Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I wonder if SWO is going to treat HOS the way BGT handles CT? Unlike the Virginia parks, which convert over entirely for their haunts and holiday events, Tampa has historically concentrated their CT overlay to specific areas. My assumption has always been this is because it is a year-round park and wants to maintain relatively normal daytime operations. Maybe SWO is taking a similar approach and limiting their scary HOS theming to keep the park accessible to families with young children during the day?

Nov 5, 2009
I wonder if SWO is going to treat HOS the way BGT handles CT? Unlike the Virginia parks, which convert over entirely for their haunts and holiday events, Tampa has historically concentrated their CT overlay to specific areas. My assumption has always been this is because it is a year-round park and wants to maintain relatively normal daytime operations. Maybe SWO is taking a similar approach and limiting their scary HOS theming to keep the park accessible to families with young children during the day?
I’m willing to bet thats a great justification to spend less on your new event. Not expecting much from this but maybe itll be less of a shit show than i expect

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
As mentioned prior, I’ve got y’all taken care of for this event tonight. Park closes at 2am so I likely won’t have anything major out till tomorrow. Plan to get through every house/scare zone a few times and get a full video of SeaWorlds version of Monster Stomp. It’s going to be a good night y’all!

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Arrived at 6:15. This is a separate ticketed event that uses a completely different entrance from the main entrance. Once in, you are held in a “standby area” until 7pm when the park opens. In this area you have access to the Sirens Last Call bar, as well as the Shop Of Horrors. I will be updating through Twitter tonight to avoid clutter of images on the forum.

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Not to be a party pooper as I’m having a good time, but the layout of this event is horrible. All 4 houses are a 3 minute walk away from each other. Food is also a problem. They have 2 pre made paninis in front of mako, a $13 bowl of sample size Brisket Mac&Cheese In front of the Nauticus Theatre, and an $18 Burger or Pizza at Altitude Burgers. That’s it. No other food options :/

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Definitely not a big show up tonight. Was just told 2,000 in attendance and park will be closing an hour early which is a shame.

Edit: Didn’t want to spam with another post. Just left the park and have a lot to take in. Hot take - SeaWorld rushed the hell out of this event. I don’t think there is nearly enough to do to justify staying open till 2am. I thought this version of Monster Stomp was very good. Bits I disliked in the BGW version were cut short in Orlando. I thought that the majority of the scare zones were better than the houses. Captains Revenge and Dead Vines are the top two houses. Beneath the Ice was such a mess… and while Waters Edge Inn has potential, it’s unfortunately shorter than some of the scare zones. It’s similar to No Vacancy in its themeing to a lesser extent.

I was given full permission from the media team to record 3 of the houses today. Those, along with Monster Stomp will be uploaded tomorrow per admin approval.

Last edited:

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Here are YouTube links of the 3 haunted houses I was able to get video of last night in order from personal favorite to least favorite:

1.) Captains Revenge
2.) Dead Vines
3.) Waters Edge Inn would go here. Did not have permission to film in this maze. Similar to No Vacancy at KD but to a lesser and much shorter scale.
4.) Beneath The Ice

Below are YouTube links to the 4 scare zones the park had to offer in order from personal favorite to least favorite:

1.) Sea Of Souls
2.) Witchcraft Bayou
3.) Deadly Ambush
4.) Frozen Terror

Monster Stomp is going to take 4 hours to upload. Will attach it to this post once it has uploaded.

24% upload with monster stomp… didn’t think it would take this long lol

Last edited:

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
I've been hearing very mixed opinions about this event. Would you say its worth the separate admission or should I just stick with HHN next month.

Was debating on doing Tampa as well. With Gwazi and Ice down till next year, I don't have much of a reason to do either haunt really.

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
I hate to say it but if you can afford the extra $21 to go to horror nights on a weekday I’d 100% recommend you do that. The $50 discounted admission currently is still too high in my opinion for what you get at SeaWorld.

4 average houses, 1 good show, Infinity falls and Mako are the only things open. Maybe 3 hours of entertainment at the most? I finished everything in 2 hours and just stayed for footage. I haven’t been this year but I’m hearing that Tampas event has improved quite a bit. If given the 3 choices I’d put Orlando at #3 unfortunately.

Patchie

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Did anyone else notice that Beneath the Ice features several A.U.R.A. logos and even a rendition of the Scarlett's Revenge theme in the house? Some of the logos can be seen and the audio be heard beginning around the 3:20 mark in this video:

This appears to be the first time that the fictional A.U.R.A. dig group has been referenced outside of the trio Scarlett's Revenge houses that debuted in 2015.

With nearly all of the major SEAS parks hosting HOS and Orlando and Tampa being in such close proximity, it would be neat to see the Design and Planning teams work on some sort of cinematic universe for HOS that tied all the events together. Considering that this event directly competes with HHN Orlando which is arguably a multi-night event, it would be a smart way to tie together the two events at SWO and BGT and promote visiting both parks for possibly more than one night.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad