Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
2,167
5,645
113
Virginia Beach
Peej, they're called Plague Doctors. That would be neat to see. As the plague hit just about every part of Europe, a plague doctor, with the plague as a theme would be nice. Not sure if it'd work as a house, but at least a scare zone/terror-tory.

France would be a good location I think. Just because the actual plague doctor costume originated in France.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peej1212
Aug 31, 2013
386
388
63
Yeah... with the freakout over the severed heads, I'm sure you can see the potential backlash about doing a plague/virus breakout themed event at Busch. While cool, I can see it being a potential nightmare.

Plus, last thing I wanna here guests using to tease the actors and everything is "HE GOT EBOLA!"

Give it a few years, because it's a great theme.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peej1212
Aug 31, 2013
386
388
63
This is a parkwide concept. Be warned, I put quite bit of thought into this.

A HoS event where everything is themed around Edgar Allan poe.


England: Nevermore
You enter the park and see the streets filled with Raven's(I know we got them ;) and echoing quotes from stories from Poe.Lots blacklighting and Red. Maybe use black light paint to scrawl lines from Edgar Allan Poe's greatest stories all over the buildings.

The idea is to represent how the horrifying tales from poe have been ripped off the pages into the world. Actors would go around as 19th century people made of flesh and paper, covered with ink and blood. Here is where the pages go from fiction to reality.

Heatherdowns: The Black Cat

In the darkness lurks the spirits of animals lost. The darkness echoes with the sounds of ghost horses, dogs, and more importantly...The Black cat.

This Area is simply an ambient and creepy area. Lights as of the eyes of various animals and other eerie looking things.

Ireland:The Hop-Frog

A tortured and abused hunchback known as The Hop-Frog gets his revenge on the people who have wronged him. Best hope you're not on that list.

This area would have actors going around, less of a scare area and more creepy. Also, Hop- Frog would have his own show in the Abbeystone very similar to Fiends and Monster Stomp.

In Ireland there is also The Pit and the Pendulum maze. This bloodsoaked maze of horror pits you against against the devious and sadistic minds behind the carnival-like torture of the Inquisition.

Wild Reserve:The Gold Bug

Legend has it, there is treasure in the woods. Will you find it or die trying.

A rather cool but not altogether creepy area, meant as easy passage and cool theming.

France: The Murders in the Rue Morgue

Inspectors are on the look out for the culprit behind the recent grissly murders in town. Are you a suspect or the next victim?

Lots of death and chaos. Inspectors chasing you around, killers doing the same a la Ripper Row

Here, the maze Cask of Amontillado is buried, where you venture down into the cellar of Montressor, many years after his entrapment of the doomed Fortunato. It seems Montressor's bloodlust could not be stopped up, like his wine. Can you survive?


Also, wine and other alcholoic beverages would be served including Amontillado.


New France:Liegia and the Conquerer Worm

Based on a story and a poem, this area feature renimated corpses seeking revenge and The Conquerer Worm, a demonic creature much like a worm who eats mainly mimes. However, when food is scarce, the Conquerer worm branches out.

Rhinefield/Okotberfest: The Facts in the Case of M. Vlademar

What happens when the dying is hypnotised just before death? The doctors here are trying to figure out the same thing. But, they need new subjects. care to volunteer?

An area with lots of undead/insane doctors and psychiatrists trying to carry on their experiments.

Mazes here include

Fall of the House of Usher (Bitten House)
Visit the infamous mansion of usher, where the undead and malicious spirits wait.

The Imp of the Perverse ( new maze area)

This creature influences many to do wrong for the sake doing things wrong. murder, torture, and many other gruesome things can be explained by the Imp. Will you be another example?

Morella (RoaE area)
Poor Morella. Once she was loved by her husband, but then he began to fall out of love... to the point where he couldnt look or touch her. When she died, he couldnt bear to deal with his daughter who looked just like her. When he went to baptise her, he named her after his wife, and his daughter died the same day. His wife's tomb now lay vacant. The vengeful spirit is now out for blood.



San Marco/Festa Italia: Masque of Red Death

The Red Death ravages the land, and makes a special appearance at a very special gala.


Lots of masquerade/plague themed actors walking around. lots of blood.




This is an idea I had originally just for a maze, but I realized there is enough theming to make a whole event off of it. Will it be done? probably not. But a maze incorporating these ideas would be awesome!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nicole and Peej1212
Apr 30, 2015
483
581
93
Jacques said:
This is a parkwide concept. Be warned, I put quite bit of thought into this.

A HoS event where everything is themed around Edgar Allan poe.


England: Nevermore
You enter the park and see the streets filled with Raven's(I know we got them ;) and echoing quotes from stories from Poe.Lots blacklighting and Red. Maybe use black light paint to scrawl lines from Edgar Allan Poe's greatest stories all over the buildings.

The idea is to represent how the horrifying tales from poe have been ripped off the pages into the world. Actors would go around as 19th century people made of flesh and paper, covered with ink and blood. Here is where the pages go from fiction to reality.
I think this could work, also you can have human sized peices of paper that have scribbles of parts of the stories (even though i like the blacklight better :) )

Jacques said:
Heatherdowns: The Black Cat

In the darkness lurks the spirits of animals lost. The darkness echoes with the sounds of ghost horses, dogs, and more importantly...The Black cat.

This Area is simply an ambient and creepy area. Lights as of the eyes of various animals and other eerie looking things.

Ireland:The Hop-Frog

A tortured and abused hunchback known as The Hop-Frog gets his revenge on the people who have wronged him. Best hope you're not on that list.

This area would have actors going around, less of a scare area and more creepy. Also, Hop- Frog would have his own show in the Abbeystone very similar to Fiends and Monster Stomp.

Jacques said:
In Ireland there is also The Pit and the Pendulum maze. This bloodsoaked maze of horror pits you against against the devious and sadistic minds behind the carnival-like torture of the Inquisition.
I could see this working the inquisition devices alone were terrifying.

Jacques said:
Wild Reserve:The Gold Bug

Legend has it, there is treasure in the woods. Will you find it or die trying.

A rather cool but not altogether creepy area, meant as easy passage and cool theming.

France: The Murders in the Rue Morgue

Inspectors are on the look out for the culprit behind the recent grissly murders in town. Are you a suspect or the next victim?

Lots of death and chaos. Inspectors chasing you around, killers doing the same a la Ripper Row

Here, the maze Cask of Amontillado is buried, where you venture down into the cellar of Montressor, many years after his entrapment of the doomed Fortunato. It seems Montressor's bloodlust could not be stopped up, like his wine. Can you survive?


Also, wine and other alcholoic beverages would be served including Amontillado.


New France:Liegia and the Conquerer Worm

Based on a story and a poem, this area feature renimated corpses seeking revenge and The Conquerer Worm, a demonic creature much like a worm who eats mainly mimes. However, when food is scarce, the Conquerer worm branches out.

Jacques said:
Rhinefield/Okotberfest: The Facts in the Case of M. Vlademar

What happens when the dying is hypnotised just before death? The doctors here are trying to figure out the same thing. But, they need new subjects. care to volunteer?

An area with lots of undead/insane doctors and psychiatrists trying to carry on their experiments.
I think this would be a cool idea if you could execute it properly.
Jacques said:
Mazes here include

Fall of the House of Usher (Bitten House)
Visit the infamous mansion of usher, where the undead and malicious spirits wait.

The Imp of the Perverse ( new maze area)

This creature influences many to do wrong for the sake doing things wrong. murder, torture, and many other gruesome things can be explained by the Imp. Will you be another example?

Morella (RoaE area)
Poor Morella. Once she was loved by her husband, but then he began to fall out of love... to the point where he couldnt look or touch her. When she died, he couldnt bear to deal with his daughter who looked just like her. When he went to baptise her, he named her after his wife, and his daughter died the same day. His wife's tomb now lay vacant. The vengeful spirit is now out for blood.



San Marco/Festa Italia: Masque of Red Death

The Red Death ravages the land, and makes a special appearance at a very special gala.


Lots of masquerade/plague themed actors walking around. lots of blood.




This is an idea I had originally just for a maze, but I realized there is enough theming to make a whole event off of it. Will it be done? probably not. But a maze incorporating these ideas would be awesome!
I think it would be great and id love to see it. I think it would show some great detail and alot of smart scares.There is only one problem id see with it and that is that the General public (unless they are poe fans) may be lost with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nicole
Aug 31, 2013
386
388
63
^ Scary and smart. Two things Busch could use! LOL

If the GP didnt know about poe they would certainly be at least intrigued to read a few stories afterwards.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Peej1212

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
5,874
8,549
113
Virginia Beach
Poe, was amazing... crazy but amazing. As Nic says he seemed to have a natural understanding of what terrifies humans. I think it must have been the steady diet of Absinthe.

I leave you with this...

 
Aug 31, 2013
386
388
63
So, we can do MSoRR but now call it Monster Stomp with Edgar Allan Poe

A rapping Edgar Allan Poe IS more believable than a rapping serial killer.
 

Pat

Jul 12, 2011
95
246
33
I got to take MC Lars to the Virginia Living Museum and run around with him before a concert he did at CNU about 6 years ago. It was awesome, I'll go to any show he's involved in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zimmy

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
5,874
8,549
113
Virginia Beach
sufpadd said:
I got to take MC Lars to the Virginia Living Museum and run around with him before a concert he did at CNU about 6 years ago. It was awesome, I'll go to any show he's involved in.

I saw him open for MC Frontalot in Seattle. I also saw him at PAX one year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mwe BGW

Ice

FFF
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
1,615
3,300
113
Baltimore, MD
Completely off topic for this year's event, but before (if they ever) permanently add an attraction to the DK building and remove it from the HoS venue list, I am really hoping they take advantage of the opportunity to have another wolf themed house and have it related to Ludwig's curse. Hunted was such a good house back in the day and they haven't committed to a wolf themed house since. Combining some of the stuff they had from Frostbite with the wolves (maybe some costume changes for them) and whatever old DK stuff they have laying around in storage as far as uniforms and props go, could be an awesome house.
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad