Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Serious question- why does the park need permits to make changes to their own mazes?

Probably some sort of building code thing - similar but different is when doing small jobs around your house like replacing an exterior railing or building a fence of a certain height will require building permits.

I get that for the outdoor mazes, but what about the ones that are entirely indoors?

I get that for the outdoor mazes, but what about the ones that are entirely indoors?

Same deal, likely. Big thing about permits is it gives the issuing authorities a heads up about what's there including the ability to determine if both the plans are considered safe for use and if the resulting project was built to the plans.

Hence why there's usually some kind of inspection process, even if it's not always applied.

If you’re a home owner, building permits for small projects don’t make sense. If you’re a corporation, building permits are vital to ensure safe operations and to minimize risk and liability.

Reactions: tursiops
If you’re a home owner, building permits for small projects don’t make sense. If you’re a corporation, building permits are vital to ensure safe operations and to minimize risk and liability.

Code is still code - if I built my fence an inch higher I would have needed a permit, no matter who actually swung a hammer. City makes up some of the rules and can inspect, though I'm not sure if state or federal could also have a hand in it.

And I remember at least in my home inspection when buying my house, I was told if permits were pulled and what may have to be renovated if we were not comfortable with it possibly not being up to code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
Code is still code - if I built my fence an inch higher I would have needed a permit, no matter who actually swung a hammer. City makes up some of the rules and can inspect, though I'm not sure if state or federal could also have a hand in it.

And I remember at least in my home inspection when buying my house, I was told if permits were pulled and what may have to be renovated if we were not comfortable with it possibly not being up to code.
This is all true. That said many home owners might not feel the need to pull permits even if they are required. This is not a shortcut that corporations can get away with.

P.S. I am not commenting on whether or not a home owner should or should not pull permits for any given project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonesta6
The likelyhood of BGW adding a new house seems very low now that the permits have been filed. Sad day. I was hopeful

I saw somebody posted a picture of the grim reaper you see holding the howl-o-scream logo with days ,I just cannot tell if it’s currently standing or if it’s from last year.

I saw somebody posted a picture of the grim reaper you see holding the howl-o-scream logo with days ,I just cannot tell if it’s currently standing or if it’s from last year.
The Reaper was located as of Friday in the employee lot to the back left by Busch Rd and is visible from the first drop on Griffon.

Weird random OT question but last year we went to HOS the second weekend and the park closed at 10pm on Saturday. However, when we were leaving all the coasters were still running and the car traffic to get in was around the curve all the way back to the main road. This was about 10:30pm.

Was there a special event going on? This would have been on Saturday the 22nd.

Serious question- why does the park need permits to make changes to their own mazes?
They need to pull permits whenever doing work, although there may be no structural work being done they may move partition wall or something that would require things like exit signs or exit lights to me added or moved, sprinkler heads moved or added and that props do not block any of those said items or their function.

It's not a fantastic show by all means. I personally believe it is carried by the talent. And it bugs me that the best talent gets out there to carry it. But I guess with Stomp and NB being the only theatrical acts, more talent to go around.

Weird random OT question but last year we went to HOS the second weekend and the park closed at 10pm on Saturday. However, when we were leaving all the coasters were still running and the car traffic to get in was around the curve all the way back to the main road. This was about 10:30pm.

Was there a special event going on? This would have been on Saturday the 22nd.

Dunno if this was something they could do, but a fall camping trip in Reaper's Hollow?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad