Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Keep in mind of the following:

- Blood Banquet: A buffet or restaurant with vampire servers
- Demon Drinks: A bar
- Inoculation Station: A bar
- Pirate Baarrrgh: A bar
- Buccaneer Gallet: A buffet with pirate servers
- Open Casket: A bar
- Fright Feast: A buffet with the cast of Fiends

There are an interesting amount of bars or alcohol/drink based stands? Anyone else think so?

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
RE: Howl-O-Scream 2013: Fear Has a Way of Spreading

Party Rocker said:
There are an interesting amount of bars or alcohol/drink based stands? Anyone else think so?
They figure if you're drunk enough, you won't notice how bad the houses are.

And cast of Fiends or cast of Fiends look-a-like, I don't care, if you're telling me I can dine with a Mad Scientist, a wonderful man-monster-person, and a fine lookin' nurse, I'm game. Sign me up now.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

Applesauce said:

I assume this was a joke. But regardless, if I am the park, what I really don't want is a lot of very drunk people, roaming around, getting in fights, and breaking things.

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville

Nic said:
Applesauce said:

I assume this was a joke. But regardless, if I am the park, what I really don't want is a lot of very drunk people, roaming around, getting in fights, and breaking things.

Yes, cause that's all drunk people do.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

I'm not sure I've ever experienced folks acting all that crazy during HOS. But if they did, it would be more interesting than many of the houses and roaming hordes.

The all new roaming drunkard horde!! That's why all of these new bars are spread out. Get your liquor on. Yo ho ho!!! Just like at college on Friday nights!!

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Advisory Panel
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA

And how is BG solving this? By offering even more places to buy even more types of alcohol. Clearly, they don't care.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia

Alpenghöst said:
And how is BG solving this? By offering even more places to buy even more types of alcohol. Clearly, they don't care.

They should care. These things greatly affect the in-park experience.

chickenking said:
Must be really wild on Saturdays. I typically am there Friday & Sunday nights.

Yes, I've found that things are much, much worse on Saturdays. The park becomes some sort of stupidity magnet during Saturdays in October.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

These adult beverages they offer are typically pretty low with actual alcohol. Those inoculation shots & things served at the vampire bar...basically kool-aid. I'm guessing it is the beer crowd.

Reactions: Planeteer
Feb 6, 2013
Portsmouth, Va

Are you trying to tell us you have a problem, Zach? We are your friends, and were here to help. We all have our demons, mine is Twinkies, CK has an addiction to Fiends, and Nora has wine. We are here for you buddy!

Dec 23, 2011

Actually drunk people at the park is a serious problem like Zach said. The biggest issues with drunk people (not saying all drunk people do this but it does happen) is drunk people attacking scare actors because they are just trying to be tough around their buddies which happens with arrogant sober people too, but both are equally at fault. Also their have been multiple cases of drunk people just going to the bathroom where ever they feel like it instead of the bathroom.

Then there are the fights, some people can get crazy angry when their drunk. There have been guests who may bump into a drunk person and that drunk person goes crazy on them or if you say just the wrong thing to this drunk person things can get hostile.

Put this into perspective, most of, or probably about 80% of the Security department absolutely hates Howl-o-Scream altogether, only because of the assaults and drunk people they have to deal with.

With that said, not everyone who is drunk at the park, got drunk from the alcohol served there. There are some people who feel the need to sneak in little tiny bottles of vodka, rum, etc. and they just can't control themselves after that.

I think the fact that the bars are spread so far apart is actually a great idea, that way you have time to sober up some before getting to the next bar.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

So...
- drunk people are the problem.
- Sober people are the problem.
- More bathrooms.
- Don't bump into anyone.
- Don't talk to anyone.
- Vast majority of security have a poor attitude at work.
- Security check point still sucks.

(/sarcasm)

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

When I was working on Senior Week in college, we were TIPS trained for exactly this reason. We wanted people to have fun and drink, but not to get so drunk that they got sick or out of control. So, as a server, I was responsible for determining if someone was already too drunk to continue drinking. I've never been a real bartender, but surely my university wasn't the only place with attorneys concerned about these issues?

Generally my experience in event planning since then is that most adults are perfectly responsible and know how to handle their liquor. Unfortunately, it only takes one idiot to ruin an event.

Dec 23, 2011

The team members serving alcohol take a special class to do so. They are taught about verifying their ID and the ways of how you can tell someone is drunk, etc. They can refuse to sell anyone alcohol should they fell you are too drunk or you are getting close to drunk. You can only buy but so much alcohol as well, I believe no more than two servings. Also if you are buying it for someone else, they have to be present with their ID.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach

I feel as if the alcohol problem wasn't nearly as bad when there was a limit on where you could drink. I remember those signs that said "No alcohol beyond this point." I remember them well. Really well. those things were heavy, especially if you run into one when you're small and it falls on you.

Either way, I'm kinda hoping that if they have the alcohol at these bars, that they'll cut back on the alcohol being served in the queue for the houses. It probably won't, not when they can make money, but one can dream.

Reactions: BGW Family
Jun 27, 2013
Covington,VA

Party Rocker said:
The team members serving alcohol take a special class to do so. They are taught about verifying their ID and the ways of how you can tell someone is drunk, etc. They can refuse to sell anyone alcohol should they fell you are too drunk or you are getting close to drunk. You can only buy but so much alcohol as well, I believe no more than two servings. Also if you are buying it for someone else, they have to be present with their ID.

Actually they have to be trained this way, because of ABC laws. I was a bartender for 3 years, and you can be held accountable. When we were there on our July visit, I never had 1 TM card me any of the 3 days that I was there, and my boyfriend purchased drink after drink for me while we were in Grogan's, and he wasn't cut off.

Reactions: Planeteer and Nora
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad