Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I had two crying children in front of my group at FrostBite. The staff were monitoring the situation and finally whisked them and their parents away during the preshow. I don't know what they did from there, but I would be curious to know.

I swear I thought these poor children were sound effects at first, due to how loud they were. I was amazed that the staff let it get that far, but it was obvious that they were all afraid to approach them alone. The preshow sequence didn't go all the way through to avoid creating more trouble.
The monster didn't jump out of the coffin.

Vampire Point is a fucking joke at this point. It is beyond stupid and NEEDS to be addressed ASAP.

This year, they announced Vampire Point was being extended from where it usually is to also include all the way to the entrance of FrostBite. This should more than double the size of the terror-tory, and essentially all of Germany becomes the zone for scaring.

What sucks so bad is there were only lie maybe three vampires and they were all in the exit and entrance queue areas for FrostBite, effectively staying off the pathway.

So now you have a terror-tory with next to no additional theming/decorations, and you can also add in next to no characters where they really should be.

:( Going for the first time this friday to Howl-O-scream. Thanks for such uplifting reviews lol!

My expectations are going to be crazy low

I hope the decor and theming at least matches christmas time at busch

Reactions: jornor and Youhow2
BGWScream said:
In the future, would it hurt to cut down the shows and use those performers for the houses/terrortories?

Show performers are very different from scare actors. Their talents and abilities shouldn't be mistakenly grouped together just because they are performers.

The only thing you would save by cutting a show, is money. The real problem is getting people to work as a scare actor.

My opening weekend review, also beware of spoilers,

Monster Stomp on Ripper Row, has changed slightly in the routines for the skeletons and coffin bangers, and no pre-show interaction. Otherwise, same as previous years, still good.

Ripper Row, had a decent amount of acre actors, but more couldn't hurt, still good.

Fiends, had changed a bit more. New references to Taylor Swift, Hordor, etc, a new intro bit into eye of the tiger which isn't terrible, but I could also do without, still good.

Unearthed, the design has changed slightly, I noticed some holes in actors, but seemingly enough actors, it's alright.

Catacombs, the design is good except for the ceiling, not sure what it is this year, but if you look up you see the big open space and it just kills the feeling, they should bring back the black tarp roof at least, light from outside also leaked into the room lighting up the ceiling considerably, even at night, but the scare were good, actors were there, it's good.

Demon Street, I heard the chainsaws but didn't see many actors, decent I guess.

Axe Ally, is just wendigo woods but with vikings and less sounds/lights/atmosphere, not many actors, using InvadRs rock bags were cool, decent I guess.

Vampire Point, doesn't exist anymore. Just three actors either in line for FrostBite or at the exit, extremely terrible and stupid.

FrostBite, some holes were covered up, but the setup still feels a bit jarring, like having a half amazing set and half wishy washy set, some of the visuals are awesome, others are so so, there were some actors there, the ones that were there were good, definitely can use more people, it was just decent.

Cornered, the new design was good, felt more like going through a cornfield than waling through a parking lot, actors were there with limited scares, most could be replaced with animatronic figures or statues and have the same effect, hated the ending, I liked the idea of getting lost and having multiple paths through the last room, now its one straight clear path, it's okay though.

Night Beats Revamped, the show felt long but short too, don't like that there are so many pop hits, but at least their isolated to just this one show, the set looks cool, it's okay.

Lumberhack, reversed layout, the first bit going in was stupid, no actors just a bunch of netting and someone knocking on the floor, but still through the rest of the house there were actors all over, had the most energy and excitement, it's really good.

Circo Sinistro, nothing new, same as last year in every way, had many multiple actors in groups, many actors didn't have a costume, just black clothes and face paint, outside of that, the house was pretty good still, scares are there, it's really good.

Sideshow Streetshow, some of the characters changed, no more marionettes, which is fine, the scares are still there as last year, and it is still fun to watch, could use a few more actors, best scare actors ever, it's really good.

Deadline, nothing new, same as last year, actors were spread out and about, some scares were there, it's okay.

Overall, the terror-tories this year are in dire need of scare actors, and MAJOR help, they all wouldn't be bad if they just had more people, except for Vampire Point which needs a more than just help.

Shows, were all slightly to greatly improved and were all good.

Houses, have changed slightly, they had actors, but could use more definitely, some design issues, not many, but overall they are at least okay somewhat, most of them being good.

Nicole said:
Have you considered going to Kings Dominion instead?

LOL, Haunt even added live mob fighting/mass chaos near Cleaver Brothers on Saturday. I hope to get to HoS this Sunday with my buddy to check it out after going to Haunt on Friday.

Reactions: jornor and Nicole
So sad about this lol. Can't change my hotel reservation at all, I will lose money. So I am stuck with busch gardens for 2 days. I hope the shows and the new wooden coaster will make the difference even if HOS is lackluster.

I am hoping the outside décor is good at least.

Reactions: jornor
I go to BGW and KD halloween events every year, always busch 1st and man on man when i got to KD it,s just an incredibly different expierence. I remember last year having quick queue at KD and went through Zombie High with just me and my girlfriend near us. What an incredible expierence that was, they seem to be allowed to move anywhere they want through the mazes and do whatever that want there unlike PG BGW where they are glued in place. The only houses i have ever enjoyed at BGW was last laugh endustries, catacombs, and masquerage. Masquerage never failed to scare me with the random fan whips. I miss that house so much. Deadline was cool the 1st year that was it. I'm a sucker for chainsaws and will sit in demon street for an hour just watching people scream and run from them. I think every park should do something with chainsaws.

kenmasters675 said:
So sad about this lol. Can't change my hotel reservation at all, I will lose money. So I am stuck with busch gardens for 2 days. I hope the shows and the new wooden coaster will make the difference even if HOS is lackluster.

I am hoping the outside décor is good at least.

I'm sorry your impression is so poor prior to even attending the event. Please know that the reviews on this forum are personal opinions only. The truth is you don't know what kind of experience you're going to have until you have it. It could be terrifying for you personally or really fun for a variety of reasons. But I will say that going into it thinking you're going to be disappointed will certainly help you to be exactly that.

I hope you have a great time and that you and everyone with you get as scared/thrilled as you'd ever hope to be. Happy Halloween!

I really wish for BGW HOS could drop the "family friendly" atmosphere and make it an actual Scare event. It would benefit everyone for it to be a separate ticket event, and let the Scare Actors do the job they want, and not the job they are told to do. Especially when stroller rollers ruin it for everyone screaming at the actors not to scare their kids because "they deserve to have fun too." It doesn't look like little johnny is having a good time crying his life away in your arms because of the scary stuff his parents Made him go through because mommy and daddy didn't want to get a babysitter. It's a shame because BGW has the potential to be a #1 Scare Attraction if they would just swallow the angry parents comments and buckle down and say they can't grow financially as a park if they try to please literally EVERYONE. The park is Family Friendly 85% of the year, let the freaks have the other 15% and give us an HOS to be excited about.

NoStylGia said:
I really wish for BGW HOS could drop the "family friendly" atmosphere and make it an actual Scare event. It would benefit everyone for it to be a separate ticket event, and let the Scare Actors do the job they want, and not the job they are told to do. Especially when stroller rollers ruin it for everyone screaming at the actors not to scare their kids because "they deserve to have fun too." It doesn't look like little johnny is having a good time crying his life away in your arms because of the scary stuff his parents Made him go through because mommy and daddy didn't want to get a babysitter. It's a shame because BGW has the potential to be a #1 Scare Attraction if they would just swallow the angry parents comments and buckle down and say they can't grow financially as a park if they try to please literally EVERYONE. The park is Family Friendly 85% of the year, let the freaks have the other 15% and give us an HOS to be excited about.

95% Likely to never happen.

NoStylGia said:

I'm there with you. However as long as the parents whine and get what they want, it will likely never happen.

Reactions: jornor and Alf33
Merboy said:
I'm sorry your impression is so poor prior to even attending the event. Please know that the reviews on this forum are personal opinions only. The truth is you don't know what kind of experience you're going to have until you have it. It could be terrifying for you personally or really fun for a variety of reasons. But I will say that going into it thinking you're going to be disappointed will certainly help you to be exactly that.

I hope you have a great time and that you and everyone with you get as scared/thrilled as you'd ever hope to be. Happy Halloween!

I should also add, if you've never been before, it's likely to be a good time. We're a bunch of jaded HOS-goers, who sometimes nit pick and can be overly critical. IMO, your first time at an event, it's very easy to look past what some here might view as glaring inadequacies. It's a great park on any given day, and having it overlaid with Halloween stuff just enhances it, assuming you're a Halloween fan. Of course there is always room for improvement, but if you go to the event multiple times a year, for multiple years on end, it's easier for the magic to wear off, and focus on the faults. Go, and have a great time. Don't let our opinions and criticisms color your experience.

So far this year I find both events equally understaffed and having the opening weekend weaknesses, plus while it made for a nice night at the park, it was just too warm for it to feel right. Including past impressions, I think KD has more good actors (in results) but they both have some exceptional ones. BG has better sets, although KD is catching up.

Have yet to experience Haunt and HOS this season but will partake in both this weekend.  Each event has their plus and minuses.  I love the HoS atmosphere when I'm there and the crowd is usually more pleasant.  The mazes are well done however the scares are usually not there.  I would say that the best maze for scares at BG is catacombs which is crazy but those actors are usually on point as long as the maze is well staffed.  I go to Haunt for the gore aspect of it due to great make-up and now their mazes are starting to get to BG design level.  The only thing I dislike about KD is the other guests and I always feel on edge when in the park.  I'm just hoping for a good night this Friday at Haunt with great scares and well behaved guests in the park.

BTW - I still can't believe a woman was actively breastfeeding her child while walking through a maze....that's some KD level crap there.

TheMeowMeoow said:
and now their mazes are starting to get to BG design level.  

Now, mind you I haven't been to HOS since 2015, I Plan on rectifying that this year...

But other than one or two scenes in a couple of mazes, I feel that the past two years KD has easily surpassed Busch in the design aspect.

There is also a difference from paying someone to do all your mazes for you and doing basically everything in house.

I'm just gonna add that the only trump card that I think BGW owns, Deadline, has remained terribly understaffed since it's first year. They've got essentially one of the best mazes I've been in ever... With no one in it to allow it to function as it should. It's sad.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad