Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Here we are another year of Howl-O-Scream in the books. 2016 brought along a new house Circo Sinistro, a new Terror-tory (scarezone?) Sideshow Square, and upcharge Escape Rooms in Germany.

With the aging Bitten and Catacombs from 2009 still part of the line up will they finally be replaced? With a different take on how Terror-tories are done as seen in Sideshow Square being more reminiscent of a scare zone should we expect the future Terror-tories to be similar? Also, due to a change in management across the park how will HOS adapt to this change?

I think that sums this up, oh and the Nightmare Express along with Jack are clearly returning.

RE: Howl-O-Scream 2017

Connor said:
I think that sums this up, oh and the Nightmare Express along with Jack are clearly returning.

Are you just speculating or do you have actual evidence to support this? From what I've understood the Nightmare Express was a hit or miss attraction that took away from a part of the park's transportation system and with how the parks have been switching event Icons in recent years I doubt that Jack is returning.

Reactions: SWStevo

The Hessian said:
Are you just speculating or do you have actual evidence to support this? From what I've unaerstood the Nightmare Express was a hit or miss attraction that took away from a part of the park's transportation system and with how the parks have been switching event Icons in recent years I doubt that Jack is returning.
Oh no I personally doubt it's returning I just feel that it's kind of brought up every year and turned into a joke. I could see them return some time in the future maybe for the 20th, but not for 2017. Then again I don't know what the parks planning for next year. Hopefully that cleared things up.

Back on track for 2017, I wonder if Wendigo Woods will leave the line-up due to InvadR? Re-theming the towers to a fort and just adding some viking styled props could easily turn the area into a Terror-tory to better reflect InvadR.

That could be something interesting. Keeping in mind that they also work on Christmas Town, was there anything that made you think it was Howl-O-Scream related? Could they have just been working with lighting cables?

Edit: I just saw your similar post in the Christmas Town thread. I doubt this is Howl-O-Scream related.

Reactions: jornor and Luke

This confusion is why we discourage people from posting the same content to multiple threads.

Please continue this discussion in the Christmas Town thread.

Nicole said:
This confusion is why we discourage people from posting the same content to multiple threads.

Please continue this discussion in the Christmas Town thread.
CastleOSullivan said:
That could be something interesting. Keeping in mind that they also work on Christmas Town, was there anything that made you think it was Howl-O-Scream related? Could they have just been working with lighting cables?

Edit: I just saw your similar post in the Christmas Town thread. I doubt this is Howl-O-Scream related.
BenWilkerson said:
Oak Island Creative Representative seen looking towards Verboltens waterfall on san marco bridge

I replied back in that thread to avoid confusion.
http://parkfans.net/thread-3755-post-151460.html#pid151460

Reactions: jornor and Nicole

I think that utilizing pressed budget money to re-theme one of the best Terror-tories they have, Wendigo Woods, simply on the account of their new coaster, would be a mistake.

There's many other areas of improvement for the event that I would rather see than an updated New France zone. Sideshow Square could really use some more love, and I think its about time Demon Street and Catacombs rest in pieces.

The parks website states that HOS will run from Sept 23 - Oct 29 and that it will stay open until midnight and expand to select Thursdays. This is good news. Now lets see what new things they do in the park this year to hopefully keep on improving it.

Alf33 said:
The parks website states that HOS will run from Sept 23 - Oct 29 and that it will stay open until midnight and expand to select Thursdays.  This is good news.  Now lets see what new things they do in the park this year to hopefully keep on improving it.

Sounds like they are recognizing potential and we could see some great new things that we haven't seen in years at Howl-O-Scream.

Reactions: jornor and SWStevo

One of the things Mr. Cromwell mentioned at the PMPD event was that the park is going to do/try something new for HOS this year that they have never done before. This tease is all he would say about HOS and we will have to wait until later for more info to come out.

MAZ said:
It's probably just more booze carts.

fingers-crossed.gif

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad