Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 28, 2010
How does Aquatica compare to Water Country? If you've been to BGW and WCUSA a bunch of times and could only pick one part to go to between Busch Gardens Tampa or Aquatica, which would you pick and why?

Mar 16, 2016
Richmond, VA
I'd probably pick BGT. It's different enough from BGW that it's a fresh experience. I enjoy Aquatica a lot as well, but it's very similar to WCUSA, and the love that I have for Aquatica is probably mostly due to the fact that we usually visit in late November, and essentially have the place to ourselves. There have probably never been more than a couple of hundred other guests there with us, everything is walk on because the locals think 74F is far too cold to be at a water park (with heated water). BGT on the other hand is a pretty different animal from BGW. There are a couple of rides duplicated at both parks, and overall I think BGW has the superior coaster lineup. The look and feel of the two parks are completely different, whereas WCUSA and Aquatica are very similar in look and feel.

Reactions: I64 Trekker
Mar 17, 2020
I'd probably pick BGT. It's different enough from BGW that it's a fresh experience. I enjoy Aquatica a lot as well, but it's very similar to WCUSA, and the love that I have for Aquatica is probably mostly due to the fact that we usually visit in late November, and essentially have the place to ourselves. There have probably never been more than a couple of hundred other guests there with us, everything is walk on because the locals think 74F is far too cold to be at a water park (with heated water). BGT on the other hand is a pretty different animal from BGW. There are a couple of rides duplicated at both parks, and overall I think BGW has the superior coaster lineup. The look and feel of the two parks are completely different, whereas WCUSA and Aquatica are very similar in look and feel.
I completely agree. Besides, Cheetah Hunt, Montu. and Falcon's Fury are definitely better rides than their BGW counterparts (Verbolten, Alpengeist, and Mach Tower), and I make sure to hit them every time I am down there. That said, if you are staying in Orlando, the drive to BGT early in the day is no problem and I usually make it in 60-65 minutes, but the drive back to Orlando later in the day is not exactly fun, with travel times usually in the 100+ minute range, given the inevitable slowdown ahead of Champions Gate.

Reactions: phurst

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I think it depends on your interests and the makeup of your group.

Aquatica is a fantastic water park. In my opinion, until Volcano Bay opened, it was easily the best in Orlando. I, personally, prefer it to WCUSA, although it is smaller. That said, it might be very crowded.

BGT is an accredited zoo, with a ton of great African animals and tours. It also has a lot of sister coasters to BGW, and a clone of Tempesto. If it weren’t for the animals, however, I probably wouldn’t like it as much as BGW, because our coasters are mostly better and I find our park prettier.

Edit: Montu is arguably better than Alpie and Kumba is great.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2011
How does Aquatica compare to Water Country? If you've been to BGW and WCUSA a bunch of times and could only pick one part to go to between Busch Gardens Tampa or Aquatica, which would you pick and why?

I hope you're not planning to go to Aquatica anytime soon because they are having serious capacity issues right now. With Orlando tourism on the upswing and many local and resident Disney passholders unable to renew their APs at the moment, many have opted to get passes for the SEAS parks there. Aquatica, like @Nicole mentioned, isn't a very big park and they've been hitting capacity a lot lately, to the point where they've had to turn away people at the gate that made reservations online.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Yeah, and Aquatica, when packed, is not a good experience at all in my opinion. It seems to me that Volcano Bay is WAY better at handing crowds.

I love Aquatica on paper, but the guest experience is often very rough in my experience. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: Pink and Unagi
May 9, 2019
Logistically speaking, I prefer the adjacency of Aquatica to SeaWorld better than the distance between BGW and WCUSA; also the strange looping entrance road of WCUSA is almost as weird as the entrance road to Carowinds.

From park experience, I prefer WCUSA over Aquatica; as @Zachary said the "crowded" experience is better at WCUSA than Aquatica; however Volcano Bay has both beat by a mile.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad