Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Given how poorly Deadline has performed for several years, I would actually love to see a return of Curse of Pompeii. It was a great "starter maze," and if Cut Throat Cove doesn't come back, I think the park really needs a less intense house.

Reactions: Sky, Ziva and Zimmy
They could open Deadline or any other house "soft" during the day. I kind of wish they would though. I bet it would be so interesting to walk through and finally take in all the small details.

Reactions: Zachary
Actually, in my opinion a house like Deadline would not be a good candidate for daytime viewing. The purpose is to provide a spooky experience, without the startles and other scares associated with actors. Obviously, it is a great way to test a child's reaction to a real maze, without traumatizing him or her.

Deadline in particular is a gross-out house, so a lot of its impact comes from the theming, and not the scare actors. Obviously, it is significantly scarier with the actors, but I do not think it is tame enough for people who do not want to be scared without them.

Actually, upon reflection, based on my experiences in Unearthed, it would be a good daytime walk-through, starter house. Having experienced it many times with virtually no actors at all, I can say that I found it very well decorated, and bordering on boring.

CastleOSullivan said:
I don't think the park used Oak Island as much back then. Many things were in-house, like Bitten.

The park most likely won't do two mazes in that area again. It has to be one or the other. Masquerage was only about half-built because they realized what a crowd problem it would be. Thankfully, they salvaged all of the props, which can still be seen in many mazes.

Deadline sits on top of the set of Curse of Pompeii, which is semi-permanent. They will need to invest a lot of money to re-do one of their most expensive mazes. Those are all great questions though. Those things have been holding BG back for years, and will likely continue to do so.

Deadline has potential, but not enough scares. Even though its a gross out house you can barely see the vomit on the walls and what not just in the bathroom scene, the whole maze needs something more like animatronic startle scares or something. Bitten is dry, so I'm wondering what is going there. And the empty house that is used as a dressing room for the actors. Can be used as a house ,but they won't do it. Hopefully with a new park president and all we will see some changes, also.

Reactions: deacfan31
I am unsure if anyone has said this yet, but almost everything is gone from CTC. There is one tent left but the outside walls are gone and it is gutted. There is a dumpster full of old construction materials and there are ladders and new building materials under the remaining tent. I do not think that CTC will be returning.

/s means end of sarcasm. Also, they are only keeping the hen houses to bring back "Wunderbarn!". /s

Anyway, as I said earlier: "Deadline sits on top of the set of Curse of Pompeii, which is semi-permanent." Meanwhile, Nicole suggested a return of Curse of Pompeii. While I do think that was a solid house, that one also overstayed its welcome, and was subjected to the same staffing issues.

Curse of Pompeii was home to very well themed corridors, along with amazing special effects. The problem with the special effects is that they were often times expensive pieces from Fear Factory that didn't fit the theme at all. Curse of Pompeii might work, but they would have to bring it to today's standards, and actually re-do it this time. Revenge of Pompeii was essentially just a change of the name and costumes.

I think HOS is the way it is besides CTC nit everything is gonna be perfect or the way you want it

I enjoyed eating at Blood Banquet, but I want a better show, or none at all. I like the characters, Igor and Swampy, but they made no sense being in Vampire Point. The vampire maids, masquerading as Fiends nurses did not work, in my opinion.

To the park; getting rid of Bitten, Deadline, or even Catacombs, must feel like trying to get rid of Celtic Fyre. They are afraid that nothing can properly replace those attractions. They are even more worried about the price tag of re-doing Bitten or Deadline. Both would need construction equipment to be demolished.

Bitten is pretty much all that there is to that building. Thankfully, that maze was done in-house, rather than using expensive contractors to build bigger sets. Maybe that would make the maze cheaper, and easier to let go.

CastleOSullivan said:
I enjoyed eating at Blood Banquet, but I want a better show, or none at all. I like the characters, Igor and Swampy, but they made no sense being in Vampire Point. The vampire maids, masquerading as Fiends nurses did not work, in my opinion.

To the park; getting rid of Bitten, Deadline, or even Catacombs, must feel like trying to get rid of Celtic Fyre. They are afraid that nothing can properly replace those attractions. They are even more worried about the price tag of re-doing Bitten or Deadline. Both would need construction equipment to be demolished.

Bitten is pretty much all that there is to that building. Thankfully, that maze was done in-house, rather than using expensive contractors to build bigger sets. Maybe that would make the maze cheaper, and easier to let go.

Well instead of the demolishing the inside of bitten, they can just move the removable props, repaint If needed, add wallpaper,rewire something's right? I'm sure if they wanted too change the whole theme they could too make a new maze. Is there a warehouse they keep old props?

Pretzel Kaiser said:
I remember some of the decor in Curse of Pompeii being.... Really tacky...  Like they just glued a bunch of cheap toys to a wall...

I enjoy finding a rat on a ripper-row pathway post with a still-functioning squeaker and making a joke out of it. I've found them comical wherever they pop up.

So with the apparent removal of Cut Throat Cove, is it safe to assume we have one new house there?

If so, I am excited to see if that means maybe a new TerrorTory to go along with it?

It would be hard to imagine the area without a maze. The crowds in the rest of the park certainly would suffer, so I think a new maze is certainly reasonable to expect, but of course nothing has been confirmed. I would not be surprised at all to see clowns return.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad