Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Just to address your implied question about how to make fairy tales scary...

Have you read the real Grimm’s Tales? The original stories, unlike the watered down versions that are told to American children now, are truly harrowing. There are a lot of brutal deaths and starkly evil characters in them.

sereniv

Professional Snack Provider
Feb 9, 2018
no, I have not personally read them, but I am familiar with some of the stories such as the little mermaid, cinderella, and snow white. but, I think most people also haven't read the stories in their entirety and that is why I am worried if we went along with this theme, we would not have characters portrayed in a way that is recognizably frightening.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
You might want to check out Feary Tales at Kings Dominion. It had a sinister fairy tale theme similar to what you’re describing, and since it existed for about a decade up through 2017, there’s probably a lot more material available online. Based on the few available photos of Tormented Tales, Feary Tales even used a few of the same costumes, like the evil bunny.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
NC
@CastleOSullivan mentioned Dark Tower over in 2018 HOS. Here is a video of that by Chris Schwartz, along with Transylvania Express/Jack’s Nightmare Express and Curse of Pompeii.

Dark Tower

Transylvania Express/Jack’s Nightmare Express

Curse of Pompeii

Apologies if these have been posted before.

Ice

FFF
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
So the earliest year of Howl-O-Scream I can remember, there was a house in the Killarney motion sim building themed to like Goblins and stuff. What house is that? That isn't Dark Tower is it?

Patchie

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
So the earliest year of Howl-O-Scream I can remember, there was a house in the Killarney motion sim building themed to like Goblins and stuff. What house is that? That isn't Dark Tower is it?
You’re most likely thinking of the 2009 house Caverns of Darkness which took place in the Kilarney motion simulator was very dark and featured goblins and various other creatures.

Ice

FFF
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
You’re most likely thinking of the 2009 house Caverns of Darkness which took place in the Kilarney motion simulator was very dark and featured goblins and various other creatures.
THATS IT I knew the names were similar I just couldn't remember it

Reactions: jornor
Jul 5, 2017
Is there ANY pics of last laugh industries or festa dementia? Im dying to see some pics as i only have what i remember in my brain as a kid.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad