How do you feel about Steel Curtains support structure?

• Its cool because its different

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Its an ugly abomination

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Who cares? It has 9 inversions.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 14, 2019
It seems to have come to light in this thread link that the boxy erector set type support system S&S used for Steel Curtain is pretty polarizing.

I am curious just how polarizing people think it is? Or how cool people think it is? Just for reference this is ONLY about the support structure NOT the paint scheme.

Jul 14, 2019
Black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.

I mean it looks wild in person that's for sure. Probably depends how much you like yellow and black honestly.
Yeah i personally dont care for the colors (dislike the steelers) but the structure thats almost as if the coaster is inside a box is really cool.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Structurally, I think it's one of the most interesting looking coasters out there (it's my profile header for a reason). I wouldn't want every coaster to look like that—I generally think elegance is a virtue in coaster design—but sometimes you just want a giant steel monstrosity—and Steel Curtain certainly is that.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
None of those answers really apply to my feelings.... I personally love the structure and think it looks really cool but it's a major clash in that spot. Plop that thing down in a Six Flags and it's perfect -- actually, maybe even just move it back into the woods more (I know, the ravine). I just don't like how it clashes with the traditional feeling of everything around it with it coming out into the lagoon.

Reactions: mikes
Jul 14, 2019
None of those answers really apply to my feelings.... I personally love the structure and think it looks really cool but it's a major clash in that spot. Plop that thing down in a Six Flags and it's perfect -- actually, maybe even just move it back into the woods more (I know, the ravine). I just don't like how it clashes with the traditional feeling of everything around it with it coming out into the lagoon.
Sounds like you like it. The location and colors are irrelevant to the discussion.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
Sounds like you like it. The location and colors are irrelevant to the discussion.
I added a vote for that..... but I still don't feel like it's the same because people that say it's ugly have also have a valid point that I completely agree with. It's most likely why the coaster is so polarizing. Even the people that outright say they hate it might have a very different view if it was built somewhere else whether they admit to that or not.

Reactions: panopticon31
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad