Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
If you want the smallest lines for the rides, follow these simple rules:
-If you have kids, hit the Forest of Fun first. It opens 45 minutes before the rest of the park. Land of the Dragons never has bad lines.
-Don't hit Loch Ness Monster until you've done the larger rides (like Griffon, DarKastle, etc.). It tends to keep shorter lines.
-Get to Griffon first. The wait sometimes reaches 2 hours later in the day.
-Do the water rides in the morning. Most people tend to stay away from them until it's sunny.
-Go to the rides that use Quick Queue before the crowd.
-Europe in the Air's line increases over the day. It hardly ever shortens, so hit it earlier.
-Oktoberfest is emptiest around lunch time. Most guests are in the Festhaus at the time.
-Festa Italia is oddly empty on warmer days (excluding Roman Rapids and Escape from Pompeii)
-Le Scoot divides into 2 lines. The right line is shorter.

Hope you get more out of your day with these tips:rolleyes:!
(I will post more later.)

Reactions: Coasterfan76
Great suggestions ill have to try a few...I usally dont ride Flats all that much but this year im gonning too!

If you don't have small children and are going to go first thing in the morning I would suggest hitting Loch Ness Monster first. We usually ride at least three times and have to wait for Ireland to open. We then head to Griffon and can usually ride at least three times by 10:30.

Once i Headed there and got in the park at 10, got to ride alpeingeist 5 times in a row without waiting....then i headed to griffon and rode 5 times with only having to wait 10 min overall.

More tips:
-Alpengiest is quiet on cloudy days (odd)
-Griffon is short on cold days (people probably think the splashdown soaks riders)
-Darkastle is best at night when the kids are scared to ride it.
-Da Vinci's Gardens draws crowds depending on the ride. Families hit Flying Machine and lowere parts of Battering Ram. Thrill-seekers take Battering Ram's higher seats and Da Vinci's. If a coaster just reopens, thrill seekers may be scarce in the area. Same for others.
-Apollo's Chariot-hit it as soon as it opens, or at or right after lunchtime.

Hope these help, too:rolleyes:!

Please keep the abbreviations scarce. This thread is for people that aren't very familiar with BGW, therefore using abreviations like BR, FM, and DC, aren't appropriate. If you don't feel like writing it out, it's probably not worth posting.
~Fur

P.S. Feel free to remove this message after you read it.

Want some tips?

- Hit the big rides early. Coasters and especially water rides/indoor rides get long lines later in the day.
- Loch Ness is a good warmup coaster. If you arrive early enough, you can get multiple rides in before the rest of the lands open. After that, head into Ireland and work your way through the big rides from there. My attack plan is usually Loch Ness - Griffon - Le Scoot - Alpengeist - Mach Tower/Verbolten - Apollo's Chariot - Roman Rapids - Escape from Pompeii. You can throw other major rides like DarKastle into the mix as well.
- As long as you know when to go, you'll never have to wait. Weekdays are good, but the crowds do tend to pick up later in the day when the weather is cooler/season passholders come into the park. Major rides are often walk-ons earlier and as the day progresses, the lines pick up.
- Take it easy... Even on extremely busy periods (July 4th/HOS), you can have a good time if you don't focus too much energy on running from ride to ride. This works best when you do the rides early, that way you can spend the rest of your time enjoying the scenery/shows and taking in sights as well as rerides.
- Mach Tower/Verbolten will have longer lines because they are newer rides.and they're in the same corner of the park.
- Quick Queue is useful for busier periods.

^ thanks. Does the Quick Que help with this plan at all? How much does that shorten your wait? For the Quick Que, can you ride a busy (1 hour plus wait) later in the day by cutting the line?

And also, as you make your way counter-clockwise around the park, do you only do the big rides or the smaller ones along the way?

With Quick Queue, you should be able to bypass long lines for the major rides, so it is a nice deal if you're willing to hit all the major rides on busy days. The wait for QQ usually depends on how many people are using it/how long the line is. If the wait is an hour, the attendant gives you a time to come back to the ride within the next hour (that's pretty much how it's done at most other parks with line cutting systems). The wait should be shorter for Quick Queue by then.

As for hitting the medium rides, that's totally up to you. If you wanna hit the smaller stuff, feel free. Lines for the medium rides aren't that big of a deal unless it's a very busy day (waits should be 15-20 min max). Personally I hit a few medium rides unless the park is gonna be very busy.

A tip for any park you visit is to always plan ahead. I always try to get "must rides" in early so I don't have to stand in long lines later in the day.

It's worth noting that QuickQueue does not include Loch Ness. If you get there before the advertised opening (you should) hit LNM first and then come back and get it again at night if you so desire. Avoid it like the plague mid-day on busy days.

Swiftman said:
It's worth noting that QuickQueue does not include Loch Ness.

It did last year

EDIT: I just found that Verbolten has been added, and LNM taken off... I guess that LNM was just last year

Here's another good tip for those of you that live less than hour from the park and go twice a week. Go to the either in the morning or just before the park closes for the day. I normally go just before the park closes, like 4 hrs before. By, doing this I'm able to do all the rides like the coasters and the park is slowing emptying out.

Frontseatbill said:
Here's another good tip for those of you that live less than hour from the park and go twice a week. Go to the either in the morning or just before the park closes for the day. I normally go just before the park closes, like 4 hrs before. By, doing this I'm able to do all the rides like the coasters and the park is slowing emptying out.

I would be careful of doing that are super busy days. On days like 4th of July or HoS Saturdays, it is like the park may close at 11pm, but nobody leaves the park until 11:30pm, and there seems to be floods of people all trying to get out at 11:30pm. It is just terrible, but for a regular day in the spring or summer, works good.

Plus, my tip to add, plan to go in September if you can, but not the last weekend. The park is closed later, but it is also the slowest time of the year almost.

Party Rocker said:
Frontseatbill said:

I would be careful of doing that are super busy days. On days like 4th of July or HoS Saturdays, it is like the park may close at 11pm, but nobody leaves the park until 11:30pm, and there seems to be floods of people all trying to get out at 11:30pm. It is just terrible, but for a regular day in the spring or summer, works good.

Plus, my tip to add, plan to go in September if you can, but not the last weekend. The park is closed later, but it is also the slowest time of the year almost.
Yeah, if you plan on leaving late, I would recommend leaving about half an hour before closing, as if you leave at closing, you will wait on average 45 minutes to an hour trying to get out of the park, depending on where you are parked.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad