Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 30, 2010
I thought I made a post about this a while ago, but it looks like it got lost in the site shuffle.

BGT HOS 2013 Official Site

BGT HOS 2013 Tickets

This year's event runs Thursdays through Saturdays from September 27th to October 26th. Howl O Scream runs from 7:30pm to 1:00am every night.

This year is the 14th year for Howl-O-Scream in Tampa. This year's tagline is "Once every century, on precisely the thirteenth year evil comes out to play. This year's icons are "The 13," or more precisely 13 evils that have been waiting 100 years to come out and terrify you.

THE 13:
  1. The Possessed
  2. The Torturer
  3. The Hunter
  4. The Butcher
  5. The Banshee
  6. Voodoo Queen
  7. The Surgeon
  8. The Demon
  9. The Zombie
  10. The Cannibal
  11. The Psychopath
  12. The Hangman
  13. The Clown

HAUNTED HOUSES:
  1. The Experiment (NEW)
    Official Description: "Researchers challenge your fear tolerance and mental endurance in this never-been-done-before Experiment. In this exclusive study, “test subjects” endure psychological tests and must face top fear-inducing elements, from roaches and snakes to needles and darkness. How far is too far in this study of fear? Will you survive The Experiment?"

*Note this is an upcharge special experience: $50 for one person and $10 additional dollars for extra guests in your party, up to four total participants.

RE: Howl-O-Scream 2013

Before last year I would have said BGT's were way better. After last year, I'd say BGW has just about caught up with the production and entertainment quality of BGT's Howl-O-Scream shows.

Tut's Tomb closed up in the last two weeks, and all of the props in the entrance area were removed. So it might become a haunted house location again this year.

The pavilion near the Nairobi Train Station is also already under wraps for conversion to a haunted house. Otherwise, no visible other visible work that I've seen thus far.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan

pandorazboxx said:
The always popular Fiends will be back. But will it be in the newly renovated Stanleyville Theatre or it's home last year at the Desert Grill? In previous years, Fiends was in Stanleyville and there was another show in Desert Grill.

If I had to guess, I'd say Stanleyville Theater is out. The conversion over to Madagascar would require some major cover up to take on a different show. Plus, I'm not sure they'd close it up for several months after just debuting a few months ago.

Just my opinion, but I'll keep an ear out.

Nice, I was wondering why it was still open last year. Perfect place for a maze. The problem is the queue and the gift shop at the end. Maybe they would close the gift shop for a queue?

pandorazboxx said:
Nice, I was wondering why it was still open last year. Perfect place for a maze. The problem is the queue and the gift shop at the end. Maybe they would close the gift shop for a queue?

Not sure. The gift shop is still open at this point. According to wiki, it was last used as for a haunted house in 2004, and it's only been used twice in the history of the event.

For it to be excluded, I have to imagine that would be the Alone replacement, no?

Reactions: Bill
I'm on mobile until later but it looks like at the end of the YouTube videos all 13 evils are shown. Can anyone pull out the frames? I see the three already revealed plus at least a doctor and some kind of beast/Satan/minotaur.

Thanks. Lance has some good stuff there.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm#HOS2013

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad