Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
NOTE: This thread is for confirmed information about Busch Gardens Tampa's Howl-O-Scream 2014.

For rumors and related discussion, please go to the rumors thread.

Official 2014 Howl-O-Scream Tampa Site

Howl-O-Scream will be returning for the 2014 season on 18 select nights, beginning Friday, September 26th and ending on Saturday, November 1st. The first official details, mostly regarding dates and pricing options, were released on July 22nd.

Theme:

This year's Howl-O-Scream theme, Cursed, is being shared by all three parks that hold the event (BGT, BGW and SeaWorld San Antonio). The basis of the theme is an original song produced for the event, where guests who hear it are cursed. The only way to break the curse is to survive a night at Howl-O-Scream 2014!

At Busch Gardens Tampa, guests will have no choice but to listen to the song as they enter the park, where a myriad of speakers and old radios will be playing the tune.

Dates:

See HOS website for calendar. Each event night, it will run 7:30 p.m. until 1 a.m.

Freaky Preview Weekend returns on Friday & Saturday September 26th & 27th. Platinum Pass Members receive free admission this weekend.

The following week begins normal operation Thursday - Saturdays through November 1st. In addition, Howl-O-Scream will operate on Sunday, October 19th.

Tickets:

To purchase tickets, visit the Howl-O-Scream site.

Haunted Houses:

Dead Fall - NEW

The ghosts of long lost memories reach into the present and will NOT be forgotten! These spirits from the past lurk in the shadows of this Victorian garden and greenhouse, longing to drag unsuspecting guests into their world.

Zombie Containment Unit - NEW

Three years after the undead invasion, there has been a containment failure in Z.C.U.15. Zombies have escaped in search of flesh, and you’re the next target. Armed with only a Z.E.D. (Zombie Eradication Device), it’s up to you to hold off an undead mob in this interactive zombie hunting experience.

This house is NOT included in any front of the line passes, but is included in all admissions.

Death Water Bayou

Deep in the bayou the Voodoo Queen mystically transforms lost wanderers into her minions of evil with black magic. Here, her night servants roam with a zombie-like hunger and seek to grow her collection. The darkest evils lurk in shadows. Get out before you fall victim to her spell.

The BASEMENT

From Momma’s secret ingredient to Granny’s bone-ground flour, Momma’s Meats’ award-winning recipe has always been a family affair that’s only created in the BASEMENT. Escape the depths of the BASEMENT before she turns you into the secret sauce! She always said it took blood, sweat and tears!

Circus of Superstition: The Final Act

You’ve tried to avoid black cats and sidewalk cracks, but all those years of bad luck caught up with you! Surviving the terrorizing surprises of Circus of Superstition: The Final Act will take more than luck as you try to escape this whole new dimension of fear.

Blood Asylum

As lightning rages and thunder crashes outside, “The Creature” escapes from his holding cell in a high-security asylum for the criminally insane. Now this sadistic deviant is running rampant, skinning his former cellmates and turning the mental hospital into his own torture chamber. This serial killer’s bloody playground will drive you out of your mind with fear.

Zombie Mortuary

No one remembers how the epidemic started, but now, the undead terrors infest this small town funeral home and feed on the fresh flesh and brains of mortuary mourners to satisfy their insatiable hunger. Avoid the walking dead or you may find yourself deeper than six feet under.

The Experiment

Researchers have devised some new ways to challenge your fear tolerance and mental endurance in this interactive Experiment. “Test subjects” endure psychological tests in this exclusive study, pushing the limits of the human body and putting them face-to-face with their worst nightmares. How far is too far in study of fear? Will you survive The Experiment?

Note: The Experiment is a unique, interactive experience that challenges your threshold for fear for an additional fee. Reservations are required, and each reservation can accommodate you and up to three additional “test subjects.” Pass Member discount does not apply.  Not included with any other VIP tour or upgrade product.  Howl-O-Scream 2014 admission is required, but not included.  The Experiment admission for the first test subject starts at $50. Each additional test subject is $10.

RE: Howl-O-Scream 2014

Tonight's behind the scenes look at Iceploration at the Sidewalk Safari event for pass members was hosted by Scott Swenson, Director of Creative Services for the park. After the show, I stuck around to say hello and talk for a few moments since I haven't seen him in several months.

While discussing Howl-O-Scream, Scott noted this year's event would see something brand new and very big - something he didn't think any other theme park would be doing. While no specifics were given, it's nice to know we've got something brand new to look forward to!

The beast has awaken from its slumber - the first post from Howl-O-Scream has been made, teasing that details will be coming soon.

Perhaps most interestingly on the website, though, is this:

The streets will swarm with hundreds of roaming creatures, making escape nearly impossible.

Sounds like large hordes will make a big return this year.

The full teaser from the website:

For 18 select nights this fall, Howl-O-Scream 2014 unleashes a new type of terror.

Busch Gardens® Tampa transforms in to Florida’s top-rated Halloween event, complete with 300 acres of fears and frights, including new horrifying haunted houses and sinister surprises around every corner. The streets will swarm with hundreds of roaming creatures, making escape nearly impossible. Our sinister live show will get your pulse pounding, and challenging Florida’s top thrill rides in the dark will keep the screams coming all night long.

Soon, fans will experience the most horrifying Howl-O-Scream ever, leaving them begging for mercy…and screaming for more.

Remember, this thread is for announcing and discussing CONFIRMED details for HOS 2014. If you want to discuss rumors, head over to that thread.

Some work is being done to the Howl-O-Scream website, though it is not yet live linked from the main part of the site. It looks like Friday, September 26th will be the first night this season. With that in mind, and the announcement of 18 nights (4 more than last year), it looks like Howl-O-Scream will be open on Halloween this year!

They just came out with some ticket info:

Freaky Preview: Passmembers get in for free on Sept. 26th and 27th.

Summer Pricing: Log in to see the price. (I logged in, but my BGW Platinum pass apparently won't let me see the price for Tampa, I hope this isn't a change in my pass benefits....)

Bring a friend for $25: with your passmember $42 ticket purchase. On Oct. 2, 3, & 4.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole

This site: ThemeParkInsite has a few construction pictures already. Now we know the location of at least two houses. Here's an overview photo.
IMG_2395.jpg

Reactions: Zachary and Hoopla

Sorry for the double post, but so much has happened in the past few days. This house is already much further along with construction. It really puzzles me, because looking at various pictures of this house, I have seen possible references to at least three past houses. The first small reference could be linked to Darkheart's Fear Fair. Notice that there are four doors. This was a very big part of that house. The house had a mid-section that separated into four possible pathways. The mystery doesn't end here though. Behind one of the doors, I saw what looked like outlines from Nightshade Toy Factory signage. The third reference I saw, is the "Rue Morgue". That's a reference to Edgar Allen Poe. Could this house be a big humble jumble of past fears? It seems like there is still more yet to come.
DSC_7050.JPG

MOD EDIT: Image from BGT Buzz.

First house has been announced-Deadfall: a Victorian Era greenhouse overrun with spirits from the past. They're doing the element voting again for this one. The current poll is the name of the estate.

I thought the same thing David. Thankfully, I could not see Tampa stooping to that level anytime soon. I would not be surprised if this is going into the previous location for Nevermore. My biggest concern for this house: if this does end up going in Nairobi Orchid Canyon (Nevermore), the theme for the house could have easily been Victorian. Maybe we should start worrying if or when they start to do too much landscaping work outside. Keep in mind though, Root of All Evil is about 60 percent put together by the landscaping department. After they finish the landscape plan, they hand it back to the entertainment department.

The park updated their website along with some new houses.
Also, Circus of Superstition will be returning with an all new twist. I don't see how it could be in the same location though. If it is, it will be entirely different.
bfe0277acd2a4ecf9d047475068008ac_circus_594x334.png

Reactions: Viktor

CastleOSullivan said:
The site has been updated with information on Zombie Containment Unit 15.
Site.

I just saw behind the thrills post about this. That sounds really cool. So everybody gets a laser tag gun to shoot at the zombies in the house. I'm curious how that will work? You just shoot the laser gun and the zombie stops?

I took some construction photos of Deadfall today (8/28). It looks just like the concept imagery I saw for the facade. The only difference is the "Hemlock Halls" insignia over the frame.
[instagram=http://instagram.com/p/sRLdD1QQJV/]
[instagram=http://instagram.com/p/sRMNOQQQKE/]

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad