money from HOS than the entertainment budget was cut due to Pantheon.

On another note the park absolutely could say we told you it was too scary for kids and just leave it at that. They already announce it all day and it's included in the marketing and the website. People are certainly within their rights to ignore that and bring their kids but they aren't within their rights to commission about it.

That's the thing, last year and possibly the year before (I don't remember exactly, so I could be wrong.) the park got crowded, but it didn't hit capacity. After years of hitting capacity it finally stopped.

Honestly with the whole kids thing, that's on BGW. Instead of reminding people that "we said it'd be scary and not recommended for kids under this age" they cave and listen to the few. I realize families bring in more money than adults do, but other parks can seem to manage the whole kid friendly thing during the day and make the switch at night, without the use of a hard ticket. Idk why it's hard for BGW.

So I'm not sure what you are basing that statement off of but I can say that BGW broke the attendance record for the park and then rebroke it again multiple times during HOS lasy year.

Also I completely agree as listed above that the park should not be caving to the few that decide to ignore the warnings. Although I'm not sure that they do as much as you think. HOS is not marketed as a family event. They have that during the day with the Count's Spook-tacular. HOS is an adult event. And adults spend a lot of money on alcohol during it. So if they bring their kids they are likely spending less than they do without kids on Alcohol.

While I do miss the “scary” feel of Busch, I do always tend to have a good time at the event regardless of the lackluster theming or scares. I always love to people watch, and the GP still get scared shitless tbh. Have a few beers and sit back and have a good time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad