Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Earlier this year back in August the park had no dedicated site, not even a page with Howl-o-Scream details. Now after checking back turns out they have a site set up just like BGW&T's sites. The site contains stock photos from BGW, as well as a re altered image from the former BGW theme, The Scare is Everywhere. The site lists four houses, a vampire themed bar, and three scare zones.

Howl-o-Scream is back this year like never before! Beware, this is not the SeaWorld you know!

Warning: At 7 p.m., the park’s scare level will become too intense for young children. Howl-O-Scream is not recommended for children under age 13

Everyone is permitted to wear costumes; however, only children under 10 can wear masks.

Hours: Fridays & Saturdays; 7pm to 10pm

Price: Included in General Admission

Houses

Scare Zones
  • Deadly Shadows: Urban Legends Located at Rio
  • Circus of Death: Clowns in Control Located at Boardwalk Games
  • No Rest: The Undead Located at Penguin Plaza

Other

RE: Howl-o-Scream Missing?

San a Antonio still uses Jack. There event is an afterthought really. I doubt they'll have a site up before the end of August. It's basically one haunted house and a scare zone.

RE: Howl-o-Scream Missing?

Just saw the new HOS site for San Antonio, update the OP with all the official details.

Just a few notes to add, they copied Open Casket, basically a vampire bar, they copied the expired BGW theme and stock image just edited a coaster where the Festhaus was, looks like the Den of the Departed is copied from Tampa's new Voodoo Queen based house, and tons of stock photos from BGW, mostly the clowns.

It would appear that their event is separately ticketed like Tampa. I wouldn't write it off so quickly though. Just because the park doesn't have an online following like other parks, doesn't been they have a bad Halloween event. I would be interested in attending it at some point for comparative purposes.

Shane their event is NOT separately ticketed. It is included with your general admission. However, they have a special nighttime deal where you can pay $25 after 6pm. Otherwise, you can pay to play all day and night.

But I will say they definitely seem to be amping things up from previous years. Perhaps they are trying to follow suite with BGW?

I was going more for the fact they are switching up their theme, making the event much more separate and mature for adults. Whether or not they are falling into the same financial entertainment situation, I don't know.

got this in an email today:

xdolepg.png

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad