Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

1900x500_bgw_events_hos_eventinfobanner.ashx

Official Website​

Attraction Lineup​

Haunted Houses

1. Inferno [New] - Location: Pompeii (?)
  2. Death Water Bayou [New] - Location: Festa Field
  3. Nevermore Chapter 2 [New] (Updated & Relocated) - Location: Drachen Fire Station Building (?)
  4. Witch of the Woods [Returning] - Location: Oktoberfest Woods Maze
  5. KILLarney Diner [Returning] - Location: Ireland Simulator

Terror-Tories™

1. Dead A-head [New] - Location: France
  2. Gorgon Gardens [New] - Location: Italy Gardens
  3. Scary Tale Road [New] - Location: Rhinefield
  4. Meat Market [Returning] - Location: New France
  5. Ripper Row [Returning] - Location: England
+ Roaming Hack Pack [Returning] - Location: Where you least expect it​

Shows

1. Jack is Back [Returning] - Location: Ireland
  2. Phantoms of the Festhaus [Returning] - Location: Festhaus
  3. Skeletones [Returning] - Location: San Marco
  4. Monster Stomp® on Ripper Row [Returning] - Location: Globe Theatre
+ ZomBeats [Returning] - Location: France?​

Party Zones

1. DJ Marie Antoinette Party Zone [New] - Location: France
  2. DJ Masquerade Party Zone [New] - Location: Festa Italia
(These are listed as new, but seem to be in the same areas as the party zones in 2021)

BOOze Bars

1. Stone-Cold Spirits [New] - Location: Italy Gardens
  2. Pete's Provisions [New] - Location: New France
  3. Back Alley Bar - Location: England
  4. Jack's Nightcap - Location: Ireland
  5. Frost Bar - Location: Oktoberfest
  6. BarKastle Spirits - Location: Oktoberfest

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointed to hear that BGW is sticking to only five total houses this year. I honestly think the event is FAR too popular for that. Remember, 2018 had 7 houses and 2019 had 6. 5 just isn't enough in my opinion.

Anyway, regarding the house lineup, I think it's safe to say Killarney Diner is almost certainly returning and we basically know Nevermore is dead. I assume the other death is Circo, but I could see a world in which it could be Witch or Dystopia instead...

Last edited:
If I had to say, WotW and Killarney Diner are almost certainly returning, seeing as those were new last year. If I had to choose between Dystopia and Circo, I’d keep Dystopia. I wonder where those 2 new houses would be going though… maybe they’ll repurpose that area that the penguin exhibit used during CT as a maze? Not sure. The only spots that they could feasibly put new mazes, without removing an existing one, would be the Drachen Fire station building and probably something in the spot where Cornered used to sit.
At least one of the existing mazes, is going to get removed for one of the new mazes. It’s just a matter of which one.

The Cornered plot will almost certainly be inaccessible due to DarKoaster and building a house inside Drachen Fire's station seems shortsighted with a project right around the corner.

I definitely think the chances of a Royal Palace house are high this year.

What if they bring back Nevermore and put it where Dystopia used to be, but redo the whole thing? I can’t recall BGW ever doing anything like that off the top of my head, but Busch Gardens Tampa did that in the past with Nightshade Toy Factory.

It was in what’s now Cheetah Hunt’s queue line for its first season, and when that venue became unavailable due to the ride’s construction, they moved it to a new location and gave it a much bigger budget.

Edit: I just remembered that BGW did this with Wicked Woods when Sesame Street started construction. So there is precedent for doing that in Williamsburg as well.

Last edited:
The one question I had when I saw the email is if they are going to try to turn HOS into a separately ticketed event at BGW. It probably won't be this year as there would be huge blowback, put perhaps part of a longer term plan?

They brought the Reaper out for today
LMAO WHAT

The park is officially run by absolute kooks. If I was greeted by that goofy ah HoS reaper when I was showing up for F&W I'd fall to the floor laughing.

Sure it is Friday the 13th but like, huh? Is that thing just smack right in a walkway too? Hard to tell if it is in its usual spot.

LMAO WHAT

The park is officially run by absolute kooks. If I was greeted by that goofy ah HoS reaper when I was showing up for F&W I'd fall to the floor laughing.

Sure it is Friday the 13th but like, huh? Is that thing just smack right in a walkway too? Hard to tell if it is in its usual spot.
It is sort of in the walk way, like it’s not taking up an abundance of space but it’s definitely not in its usual spot

• Haha
Reactions: Mwe BGW and Ice
They brought the Reaper out for today

It seems LAUGHABLY early to put that thing out already. It’s spring — schools aren’t even out for the summer yet — and they’re already advertising for Halloween?

I get the desire to advertise the park’s most profitable event and all, but do that with a sign or banner here and there throughout the park. Such a big, in-your-face Halloween decoration as literally one of the first things you see when walking up the front gate is just so jarring and out of place.

Unless they literally only brought the reaper out for the one-day promotion and are putting him back immediately afterwards, which would definitely be some impressive (and out-of-character) marketing effort by the park.

Unless they literally only brought the reaper out for the one-day promotion and are putting him back immediately afterwards, which would definitely be some impressive (and out-of-character) marketing effort by the park.
I think this is precisely what they are doing, since it is Friday the 13th today. The signage is a one day only ticket promotion.

my totally accurate and not at all biased prediction is :

Houses
1) Killarney Diner
2) Witch of the Woods
3) Nevermore (moved to the royal palace)
4) NEW Greek mythology maze (in Pompeii)
5)NEW Carnival of the Damned (generic creepy circus just totally not Circo)(Roman rapids)

Terrortories
1) Ripper Row
2) Meat Market
3) NEW zombie gladiators (San Marco)
4) NEW Bavarian Boogeymen or a Frankenstein-esque escaped creature idea(Rhineland)

Shows
1) Monster Stomp on Ripper Row
2)Jack is Back
3)Dig it Up
4)Phantoms of the Festhaus

This is no way based on any knowledge or leaks and I expect to be wrong about a lot but this is what I’d like to see and what they could pull off.

I seriously hope that Busch Gardens Williamsburg does something similar to Tormented Tales for Howl-O-Scream this year. I would love for them to once again tackle the subject of twisted fairy tales gone wrong.

Last edited:
After going to HHN Orlando for 15+ years, last year was my first doing Howl O Scream. Do we expect the insane traffic backups and lack of food options in the park to return this year, or did I just pick the wrong time to start attending in the middle of a pandemic?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
After going to HHN Orlando for 15+ years, last year was my first doing Howl O Scream. Do we expect the insane traffic backups and lack of food options in the park to return this year, or did I just pick the wrong time to start attending in the middle of a pandemic?

The traffic backups were a problem long before COVID, but the lack of food and beverage offerings are a post-COVID development. That said, given how sparse BGW's dining options have been during Food & Wine this year, there's very serious reason to be concerned that the park doesn't see waiting in 30 minute lines for a drink as a problem worth fixing. 😕

Hope for the best, but mentally prepare for the worst. Thus far, we're not really seeing operations recover from COVID.

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad