Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I've been a lurker on the forums since it started,So I thought I might as well make a account. Busch Gardens is getting to many complaints about not being family friendly for Howl-o-Scream. My solution is to move It to Water Country. This would be a seperate ticket event and free for platinum pass members. But, there would be a age limit of 13. They would still have haunted house,scare zones, and shows.This event would start in late September and take place from 7pm to 12 am. This event would solve a lot of problems for Busch Gardens. Also since Water Country has more wood land so they could add a haunted tractor ride. This would make me so happy since they got rid of the train.I've talked to many high up employees and they said that is a brilliant idea. There is only one problem would HOS still be on a smaller scale at BGW. Although in my opinion this would still save them a lot of problems.

RE: Howl-o-Scream at Water Country

a 13+ event is pretty much impossible to enforce.Now, the event would also have to close at 11, because of curfew. Also, there really is NO place to put houses at WCUSA plus have restaurants, Shops, and shows, not to mention All the rides would not be there. I think that that would actually deplete people from the event.

I'm gonna have to veto this idea, but welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Mushroom

Also forgot to mention but shops and restaurants would be open . Their would also be themed dining experiences and a pumpkin patch and corn maze during the day for the kiddies.

Zachary said:
With some tweaks, I like it.

I have trouble believing that you would be in favor of something that would be void of shows :p

I just cant imagine any house locations haha. I also would miss the fog on Verbolten :(

I actually think this is a great idea. I'm not sure it would ever happen, but I wish it would

I like it, but they should have it connected so that you could leave from park via a tram or bus and an up charge and have it set up like a field of screams type venue with a haunted hayride where WCUSA turns into a water park overtaken by zombies and such from the shut down.

The line for Aquazoid would be a GREAT place for a house!

I have a few concerns. My first one is space. I know Water Country USA has it, but the way the space is presented is very awkward. There isn't very many wide open spaces, most of it is narrow. Then you have theme. How do you cover up the fact that you're in a water park in the fall? It seems extremely out of place and out of theme. You wouldn't be at Busch Gardens Howl-o-Scream anymore. You would be at a water park's Halloween event, which is just awkward.

Reactions: Mushroom

I think with clever decorating, you can theme almost anything anyway you want. For example, I was working as a charity event years ago (I was a "Provisional," meaning "slave" member). My friend and I had the dubious distinction of "guarding" the loading dock. We discovered that this loading dock was going to be the main entrance to a special pre-show event, and the (lazy) decorating committee asked us to pretty the area up. The main "attraction" in this area was a giant dumpster. So, stole a bunch of tablecloths and other bits of flair and completely covered the dumpster. No one at the event had any idea of what it was. Total success.

And this is for kids, not necessarily the most discerning customers. I think if you gave them a great set of activities and experiences, they really wouldn't care where it was located. Besides, an "abandoned" water park sounds pretty spooky to me.

Nic said:
I think with clever decorating, you can theme almost anything anyway you want.

Can we apply this to the Banbury Cross renovation? I agree so much with this statement. Clever decorating can do a lot.

But in relation to WCUSA, I still don't like it. You take the event away from the park it is no longer the park's event. That is like moving Verbolten to WCUSA and saying it is still apart of BGW. No it isn't. I understand clever decorating can do a lot, that was one issue. The other one is, the event in no longer truly a Busch Gardens event. Howl-o-Scream is about Busch Gardens transforming to a scary place. You take away Busch Gardens and that transformation, you are left with a regular theme park and a water park with a Halloween event.

Does it matter if it is a "BGW" event? They are sister parks, and I think the point is to provide somewhere for children to go besides BGW during HOS. As long as Banbury Cross has scare actors, there really is no logical way to have a child-friendly event inside BGW proper. And I for one love any Victorian HOS attraction, so I wouldn't advocate making that area vanilla again.

I'm sure there is a different pun marketing can invent for a HOS Jr event, if the name is the problem.

Nic said:
Does it matter if it is a "BGW" event?

YES! This is all about marketing, branding, and location. Howl-o-Scream is synonymous with Busch Gardens. You can't just separate the two. Guests who have been going to BGW for a long time for HOS will get confused! They will still think HOS is at BGW because that is how it has always been.

Nic said:
. . . and I think the point is to provide somewhere for children to go besides BGW during HOS.

The original concept was to move the houses, terror-tories/scare zones, and shows to WCUSA making Busch Gardens more KidSiderate and WCUSA scare filled. I strongly discourage that concept because like I said, HOS is a BGW thing. Moving the event to another park is basically getting rid of it, just like moving a coaster to another park is getting rid of it. BGW and BGT are sister parks, what if BGW got rid of their HOS and BGT hosted both HOS's? They got rid of the event one way or another.

If WCUSA wants to start a new KidSiderate fall themed event, I would be okay with that. So long as it is WCUSA's own event and not a BGW event at a different location. Market the fact WCUSA will reopen in the Fall for a special event without rides, just KidSiderate Fall attractions.

Nic said:
As long as Banbury Cross has scare actors, there really is no logical way to have a child-friendly event inside BGW proper. And I for one love any Victorian HOS attraction, so I wouldn't advocate making that area vanilla again.

Like I said, the idea was to make BGW child-friendly.

Jr.HOSfan said:
I've been a lurker on the forums since it started,So I thought I might as well make a account. Busch Gardens is getting to many complaints about not being family friendly for Howl-o-Scream. My solution is to move It to Water Country. This would be a seperate ticket event and free for platinum pass members. But, there would be a age limit of 13. They would still have haunted house,scare zones, and shows.This event would start in late September and take place from 7pm to 12 am. This event would solve a lot of problems for Busch Gardens. Also since Water Country has more wood land so they could add a haunted tractor ride. This would make me so happy since they got rid of the train.I've talked to many high up employees and they said that is a brilliant idea. There is only one problem would HOS still be on a smaller scale at BGW. Although in my opinion this would still save them a lot of problems.

To make things clear, the original concept was to: Relocated the mature Howl-o-Scream event to Water Country USA, to make Busch Gardens Williamsburg more KidSiderate and Family Friendly.

This is how is should be: Kidsiderate event at WCUSA, brand it as "Halloween Spooktacular," that's the name that SeaWorld seems to use for their family Holloween Events and we all know how much they like to share event names across the chain; then have a no holds bared Howl-O-Scream at BGW that is up-charged and is for guests 15+ or so.

Shane said:
This is how is should be: Kidsiderate event at WCUSA, brand it as "Halloween Spooktacular," that's the name that SeaWorld seems to use for their family Holloween Events and we all know how much they like to share event names across the chain; then have a no holds bared Howl-O-Scream at BGW that is up-charged and is for guests 15+ or so.

Yes.

Reactions: Planeteer
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad