Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
HHN Fans be like:
200.gif

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
I don't think Tampa's Fiends qualifies as a parody show when it has nothing else of any substance besides extremely poor taste jokes. A parody has to acknowledge the thing they are spoofing, not just "okay we've got... Political joke, political joke, pop culture joke, dance break..." And considering the lack of pop culture things happening this year because everyone's stuck inside, all they have to work with is covid which is poor taste or Trump, which why do we need to continue to give him more attention. There's just no reason for the show to happen this year. (Although I would love for their Fiends to be restructured to be an actual show instead of edgelord's first standup plus sexy nurses)

Sep 29, 2009
I’m not sure about the popularity of the show itself, but I would assume that alcohol sales are the main reason why they still haven’t gotten rid of the show. I agree that it is a pretty bad show, and worse than Williamsburg‘s production, even though it’s on a much larger scale.

It’s interesting, though, that the characters selling alcohol all over the park no longer bare an exact resemblance to the ones in the show (I’m not 100% positive this applies to all of them). So, maybe they are testing the waters to see if they can still sell alcohol, even if they don’t look like the ones in the show. If sales are still successful, maybe Fiends could finally get the axe. For years, though, it’s been their only show, so it seems like BGT kind of dug themselves in a hole with this one.

Reactions: Applesauce

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Besides the stage being different, is Fiends in Tampa that much different than JCC?

I personally liked the campy attempt at BGW, though it doesn't bother me too much that it got the ax so to speak.

Just really curious if they're actually different experiences.

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
Imo, they are wildly different experiences. Bgw Fiends, had an actual plot line that it stuck to, and only had like 5-6 pop culture references, that imo got worse and more obvious/alienating every year. Whether or not it was a good show depended on year and who you asked. (I for one though 2012 was the best, and it slowly disintegrated as years went on)

Tampa's Fiends is basically just pop culture references the show that has some sort of vague Frankenstein theme with sexy nurses, and has been that way since the early 2010s. Igor in Tampa is the absolute worst, constantly sexually harassing the nurses and basically his whole character is "will fuck anything with legs, and wants everyone to know".

There are full show videos on YouTube from past years, and it's... Something. But your milage may vary.

May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
Can’t say I’m not worried for Howloscream and Busch Gardens tonight as the governor of Florida announced today that no limits on businesses and masks not required if businesses do not want to do so. I pray that Busch sticks with their protocols and procedures...

Dombot

:)
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
Getting reports from a friend back home (who currently works at Adventure Island) attending opening night. From her point of view, social distancing is pretty standard around the park, and apparently Fiends is even better at the outdoor stage (which I doubt but I'm a purist so take my opinion with a grain of salt, lol). She's seen a handful of people not wearing masks, but far from the amount that she would feel unsafe. Seems like BGT has a winning event here. From an outsider's perspective, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: tursiops
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad