Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
I'm thinking maypole style center pole with large blue, white, gold overlapping tarps (think similar to Canadian Palladium). Then lots and lots of fans.

That area is a cool concept and if they did 5 or 6, 15 minute Oompah band/polka dancer shows a day there it could really help to satisfy (somewhat) the "beer hall" feeling that is now gone from the Festhaus. The problem there though is that it's blazing hot in that area during the summer. It not appealing at all.

Would this be feasible? Would it look terrible having that large repetitive themeing right next to MT? Would it help, in even the smallest way, make up for the changes to the Festhaus?

Thoughts?

Great idea! Do something that you can get behind the pretzel shop while still being covered as well.

I love the idea!

Shafor said:
Would it look terrible having that large repetitive themeing right next to MT?

I doubt it- right now that area is terribly amusement park-y. It needs something over there.

Shafor said:
Would it help, in even the smallest way, make up for the changes to the Festhaus?

No, but something is better than nothing.

I think it's a creative solution, but those dancers used to work up a serious sweat when they were indoors. In the VA heat and humidity, I don't know how well they'd fare...

I'd rather see an existing-but-empty venue filled: either put just the band back in the gazebo where they started pre-Oktoberfest, or scale back Entwined and put it in Land of the Dragons so the dancers can have a climate-controlled environment...

gallery_4_542_367282.jpg

If the park were to cover any bit of any area with shade, I think they would only consider adding those shade shelters similar to the ones moved from Griffon's queue to Bistro, and the ones at Hubba Hubba Highway at WCUSA. But they would be blue and white.

That is a really good idea though and it makes perfect sense!

I think covering the area mentioned, to include all the tables in the area behind the pretzel place and up the slope (that is where you mean, right?) would really really REALLY add to the comfort of eating and resting there (thanks to the shade and fans) as well as add a thematic element that would pull that area together very nicely. It would make that addition seem much more integrated and planned, I think. What a fantastic idea!

As for the oompah band show, not sure that would work there as well, but a strolling type performance going by the seating area, plus maybe the area in front of the pretzel place and the Mach Tower queue might work. Or even back to the gazebo, though that wouldn't give you entertainment at the seating area, I realize.

Still, the covering would be both practical and visually appealing. I hope BGW takes note of this idea!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad